New hpally looks gross/bad

Yeah! That’ll teach Blizzard

1 Like

Retri pals: We hate holy power
Blizzard: Well, then we’ll give it to all specs!

4 Likes

Let’s all suffer together! :sweat_smile:

1 Like

I really hope it doesn’t ruin tanking for me. I don’t care about Holy pallies.

I really enjoyed holy power for prot. It was one of my favorite things in Cata, and it got even better in MoP. I was very disappointed when they removed it.

Since I don’t heal, I’ve no clue how it played out for holy.

Personally I like the look of the new hpal. Beats pressing only holyshock Imo.
It allows for more preparing and storing holy power for incoming damage etc.

Now not being able to play with divine tol because I have to be venthir or have to have the night fae ability will completely kill it Imo but if that fix that I’m keen to play it.

Holy Power is literally free Seraphim and heal if you already pressed your CS and Judgment right now.

The only one that will struggle with Holy Power are the one that spam ST heal or play like traditional healer.

I don’t mind having more buttons… I just don’t like Holy Power. I didn’t like it the first time Holy had it and I was thrilled when it got removed. Seeing it return is… not a good thing IMO.

The main thing I don’t like about it is that, as a healer (any class), I often have to make snap decisions regarding who gets healed and what spell I use to heal them. Holy Power isn’t consistent. Sometimes I have it and sometimes I don’t.

When it comes time that I need to use that Holy Power ability and I don’t have any Holy Power, people die and I’m frustrated. This leads me to basically not rely on, and almost never use, my Holy Power based abilities as a healer because I can’t actually guarantee them to be there when I need them to be.

Holy Power works fine for DPS or even tanking where a builder/spender style of play feels natural, but to me a healer doesn’t feel good with that kind of gameplay. I was already not super enthused about how Holy Paladins play currently but Holy Power returning is only making it worse as far as I’m concerned.

2 Likes

hpal is so one dimensional and boring without holy power

1 Like

You can’t say spaming holy light and flash of light on people is good game play with beacons that copy heals. What we have now.

Casted heals have never generated holy power iirc. It has always been Holy Shock and Crusader Strike to my knowledge.

You both remembered wrong, you can actually get Holy power casting heal into Beaconed target back then and in Shadowland.

2 Likes

Thank you for clarifying :slight_smile:

Is light of dawn the hp spender?

They’re trapped with encounter design that expects you to conserve resources and tons of classes having mana as a resource; things like holy power at least you can recover from bad budgeting early. Not so with mana. There is no room for surprise with mana, either you outgear the content and have enough or you are on the edge of catastrophe all along - or they give everyone an innervate.

There probably needs to be something, and having a class with a resource in two specs only is sort of weird (barring druid form shenanigans).

But something that isn’t basically the same as combo points/chi would be nice.

I thought HP felt ok as ret, I don’t think I’d like it as much in the other specs.

I think it looks absolute terrible now.

There’s no option between being a normal healer anymore… you’re another melee on the group that heals.

Less choice is always bad.

2 Likes

Meanwhile Feral and Guardian Druids are waiting for their dad to come back after he ran to the gas station to get some smokes.

2 Likes

Funny how subjective class changes are. I personally very much enjoy the way Holy Power and HPals look in Shadowlands, and I think it adds more flavor to the class. I am very excited to play my Pally again. Can’t please everyone I guess.

1 Like

Good if you’re happy I guess…

The issue here is that I don’t want my healer to be on melee at all unless it’s for soaking or to counter any trash mob ability that blinks on ranged targets. I play a healer for a reason not to be yet another melee on the group.

So far you’re forced to play on melee range to reduce the CD on HS most of the time, there’s no original version of holy paladin right now.

This is Blizzard’s way. Instead of bringing other healers up to the level of Holy Paladin they just make HolyP more clunky in order to drive players to other healers and more time played metrics (or boost sales) for them.