New Instance Limit in WoW Classic

Stealing the credit card costs time and resources. If they have to steal four times as many credit cards, they’re still losing time and money.

I don’t think they have to steal 4x as many credit cards dude. They just use one, four times.

Can you explain to me the mental gymnastics you are going through to assume these options?
In 1, why do you assume that Blizzard will be any better at identifying people who instance cap on 4 realms a day, when it takes them 4 months to notice that a guildless mage in diremaul has not slept in 3+ months? Their advanced anti-cheat systems need more damn proof? I mean you think this is a more reliable way to catch people than flagging people who did 100+ runs every day on a single realm. There is an absence of logic in your statement.

And in 2) What on earth makes you think the bots will be unused for 18 hours a day? Of course they’re going to be used! So someone who used to bot on one account, now has a choice - bot 16 hours in the open world, create 3 free characters on other realms and continuing 24/7 in 6 hour shifts on each making as much as they were before, or buy 3 more accounts and MAKE FOUR TIMES THE MONEY spreading botting and RMT gold selling to 3 realms they were not servicing before and continuing 24/7 operations across 4 realms. The reason bots exist is because they are profitable! By Blizzard encouraging them to bot more, the botters will make more money than ever! I’m sure botters are happy with this change!

As to the effect on normal people, heavy users are of course affected most, but prices will go up for everyone now because now the only people who can efficiently supply the market are bots and they’ll be able to charge more and make even more money as their gold will be in even higher demand since a flask or a pot for raid will now cost you an arm and a leg and maybe part of your pelvis too.

Attempting to spin this as an anti-bot change is ridiculous. That “per realm” caveat in the lockout rule may as well be called the “bot exemption clause”.

2 Likes

Blizzard disagrees with your opinion on this change and it’s effectiveness. This change makes botting less profitable than before. How much is debatable, sure.

Talk about mental gymnastics:

By Blizzard encouraging them to bot more, the botters will make more money than ever!

Unlike you, I don’t assume to know what Blizzard’s capability are and was when it comes to detecting bots prior to this change. You’re assuming many things in your statement.

Now that there is an actual cap to instance farming, the lockout mechanism is a trackable event. It’s not a stretch to think this lockout field would be used as part of the effort to tracking down bots.

Also, stay on subject. I am talking about instance farming specifically, which is the most lucrative way of making gold. I made no mention or claims about world botting or how it would or wouldn’t be impacted by this change.

Pfffft, no it really doesn’t. Take an intro to IT security class, you’ll see how insanely simple it is to get personal information lists including CC numbers. There is no real “time and effort” that goes into that. It actually scary levels of easy and fast.

Here I am posting while waiting to become unlocked from my daily 30 instance cap. Game is doing awesome!

2 Likes

Yup!..way to go Blizz…just as many bots…and now I’m waiting to be unlocked…

Going to just play something else.

7 Likes

just posting my daily reeeeee

3 Likes

Yes for money, if this is making bots burn through their stolen CC’s faster well that costs them money.

1 Like

Three more hours until my last night’s instance lockout clears and allows me to do dungeons again :upside_down_face:

3 Likes

Dang. I wasn’t aware that dungeons were the only way to level. I learnt something new today.

Stahp “kid”.

1 Like

Chiming in for the daily complaint…still hitting lockout daily. Still getting content time gated. Still no answers from blizzard.

10 Likes

Well maybe you should refer back to their answer when they time gated content to 5 runs per hour :slight_smile:

1 Like

Can you stop commenting. You literally have 150 posts in this thread.

3 Likes

They couldn’t catch the ones we were reporting constantly and got to r14 by afking in AV.

They can’t catch the trains of obvious bots infesting half the zones. They can’t catch the ones running the same dungeons 24/7. Frankly if all they did was check on the accounts active 16+ hours a day they’d have a list that’d mostly be bots. From there you check those more closely and toss out bans to the legitimate cases.

If they couldn’t figure it out when they were doing 24/7 on one server, why do you think this’d be different? The entire reason they’re doing this is because they are utterly incompetent, they already have the tools to start banning bots they’re just not using them and so instead they’ve put up some restrictions that they threw together at a ten minute meeting.

That they couldn’t even figure out how easy it would be for bots to bypass this is the entire problem.

If this were a legitimate attempt to stop bots players would still be annoyed at the inconvenience, but at least we could see the reasoning. Since this is so easy to work around though, it basically does nothing at all- which is absolutely incompetent. When the only people you’re punishing are legitimate players but you’re trying to pass it off as ‘to fix bots’ you should be called out on it, and in a rare thing for these forums people actually are calling them out on it.

So you start off trying to sound like an adult.

Before devolving into being a selfish child. First of all- fun often comes at others expenses, there’s an entire system for that called pvp, between premades, wpvp ganking, camping and wbuff dispelling it’s very clear that there’s a large group of players that love having fun at others expense and a lot of people that despise being on the receiving end of it. And Blizz takes no issue with that in the slightest.

Secondly- 30 is too much according to you, and retail Actiblizz run by Kotick. It’s not too much according to the devs 15 years ago when Vanilla WoW was actually Vanilla, 6 hours a day of dungeons would have been considered casual as it was during a time when 18+ hours a day to rank in pvp was expected and you needed to do so for months as Blizz put in a system to deliberately and brutally punish players that took time off the grind. Before people like you turned it into the garbage it is today because you thought that you could make Vanilla ‘better’ by injecting it with retail ideas.

Third- you seriously don’t see the irony of saying ‘you can spend your time how you want…’ before saying ‘unless you spend it how you want’.

I can’t tell if you’re an adult that never got past the tantrum phase or a child that is used to getting your way all the time and is too spoiled to be able to handle the thought of someone else having something he doesn’t.

7 Likes

Context is everything. If you want to spend your time emulating a bot, then yes, I have a problem with that.

Says the player throwing the tantrum because they only get to play for six hours a day supposedly. How many other adults outside of this game do you know who would pitch a fit over that?

How is actively playing the game farming emulating a bot? This entire game is full of repetitive activities. Farming a dungeon isn’t any different.

How many other adults outside of this game do you know who would pitch a fit over that?

Yeah…I think a whole hell of a lot of people would have an issue of being told them how to spend their time. Especially when they’re paying for a service. It’s like if your ISP said you can only use the internet for 6 hours a day but only visit 5 websites an hour.

3 Likes

Reminder that 30/day is a bad change.

5 Likes

WoW has always had limits on what you can and cannot do since day 1. The whine that well we used to be able to do whatever we want and now we can’t just doesn’t work.

The limitation was 120/day.

Said limitation got cut by 75% to 30/day.

So let’s say you use about 50 GB of internet per month and you pay for 100 GB for $50/month.

Now your internet provider says you are going to have the same bill of $50/month but you get 25 GB for the month.

Would you be upset and be tempted to cancel your service and or complain until you get your previous deal back?

That’s what is happening here, yes there was a limit per day of what our $15/month got us. But it’s now been cut back by 75% for the content we wanted to play and it’s the same price.

Do you see the issue we are having?

Same price for 1/4th the daily resets. Sure many people didn’t hit said reset limit, but many are now having issues with it because, using the previous internet example, we have no way to track our internet usage (instances used) to an accurate degree inside of the product we pay for.

They pushed this change through with no UI to help us keep track of it, which results in accidental lockouts which can impact our raids, helping guildies, exc.

4 Likes