New idea for customizable mounts

So, one of the coolest features I saw from the Blizzcon reveal was the new customizable mount that will be coming via Delves. And this got me thinking… I’m a huge M+ player and for years now I and others I’ve talked to feel like M+ gets the shaft when it comes to cool looking mounts whereas mythic raiders and PvPers get really badass mounts. However, with the existing dragonriding mount customization via the Rostrum and the new customizable mount coming in TWW, I think have an idea to at least partially address the discrepancy.

What if you could build customizable mounts by acquiring various “parts” from both PvE and PvP activities? You could have parts that specifically come from raids to customize a “raid” mount, parts that come from keys for a “M+”, and parts that come PvP for a “PvP” mount, and/or have a single mount where you can tack on all of these various parts and get generic/universal parts for either specialized or a singular mount.

I’ll use keys as my example because I think it’s easiest for me to articulate how you’d acquire said parts. You could get parts for certain M+ rating benchmarks, for getting KSM, from timing your first +10, +15, +20, +25, etc, for timing all seasonal dungeons at +20, timing a certain number of keys over X level, by beating certain timer benchmarks, randomly get them from completing a key, randomly get them from the Great Vault, and even buy certain parts with the tokens that come from the great vault.

Similarly, for PvPers, parts could come from various ranked and unranked BGs, arenas, etc. with similar types of goals as I detailed with keys.

Raids I think would be tougher to create a similar number of part acquisition requirements simply due to the nature of raids. You’d have to get creative. Beyond “kill boss at X difficult, finish the raid” etc. you could reward parts for kiling a boss in under a certain amount of time, without anyone dying or only using one battle rez, and things like that. Other rewards could come from doing similar to how the Meta achievements work for raids (which by the way would reward its own part).

I really like the idea of mounts specific to the types of content so they stand out more and it lets other players know you how much work you’ve done to get your mount looking that way.

Apart from being a cool mount customization system, this would give players a reason to keep doing content well into the end phase of a tier, as cool mounts are highly sought after. Now, you’d still need to have an overall cool looking skin to the mount, but I think for M+ players in general this would be a really cool addition to just getting a KSM mount at 2k rating and that’s it. The same goes for raiding with the AOTC mount and the far less obtainable CE mount.

PvPers have a wide variety of mounts they can obtain with saddles, Marks of Honor, etc. and it would be really cool for raid and M+ players in particular to get that kind of reward system.

Let me know what you think and feel free to make additions to this concept.

5 Likes