New Fresh Start Realms with Wrath Classic

so you would like these type of players forever on your fresh server instead of transferring off? lol ok

I would just like to add my voice to the discussion regarding

• Bots and cracking down on them

• Boosting a full group via dungeons

• GDKP raids

All of these incentivize RMT and will destroy any semblance of “freshness.”

I appreciate the communication being given, and just ask that the next update includes any of the aforementioned topics.

Thank you!

4 Likes

Blizzard needs to stop ignoring us when we talk about these issues. I hope they muster up the nerve to give us an idea of how they intend to combat these problems. Say something blizz.

Why would you guys ever allow someone to transfer from an existing server to a fresh one. Why not just allow people from fresh servers to transfer to already existing servers after a minimum of 90 days. Like if the experiment with fresh fails after 90 days or 180 days then let people salvage their work by transferring to existing realms if the fresh servers are dead (Which I doubt). This should be a free transfer of course, the fact that you charge people 25 dollars per character to transfer off of a dead server is why people quit playing in the first place.

Solution: Don’t allow any transferring between Fresh WOTLK servers and servers that already exist. Monitor the fresh servers with GMs to prevent botting/boosting and gold selling. Let this fresh environment run as a test experiment for future fresh servers.
Icing on the cake
-begin a fresh classic server very soon for people to play now so they aren’t floating in limbo potentially looking for other games. Release TBC on this classic era server after a month, and then Classic WOTLK prepatch whenever its ready.

1 Like

This should not be a thing. Do not let people transfer to fresh realms. PLEASE. Aside from that amazing idea and cannot wait to play!

11 Likes

Agreed 100%

Says the female undead? After you.

End = end, in case you havent actually played wrath…

Oh my god yes, classic to tbc to wrath, in a super short time frame would be amazing. But go one step further, wrath talents right off the rip :smiley:

Starting on the wrath client, would let people on the fresh servers level up, play with the new talents/builds, but limit them to level 60 for a month or two, then limit to level 70 for a month or two. This would allow us to be on par for world first pushes, but without access to unobtainable’s from wrath. IE: Amani War Bear, or Scarab Lord.

It would give people something to play while waiting for wrath, so they don’t mill around and fall off the bandwagon and over to a different game, and think about the new dynamics you would have for the different specs, as all of them would completely change from what was viable in Classic and in TBC.

AND you wouldn’t even have to worry about downtime from server upgrades, because it would just be flipping the switch to turn XP on beyond level 60/70 at the appropriate times.

Can the tbc characters be used in Wrath Classic or is everyone going to start from level 1?
Los personajes de tbc se podran usar en Wrath Classic o Todo el mundo va a empezar desde nivel 1 ?

will beta test characters be able to join the fresh servers or will they need to progress as if moving from tbc?

Your current TBC characters will be able to play in WOTLK. This announcement is for fresh server(s) for those who want that experience.

2 Likes

Not sure if this was mentioned previously but will there be an opportunity to “fresh start” by carrying over your original character? I think a lot of us have some collectibles (vanity items and progression trophies) we would like to keep. Classic PVP titles, legendaries, scarab event items, mounts that will eventually disappear.

I wouldn’t mind being able to carry this guy over and keep my old tiers, legendary, and pvp title as mementos and just start over in every other aspect. I think there can be controls implemented to preserve these feats of strength.

The only way mentioned to carry you character over is to wait till blizzard decides its a good time to add transfers to fresh start… that is at least 90 days minimum after wrath launches. From what I read.

Be good to know tho if you can transfer OFF the fresh start server to an existing one currently running AFTER WotLK official launch? most likely if this will happen ill have 2 char I would like to move out of fresh at this time. till a fresh SoM WotLK opens of course.

Amazing idea with the fresh start realms.

Too bad they’ll find a way to ruin it, you can absolutely bet on that.

Look at the second Blizzard Response in this thread, they’re telling you to your faces that they’re going to ruin it.

What purpose does it serve to ever let transfers and boosts be available to these servers? Money.

These guys aren’t in the business of fun. Any decision they make will not be for the health of a server, the population, or the player base. It’ll be for money.

2 Likes

Did you see their last released financials? They HAVE to focus on money. They just don’t realize that the secret to long term revenue in their products is effective management, active server GMs, and a reduction in the overall toxicity plaguing their game.

3 Likes

The second response where he says they’ll closely monitor the situation and possibly extend the transfers weeks, months, maybe years?

There was another Blue post in the community council forum echoing the same sentiment, and extending it to boosts and dk restrictions as well.

There’s every reason in the world to be justifiably skeptical…but they’re kinda saying the right things. But as we know words aren’t what count. Can some suit call them into a meeting and tell them, ‘You WILL unlock tranfers now’…I don’t know the inner workings at Blizzard. Do you? I wouldn’t be surprised.

But as a player all I can do is my best to ensure that doesn’t happen. Which means trying to create a healthy environment of happy gamers that continues to grow and Blizz doesn’t feel the need to blow it up by adding that crap. Perhaps a futile endeavor, but it happens to coincide with what I want from the game anyway. And if the day comes they open up transfers or boosts and ruin the servers…it’s not a complicated process to unsub.

1 Like

In my opinion this is a good thing, there are some players out there that like starting fresh. But also in my opinion I’d say keep transfers restricten from this realm indefinitely. At no point should there be allowed transfers here. You wanna play here then make a new character IMO.

6 Likes

Please don’t. You’ll get a load of people who will roll there because they are bored. They’ll then leave for their mains when available. It’ll just create instability from the onset.
The xpac is only a few months away, chill.

Fresh start means starting at zero. So no, you’ll need to earn all of that again. Fortunately you can advance your current Classic character and retain all of that on the current progressive servers.
Best of luck in Wrath, whatever you decide. :slightly_smiling_face: