New Instance Limit in WoW Classic

Yeah I can see quite a few raids noticing people missing because someone accidentally locked themselves for reasons just like this… daily limit is too short imo and a longer term limit would be just as effective for whatever they’re trying to achieve with this change.

My only real complaint is that there is no timer

1 Like

This might be the dumbest #nochanges you have ever changed… There needs to be a better way to fix this then to harm regular players trying to farm for their chest doing BRD arena runs.

It will not help and it will only make it worse for you to get gear. Imagine farming for Briarwood Reed. You might burn though 5 IDs just looking for the rare spawn.

I hate this change, seriously just let people play the way they want and fight the botting in another way… Thank you … Please reconsider this decision and change it !

2 Likes

this guy has some major mage hater syndrome

3 Likes

I pay you to play this game. Bots are botting. they make new accounts and will not care. Fix that, you know, the issue bots. your’e limiting your player’s on a game that makes you grind and farm. I should be aloud to grind as much as i want. its what I’m freaking paying for. 30 lock outs. sounds like a lot but it’s not. I’m hearing bro go outside or bro do something else. Bro, YOUR NOT MY DAD. If i wanna eat ice cream and drink mountain dew and play video games for 20 hours I can, wanna know why? I’m an adult. The general random public thinking anybody cannot is their projection. This is hurting players. and it’s not a small majority either its not this simple whack 2% if you actually play classic you’d understand.talking to you blizzard we know none of your faculty does 30 lock outs is not hard specially across 1 account with alts. This is such a bad change once again if you played you would understand. Some people raid 2 days then only have 1 day to farm. why irl stuff work, school, what ever else gets put in there path. Stop breaking stuff blizzard you are better then this.

Except that this wont stop dungeon boosting… It just limits it to 6 hours a day. You don’t think it wont be prevalent anymore? It solves nothing and just screws over anyone trying to farm a specific piece of gear from a boss or mats for raid for a longer period in a day of the week.
I wouldn’t be upset if it was a weekly limit, but I only have one good day to play each week. It doesn’t stop exploits OR bots, as Blizzard said it was intended for. It’s so poorly thought out that I’m starting to think there’s an ulterior motive behind it, or that they will roll it back with a less drastic change so that people aren’t so unhappy about it.

3 Likes

I’m instance locked 1 day after implementation of this vastly stupid change. Between raid days I farm Mara Princess for the blade of eternal darkness. I have around 550 runs. This is how I relax. Now, I can’t do it anymore because you dunces at Blizzard decided this was a way to fix “automated gameplay.” Give me a break. I played mostly during Vanilla so I don’t know how many dumb things you’ve done in retail, but this one seems MONUMENTALLY bad.

11 Likes

Worse, this was an April Fools joke from vanilla. And it was 40 instances. It’s worse than a joke.

9 Likes

You don’t have to add raids.

If someone does hit the cap doing Rend runs or Anger runs etc, and then later on to end the night wants to do a raid, they can be locked out.

Here’s the thing, NO ONE is exploiting raids, so this is anyone issue, and so if someone caps dungeons, so be it, but that shouldn’t interfere with raiding, cause you can’t exploit it anyways.

and if people are exploiting it, well them open up what i said, and have your systems trigger a message to you that this one character/account has done 20=raids in a day, now you can go see the exploit and crush it?!?!?!

But I don’t care if I hit the dungeon cap to stop exploiters, I just think putting the raids with it is pointless.

And they still won’t be banned.
Soo basically actual players, sweaty or not, are affecteds. But bots are not.
Beautiful.
At least blizzard will spend less money on servers maintence costs while profiting from bots and degrading your game so thats a… big win? lmao.

2 Likes

You can be sure 30+ instances a day is not “playing the game as intended”.

You can be sure 30+ instances a day is not “playing the game as intended”.

It certainly is. This one of the reasons why we called for a replication of Vanilla, where things like Heroic instance lockouts aren’t a burden. You are welcome to try Classic sometime to get a better feel for whatever “intent” there was. You might even like it if you try it.

2 Likes

I’ve been playing classic almost exclusively honey.

Even ignoring common sense and healthy gaming habits… you can be sure that 30+ is not playing as intended, as evidenced by the simple fact that that’s the limit they just imposed.

A limit which is, of course, quite high, and well beyond what any reasonable person should hit during the course of any normal kind of gameplay.

1 Like

Who cares if it’s intended or not? Many of the things we do in Classic are unintended in vanilla. Like Warriors not wearing full plate. Or Druids DPSing.

It’s really not. It’s actually easy to accidentally hit it on a day off, and since there’s no actual indicator how many instances you’ve entered nor when it’ll reset, you have to track it closely or get screwed for up to 24 hours.

“Normal” gameplay isn’t a thing.

2 Likes

Can you at least put an in game way to track lockouts then? If we are going to be punished for playing to much at least give us a way to make sure that we don’t screw over our guildies by getting locked out of raids just from simply playing the game to much.

3 Likes

If some sweat lord wanted to play the whole day he should be more than welcome to and not have to face a cap.

6 Likes

I’ve been playing classic almost exclusively honey.

Doubtful. The level cap is 60.

Even ignoring common sense and healthy gaming habits… you can be sure that 30+ is not playing as intended, as evidenced by the simple fact that that’s the limit they just imposed.

It certainly is intended, as evidenced by the lack of a 30+ cap in Vanilla.

A limit which is, of course, quite high, and well beyond what any reasonable person should hit during the course of any normal kind of gameplay.

I hit it in two hours of gameplay. If you think that two hours of relaxation is unhealthy then we are clearly working with very different definitions of self-care. Look after yourself a bit.

5 Likes

how could you possibly think this is a good idea. SMH