New Loot System Sucks!

Holy Crap… I just ran all 3 Fated Raids three times mostly for xmog and rolled need on about 12 items… didn’t get a single thing out of pug Raid.

Here are the problems I currently see with this group loot system.

1. Rolling on gear in PUGs/LFR is just chaos… no rhyme or reason… people just rolling need for no reason.
  2. People can roll Need on everything and win everything… no limits… no roll modifiers for winning/losing. No gear checks beyond class/spec.
  3. Friends/Paying for items, trading. Lots of people rolling need for friends and then trading it to them.
  4. Roll timers take forever… way too long of a timer to roll on something.
  5. Even in an organized Guild Raid… people fighting over ilvl vs xmog… or what % upgrade it is or BIS.

This system was scrapped in favor of personal loot last expansion, but at least you got an item and could trade etc. We need to go back to personal loot atleast for PUGs/LFR. In organized Raids roll modifiers or coins should be brought back for extra personal loot rolls.

35 Likes

i saw someone get 3 items off sylvanas today

i think cause most of the raid left but i thought if you leave you can still win if you roll

Was already happening but just in the background in PL.

The system only lets you Need roll on times you can use, only your armor type, and only on items flagged for your loot spec (which isn’t necessarily your current spec).

Happened in PL too.

Doesn’t really matter, people believe in this myth they can wait out the timer until people leave for their rolls not to count, but that myth isn’t true.

Any raid worth its salt will organize and prioritize loot, and use things like loot council to distribute loot.

14 Likes

Nope. People “turtle” the loot and wait for everyone to leave before rolling. Quality stuff right there.

2 Likes

I heard a dev say this need/greed roll was essentially done on the backend with personal loot and the player never saw it. Not sure how true that statement was hearing stuff like this.

1 Like

so basically i gotta wait until its just me and the other person finally rolls or else they get everything?

4 Likes

No reason? C’mon now. If you’re going to try to act outraged, at least come up with something better than this.

Wrong. There are absolutely rules on what they can roll on.

Happened regardless.

This is actually a legitimate issue. 30 seconds is plenty of time.

That happened regardless.

1 Like

No. People keep saying this but it isnt true. It’s been confirmed you can leave and still get loot.

11 Likes

This is false. If you roll then leave, the loot is sent to your mail if you win the roll.

9 Likes

then how did one person win 3 items

1 Like

Because the dice liked them. It has zero to do with people leaving. If people had stayed, they still would’ve won 3 items.

2 Likes

you never saw this with personal loot.

loot was evenly given out to the raid and not to one person

6 Likes

He had the high roll on 3 items?

I’ve noticed that sometimes barely anyone is even rolling on an item (not saying it’s the case here).

3 Likes

That’s a myth, stop spreading false information.

No you don’t. Anyone that tells you otherwise is spreading false information.

4 Likes

Personally? I could care less if someone gets lucky and wins 3 things. Grats to them, that’s pretty awesome. Not surr why people have this notion that loot is somehow fair and equal.

3 Likes

because it has been since legion until now when they added need before greed to LFR

No. It hasn’t. People whined and cried constantly that people with higher ilevels won stuff, wouldn’t trade, etc.

3 Likes

it was fair anyway the system didnt discriminate against high level players doing stuff for transmog for instance

1 Like

Nothing was fair. You just never saw the rolls to cry about it.

3 Likes

one person got a max one item per boss lmao

not 5

2 Likes