New Instance Limit in WoW Classic

Oh hey Kaivax!

I see you’re still ignoring this thread. Must be a day ending in “y”.

Honestly… While I still detest the 30/day limit, this would go a long way with actually repairing some of the problem.

Considering how silent Blizzard has been on screwing over the hard core community with this change, I guess I’d accept anything at this point.

I still don’t understand why they’re being so obtuse on this subject.

1 Like

because even they don’t like it.

Change it to 90 / 3 days and give people a way to track it easily and we’d be good.

It’s not a contradiction. The change makes it easier to detect bots because regular players bumping up against the cap don’t swap to different realms and repeat. Sorry you weren’t able to understand that. I’ll try to be clearer next time.

2 Likes

It still takes four times as long now to boost all these bots into a profitable level range, and that buys Blizzard time to ban them. If an account is regularly bumping up against the instance cap on multiple realms, clearly it’s a bot account.

1 Like

They don’t have to swap accounts. It’s per realm.

2 Likes

Now now, you’re going against their confirmation bias. Shame on you.

That was a typo. The post after that makes it obvious. I meant to say “swap to different realms.” Sorry about that.

So… could they not have just worked on their detection by setting a flag on any accounts that do more than 30 instances a day and checked to see if they were botting?

Would that not have accomplished the same thing while not simultaneously limiting legitimate players?

7 Likes

No, again, it doesn’t even do that. In fact it’s probably not even twice as long. The reason is that someone with 4 accounts (for the sake of argument the same as before), because they can use the first account they hit 60 with on each realm (something they’d do anyways), to boost the other toons from the other 3 accounts all at the same time. If you’re running someone through SM, mara or ZG, it doesn’t matter all that much if you have one carry or a full party of carries. And since they have a dedicated bot they control boosting them, the leveling should be faster than leveling their first toon on a realm.

Considering the assisted leveling record is a little over 1 day, and assuming bots will be 5-10 times slower, this sets botters back maybe a week. With Blizzard doing ban waves every 3 months or more, this is not a significant issue to them. Plus you are forgetting that a lot of these people are chronic offenders who only get temporary bans. That means the botting accounts they used before (6-12 months or whatever) become available for use again each time their current accounts get banned.

The ban waves are too infrequent to financially affect botters much - that’s why we have the problem. They’d need to be at most bi-weekly to eliminate botting.

1 Like

Until there’s 70k+ bans a day for botters, you’ll never defeat them.

You have to ban them before they’re level 60, and it takes them barely even a day or two to get to 60 and start pumping items and gold into the economy.

2 Likes

Regular players weren’t online 24 hours a day, 7 days a week either- but Blizz couldn’t figure that out.

3 Likes

You’re focusing on one aspect of this to the exclusion of others. Specifically, you’re ignoring this:

Not really.

Granted, that’s technically 4x as long for them to get “into a profitable level range” but when that’s 1 day vs 4 days (mind you, they still keep botting the 30 instances a day on their highest leveling in between leveling on the other realms.

When it takes Blizzard weeks or months to ban them… that’s a problem.

2 Likes

When are we going to be free from this mobile game limitation? How long are you going to use it as a crutch to prop up your training wheel bot banning trial system? #ICantInstance

6 Likes

Likely the same length of time that mages stop trotting out 1 post alts.
IE: never

Contrary to your beliefs not everyone against this change is a mage, mage alt, bot, exc.

Your generalizing a lot.

I have a classic mage, he isn’t even level 45 yet and I’ve been casually leveling him for over 5 months. But oh heaven forbid anyone that disagrees with you must have been a mage, alt or bot…

3 Likes

No, not every one. But when I see 1 post alts being trotted out with the

blurb that they have been using for all of their alts, it is pretty clear what is going on.

1 Like

assuming people posting #ICantInstance are the all them same person is pure conjecture…it’s a hashtag…

2 Likes