New Ghost Wolf Forms

Don’t think it’s an unpopular opinion to want new ghost wolf forms. Walking around as a blue raptor in my venthyr cov area feels really weird. Give us covenant specific ghost wolf forms! Wouldn’t be too hard to implement and would give a really nice covenant-specific class flavor to the game. I understand you get to choose a bunch of different forms as the fae, but being able to shift into a red gargon or something for ghost wolf would be amazing.

11 Likes

I support this we are getting a cheetah model update makes sense and is only fair at least to me.

2 Likes

Snake! Jade forest model. Gief loller spirit snakes!

2 Likes

Venthyr covenant is just at odds with the shaman theme that’s your real problem. Even using spirit raptor as a dwarf shaman is weird tbh. I don’t agree that shamans should be able to shapeshift into any random animals though regardless, it should still fit the class identity. A “red gargon” has literally nothing to do with shamans

2 Likes

While I definitely want more options for ghost wolf forms, the main reason I wouldn’t want covenant-specific ghost wolf forms is that we most likely won’t have anything to do with the covenants in the next expansion.

I believe the popular consensus among shaman players is to have ghost wolf forms based on the race of the shaman. Wolves for orcs, raptors for trolls, rams for dwarves, etc.

Change the base form based on race and keep it with the transparent color the default ghost wolf form has, have a glyph as an option to change the racial form into a spectral version, and finally a “Glyph of Ancestral Wolf” to change it to the old ghost wolf model for players who are fond of having the wolf and might not want the change. If the current wolf model is used for that glyph, then a new model would be needed for orcs so they don’t feel left out on that visual update for the class.

I don’t think that this is too much to ask for considering the variety available to all the different druid forms and the 53 different options available to Night Fae.

3 Likes

Bears lad.
Unless ye be thinkin’ that just because Orcs ride Wolves, Trolls Raptors, that Dwarves should do the same with Rams. Guess ye be thinkin’ Tauren should be Kodo too then Aye? Thing is, If ye follow ya Lore back ye’ll see that Orcs partner with Wolves. Thus why they find kindred spirits with ‘em. Same wit’ Trolls and Raptors.

If ye want ta find a suitable Ghost travel form for Dwarf Shaman ye have ta look deeper than what living pelt sits under their butts. Ye can Look towards us Wildhammer.

1 Like

Bears for Dwarves work as well. They are the default pet for dwarf hunters.

I’d love to suggest that Highmountain Tauren would get eagles (default animal for their hunters) but then that brings up the question of why can’t they fly in that ghost wolf/animal form.

But yeah, doesn’t really matter too much what animal, as long as there is some love for Shaman flavor.

Side note, I appreciate the commitment to RP in the forums. lol

2 Likes

Aye, it is why I did not suggest Gryphons. Flighted animals though prevalent in the lore leave a bit to be desired. It was the Wildhammer that brought the majestic beasts to the Alliance after the War of 3 hammers exiled them from our home atop Ironforge Mountain.

Bears fit not because they are the defailt bet for Dwarves in-game, but rather because like dwarves they are strong and hearty. A bear can also move quite quickly and for extended periods of time, not unlike Wolves. Reason I mention Wildhammer is due to most of my Dwarves aligning as such. While the in-game race is Bronzebeard, I play very few in RP.

It is also the Wildhammer whom brought Shamanism to the Dwarves. Contrary to what a Dark Iron Rival of mine (Not sure if he’s still on the forums these days) wishes to believe. They were the first sect to practice the art. As such, it would make more sense to look to their culture as opposed to the Bronzebeard’s for possible options.

You’ve sold me on it. Bears for every dwarf!

2 Likes

Very good points. However, Dark Iron Dwarves would not lore wise fit with their Wildhammer Griffin riding brothers. Though seeing spirit Core Hounds could be interesting.

Indeed Lad,
Though admittedly I nae know much about Dark Iron Lore, so nae sure if Corehounds would fit as easily as Wolves for Orcs, 'r Raptors for Trolls.

1 Like

Bumping in support!

Just going to echo what I said in another Ghost Wolf form post…

+1, I love my Gryphon soul shape, makes me feel very “Wildhammer”, I’d love a glyph for my Ghost Wolf to be a Gryphon.

Alternatively perhaps a glyph to change the Ghost Wolf depending on spec, Ele - Fire Wolf, Enhance - Storm Wolf and Resto - Water Wolf, would look and feel amazing… Fire Wolf with embers of flames falling off, Storm Wolf crackling with lightning and wind and Water Wolf dripping water… be amazing.

4 Likes

Honestly, while I love the idea of a glyph to turn us into an elemental ghost wolf, I want some variety outside of wolves. Would love for my Vulpera to be able to turn into a hyena or alpaca (they are already foxes, I don’t want to be a fox that walks on all fours).

That and I would much rather have the elements better represented in the Ascendance forms.

3 Likes

Don’t get me wrong, I’d kill for a Gryphon “Spirit form” instead of a wolf, really would help the whole idea of being a Wildhammer Shaman, so I’m all for more animals as glyphs.

But then everytime I think of this the quiet voice in the back of my head keeps saying…”This is Blizzard we talking about.”… so that’s why as a minimal compromise I was thinking Elemental Ghost Wolf forms for each spec, as it be the easy way…which we all know is right up Blizzards alley…

I’d actually love Ascendence Glyphs aswell, but actually take some form of the Elemental Lords, As you become disciples of each lord, Ele - Disciple of Smolderon, Enhance - Disciple of Thunderaan and Resto - Disciple of Neptulon… like you look like some form of the Lords, as if they are lending you their power for the duration of the spell. It would be a visual masterpiece.

1 Like

I would love a frog form.

1 Like

I don’t think it is just Vulpera, but once I get them unlocked you can bet I’d roll one as a shaman. What would a Goblin Wolf form look like? Hyena could be interesting for Vulpera.

It’s been some time since I’ve played this shaman in-game, so not sure what the Ascendant form looks like now. I know there was certain forms based on what spec you were in, and I believe there was a glyph that allowed you to keep your physical form with I think an aura of some kind.

Not sure if this is still the case however.

You want a frog form, accidently Hex yourself. There you go.

1 Like

How about just an ethereal spirit form, you know, like your ghost in the Shadowlands. Gotta get those witch docta vibes

3 Likes

Maybe instead of new animal variants they can just give us more themes like Lava Wolf or Ice Wolf or whatever. Even Mage’s Water elemental has more variants than Ghost Wolf.

2 Likes

Yeah, I would say hyena or alpaca for Vulpera’s racial form. For Goblin, I’d say maybe crab or scorpion.

Ascendance uses the same form that it has since Cataclysm. But you are correct, there used to be a glyph for it that had color based on spec and looked similar to the druid glyph of stars which makes their moonkin form into an astral form of their character model. From what I understand, this was removed when Ascendance was made a talent since there is some issue with glyphs and talents. But don’t quote me on that cause I’m not 100% if that is the reason.