New Instance Limit in WoW Classic

So how does this combat bots, exactly?

Dunno, not my problem anymore, now I can farm on my mage without it ruining my main’s instances

It gives blizzard 4 mages worth of time to investigate an account before they effect the economy the same amount they would have before.

Doesn’t feel like a particularly strong point, but it’s all I got.

Can you show me where they said spamming resets is exploitative

1 Like

You’re really stretching their words hard to match your twisted view of ideal player behavior. You’re making assumptions and projecting your beliefs onto Blizzard.

1 Like

I guess? Too bad 4 mages worth of time (when being boosted) is like… a week.

3 days most likely

This actually makes me happy now, finally leveling a warlock and I don’t feel hindered by my main and alt now :smiley:

If you are hitting that limit on one character, then yes yes they do consider it bot like behavior.

Well does this new change help you as someone who wants to run more than 30 dungeons a day? Yes or no.

The only thing that determines what is bot behavior or not is if the actions are AUTOMATED. Just stop man, it’s embarrassing.

4 Likes

Um… if you were hitting the rate limit you were caught up in what blizzard considers bot like behavior…

That’s not what they said at all…

Again…“The intention behind both of these restrictions is to reduce the profits for new bots”. That is directly from the mouth of Blizzard. To reduce the profits of bots that slip through the cracks and don’t get banned before hitting 60 and farming. That’s it. Nowhere does it say farming instances is bot-like behavior.

2 Likes

And what behavior are the targetting to do so? Oh right… spamming dungeon resets.

Seems like they are fine with us doing that, actually.

Have you seen today’s hotfix?

1 Like

Have you? It doesn’t remove the 30 dungeons per day restriction.

Yes it does. I just have to level a couple more characters first :slight_smile:

I don’t tend to go very hard, to be honest I can probably get away with just one more mage.

1 Like

It’s not bot like behavior to do 30 instances per 24 hr.

They said it was to slow bots down to give blizzard more time to identify them…

Your 100% trolling now.

1 Like

No they would be doing 120 instances a day.

But 30 instances a day is a very good metric for someone who is trying to abuse the reset mechanic.

Doing 30 “resets” a day is not abuse, nor is it an exploit.

Your trying to make something out to be abuse by YOUR definition. What matters is blizzards.

And wouldn’t you know it! Blizzard just gave us an updated showing they don’t see an issue with players doing more than 30 instances a day (by them changing the cap to be per character). Which further proves your OPINION to be different from Blizzard’s.

6 Likes