New Instance Limit in WoW Classic

They not only can and will simply switch servers, they will have perpetual rotating botting operations on 4 servers at a time. and they’ll just spin up new accounts on the most lucrative servers to compensate, along with increasing bot boosting prices and the costs of instance farmed mats, and the prices of the rmt gold they sell to players will increase to meet the increased demand.

Its a win win for rmt bot operations.

I’ve only dabbled in classic, so for full transparency, I don’t really have a horse in this race. That said, this sounds like a standard time-played metric mechanic, albeit in a different form than what I typically see in retail. Minimize accessibility and maximize grind.

1 Like

Look! Blizzard is finally doing something about server queues by making idiotic changes so people quit.

5 Likes

Whether they are necessary or not is not important. Youre using such a weak argument.

Are there any gamers still working for your company? Why do all the changes seem like business decisions? This will negatively impact the market, it will disproportionately impact raiders over casuals (i hit 6 lockouts last night just doing my standard raid rotation + buffs), it will impact people who sell leveling services as their main source of in game income, it will impact people who need to farm consumables that are only readily available inside dungeons (grave moss), it will negatively impact people who had to audacity to give you 30$ a month so they can have 2 accounts (can no longer boost yourself… even if this new change implemented the “need” for 2 accounts), feral druids can kiss crowd pummelers goodbye, warriors can kiss SGC goodbye, rogues and wars can kiss HoJ goodbye, anyone using arcane crystals/dark runes/coins/bijous can expect them to SPIKE, anyone leveling their mage 42-52 in ZG better count their lockouts…

need to raid tomorrow? better not farm today then… cause your lockouts will carry over into the next day (im legit waiting for 8:30pm so that i can enter dungeon because thats when we killed nefarion last night… my next one is like 30 mins later when rag died… having to wait to play a game you pay to play is the most frustrating thing in the world… i cant even go to ZG with my guild tonight because im instance capped still…)

4 Likes

The thing that bugs me the most is that there is to date no way to tell how many instances you have ran. The client clearly knows it in order to lock you out, but each time it does lock you out, it feels like you tripped on a rake. It doesn’t feel good.

We deserve at least this much control.

To be clear, pencil and paper/addons don’t help since under strange circumstances a single reset can count multiple times. Not even these addons know how runs until you can do another run.

3 Likes

This and the AH change on retail (Did it hit Classic too?) need extreme reversions ASAP.

1 Like

a. I never said I disliked it. I simply stated that it falls in the grey area. Their language is pretty broad, and from what I’ve seen, could apply. Mages don’t only use their talents and raw damage output… they also glitch out the mobs by ducking behind objects along walls.

b. Things that could have happened, but didn’t in Vanilla because they were not known/well known, and were since popularized on private servers are simply things that probably would have been patched out back in the day, had they been more well known. Common sense should tell ya that. The game is Blizzard’s property. In the end, they’ll decide what’s fit and what’s not.

I never said I disliked it. I simply stated that it falls in the grey area.

Fair, I misinterpreted you. Sorry!

Their language is pretty broad, and from what I’ve seen, could apply. Mages don’t only use their talents and raw damage output… they also glitch out the mobs by ducking behind objects along walls.

Their language is broad, which is why I think there’s plenty of reason to assert that whatever has remained in the game is by–and was used by players in Vanilla and on private servers–is certainly not cheating or an exploit under any reasonable interpretation. To say otherwise is ahistorical and ignores the fact that this community has been here for over a decade. You would have to do some crazy mental gymnastics to assert otherwise.

hings that could have happened, but didn’t in Vanilla because they were not known/well known, and were since popularized on private servers are simply things that probably would have been patched out back in the day, had they been more well known. Common sense should tell ya that.

Not everything is equally widespread. Farming instances occured both in Vanilla and on private servers. Widespread botting was not such a problem as it apparently is now in either of those contexts, so clearly botting is exploiting. Farming dungeons is not.

The game is Blizzard’s property. In the end, they’ll decide what’s fit and what’s not.

Only if we roll over and do what we’re told. It’s better to be assertive and tell them how the game should be. It’s our game and we should decide what’s fit and what’s not.

This is a terrible change. You do not ever compromise the players experience because of cheaters.

9 Likes

The Burning Crusader will be unplayable with a 30 dungeon cap.

Classic has 6 starting zones, TBC has 1.

Every guild is planning on zerging dungeons to 70 to escape the lagfest of Hellfire Pennisula**. We can’t do that with a cap of 30.

2 Likes

Back again to say it is 8:51pm local time and I am completely locked out of instances until 12:12pm tomorrow. This change is absolutely absurd and ruining many peoples gaming experience. Revert this terrible change, it does nothing to combat the botting issue. This is only hurting real players.

6 Likes

If yall needed an example of how dead and souless this company is then look no further than this post, 2600 posts of people lashing out and they are just ignoring you all. GG might aswell unsub while you can.

7 Likes

They ain’t gonna respond. Either it’ll get hotfixed next month or it won’t. Wouldn’t count on any replies though regarding the subject. But we’ll see a few blue posts between now and then on some post with like 2 comments about some dude running into a minor bug or something in game.

This is insane, please remove this cap. If you ARE going to do it, at least make it account wide. I don’t understand how this is supposed to help anything. Just ban the bots and leave the players to do what they want to do - even if it means spamming dungeons all day, fishing for rares, farming arena, or boosting. Who cares.

3 Likes

Manual Crowd Pummeler wasn’t part of original wow raiding back then. that was became meta thing for feral dps that couldn’t be allow to bleed in fight in private server, still sucks though

Because players didn’t understand how it worked with Feral. Players not understanding at the time isn’t a good reason to allow a change that directly hurts those who are willing to put forth the time and effort.

1 Like

i never said was good thing, that is why I said it sucks

AV 1.12
This

Does blizzard care?

Why wouldn’t you make it a weekly limit instead of daily? I only have one day a week to play, so I try to play as long as I can. I can see myself hitting that cap on some weeks, and the day I have to play for that long is right before raid day. This will absolutely screw people like me who only have one good day a week to play.

Also, how do we track our lockouts? I would hate to be locked from a raid and not know it until raid time.

5 Likes