New Item to Mitigate Stygia Loss in the Maw

Over the first couple of weeks of Chains of Domination, we’ve seen a lot of feedback on how, as the denizens of Azeroth have learned how to maneuver in the Maw more smoothly and efficiently, there is one real sore spot remaining for players: the loss of Stygia on death in the Maw.

It makes sense that the Maw walkers should learn how to mitigate that as well. So with a hotfix that is now live on all realms, we’ve:

• Added a new reward to Archivist Roh-Suir’s vendor list that will reduce players’ Stygia loss in The Maw by 75%.

The new item is called Treatise: Bonds of Stygia in Mortals, and it’s available at tier 4 with The Archivists’ Codex.

34 Likes

So we get the pleasure of grinding to buy an item to make grinding in another area less painful?

210 Likes

Posting in a Blizzard thread.

13 Likes

Also that’s dumb. Just make it so that you don’t lose your crap.

87 Likes

I mean help is help yeah?

So this is cool. But why not just make us not lose stygia in the maw at all?

81 Likes

Because then Stygia wouldn’t feel meaningful.

16 Likes

This upgrade better be ACCOUNT WIDE.

20 Likes

Or just, I don’t know, turn it off because it makes zero sense at this point lol.

68 Likes

Actually i agree with this just turn it off, added a needless grind.

12 Likes

I just kite mobs away from their anchor points so if I die my stygia drops somewhere that’s easier to retrieve.

Usually you know in advance when you’ve bitten off more than you can chew, and moving to a quiet spot to meet your demise is easily accomplished.

3 Likes

Make it 100% reduction and research tier 1 with no cost and people might feel like this is a good faith effort to fix something that never should have gone live.

45 Likes

I mean it is an improvement. So that’s a good thing. :hugs:

1 Like

Why not make it 100% at least? Why are you forcing people to still lose 25% stygia? This should NEVER had happened, no one enjoys losing a currency.

13 Likes

I mean I always thought it was dumb from the start. The threat of death changes wildly based on the class and spec you play. As a Rogue, the threat of death for me is pretty much zero. The only time I’ve ever been killed in the Maw was through PvP. Same for when I play a tank, can pull huge areas with zero chances of getting killed.

2 Likes

Thanks for the info Kaivax :+1:

1 Like

This community is so trolling sometimes. You whine about the game being world of instancecraft, and yet you cry when the game threatens you with actual danger with consequences in the open world.

This change makes a lot of sense with the removal of Eye of the Jailer, but it’s still sad to see that the Maw has been slowly eviscerated. I do like the Maw Assault content, but there is no “Maw” in the Maw Assaults, they’re just Covenant Assaults with some jailer-themed goombas. Korthia isn’t really the Maw either.

3 Likes

All this because Morgeth has been killing players all week from poor server performance, and they can’t get their corpses back.

23 Likes

They continue to be completely out of touch with the community

24 Likes

The only times the Maw is dangerous(WM OFF) are when other players drop mobs on you, the servers lag during world boss and when you disconnect from a desynch.
All of those are out of our control and punishing players for something they didn’t do is bad game design.

8 Likes