What do you use for AOE grouping for SM?
I just hit level 25 and I am new to mages.
Do you run Blizzard with fingers of frost and Shatter?
Is that it?
What do you use for AOE grouping for SM?
I just hit level 25 and I am new to mages.
Do you run Blizzard with fingers of frost and Shatter?
Is that it?
Are you playing with other mages or only mage in group? If playing with other mages go Imp Blizzard, ice block, and get living bomb to pull. 1 Mage pulls and Iceblocks and the other mages blizzard off the Iceblock. Priest healer is mandatory as they give you bubble which makes it so you don’t get daze while pulling as long as its still up. This is a loose way to pull. Not all pulls require iceblock but it does still make them safer.
Starting talents I would go something like this https://www.wowhead.com/classic/talent-calc/mage/--20300231132301
For AOE pulling shatter is pretty irrelevant tbh. Do NOT go frostbite while doing aoe pulls. A big thing a lot of mages get wrong past GY if you want to make sure the runs stay as clean as possible everyone PAST the initial pull everyone should only be using Imp blizzard, COC and frost nova If the mobs are very low hp then I throw out some AEs as it is usually safe since they will probably have the flight response active. For the actual organize pulls you don’t want to just click frost nova randomly. You want to save it for if the grouping gets disorganized so you frost nova the first half and that helps the back half of the mob grouping catch up.
No pull needs it but speed pots and world buffs do make all the pulls easier.
Now lets get into some of the pulls.
GY
4 pulls. 1st pull all of first room have another mage blizzard the door. Casters here can be annoying try to have you priest keep bubbles up when he has free time for the people casting blizzard.
Second pull I usually have 1 mage pull left 1 pull right then have someone make sure everything in the middle gets dragged in. I do half the courtyard but I wasn’t running iceblock when I was doing GY have both the mages iceblock at the end and you can do the whole courtyard in 1 pull. You can have the third mage blizzard but I usually just do a combination of COC, frost nova when needed and a lot of AE. As GY isn’t very scary.
3rd pull, if you can’t do the courtyard in 1 pull just do it in 2 halves.
4th pull is the tomb, You are gonna pull everything to the boss room. Have 1 mage take the left path and 1 take the right path. I usually get in first so I frost nova the first set of mobs while they are on the stairs then start blizzarding while the rest of the group gets in and starts aoeing. Boss will try to act scary but he is a pushover.
Lib
Once your party gets GY down you start doing lib at the same time as GY as you will hit the hour cap otherwise. I just do 2 pulls in lib though, all of the first room then the next hall. Both pulls you just bring it to the pulls starting door while having the other mages imp blizzard the door. If you want to Guarantee great pulls I recommend buying fap potions for the second pull as getting stun can be annoying but its not require and more of a quality of life thing.
Armory
I go in a big loop in the first room and pull everything back to the door again. I can’t remember if Iceblock this or not I don’t think I did. I usually have a different mage do the next pull for iceblock cd as I will then do the final 2 pulls with iceblock then cold snap iceblock. The second pull the mage needs to pull up to the mobs before the stairs. You can still do the next pull if they miss the last pack but its harder for someone who is learning. Next pull its just pull as far as you can. To describe where I go there is the long hall before Herods, then there is the first rectangle with 3 packs right before that I pull that 3rd. I don’t go any farther as my teamates usually have a hard time not grabbing aggro and making it before iceblock runs out. Then I just pull all the mobs before Herod for the last pull. Magecleave is not great against Herod so I just skip unless there is a big reason of needing to pull him.
Cath
Is where everything gets fun. I just do the first pull nice and easy the first hall way.
Make it easy have 1 mage pull left side and another pull right side and pull everything back into the hallway door while the 3rd mage imp blizzards the hall way. If things get sketchy I recommend looking up the fountain trick. Next pull is the second “floor” have 1 or 2 people pull everything start from left or right to the opposite set of stairs. Blizzard as they are coming around the corner of the stairs. If they get to close you can fall back and do the fountain trick.
Next pull is the fun pull. For Cath you want to bring a tank just for this pull. All you do is run in tag the boss try to stall as long as possible then iceblock. All the mobs will start running to you. I tell my group usually to wait and as soon as iceblock hits 2 seconds to imp blizzard on top of me. I am very comfortable with blinking with a lot of mobs near me though. The tank needs to pull the boss here and that is their only job really this whole time. Hold aggro on boss while the mages kill everything else. The last pull is so satisfying.
This isn’t a complete guide and its in text form but it will get you started.
Any grammer mistakes oh well. To much to review.
Wow thanks for the details!
I appreciate it.