New Forum Guidelines - Level 3 Trust

Sure. Gimme a few… it’s buried deep in “XP from Dungeons” so I have to dig it up again. Btw, I see what you mean about posts by others not being clickable (you had to highlight and open in new window). But… at least you could post the link itself, unlike here.

You don’t have to actually read 20k posts, you only need to display 20k posts. Blizz has no way of knowing if you actually read a post that is displayed on your monitor. That’s why the number is so high. Click on a thread with 500 replies and scroll to the bottom and bam, there’s 500 posts “read”.

3 Likes

If you want to quote the whole post, you just hit reply. Once yours is posted, the Reply to thing will show the entire post. I just want it shown while I’m typing a reply cuz I forget all what I read so I have to do a lot of “Oh one more thing” edits like detective columbo.

? Run that by me again, Vixie?

I assume it will be impossible for me to get trust 3 considering I have been perma banned 6 times in the past. What a long and fruitful forum career. Guess I will have to settle for 2.

Also where does it show your current trust level anyway?

The current way is not very user friendly. Click on your View Activity page and replace “/activity” with “.json”. So yours would look like:
https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/u/Toskosa-darkspear.json

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/u/Toskosa-darkspear.json

Then look for “trust_level”. The highest number is your level. If your trust level is 1, you’ll see both “trust_level_0” and “trust_level_1”

1 Like

Ah thanks a lot for that, I am pretty interested in the new forums system. hopefully they make it easier to check alter on.

In searching the thread, I found an earlier post of mine with a reddit link:

I can click on my own link, but I cannot “click” on others’ links… I have to highlight and open in new tab. But at least I could post the link :slight_smile:

PS Just in case the above link takes you to the beginning of the thread, the page I’m referencing is 169. (Won’t be able to do that in these new forums :frowning: )

And I still don’t understand why you can post YouTubes, (external links) but not a hyperlink!!!

Uhh. If you highlight and click the "Quote thing, this is what you get. You can see everything by hitting the down arrow in the quoted part (after you post)

If you hit the Reply icon the far right, you get a blank reply window.

Once you post, the Reply icon with the poster’s picture (top right in your post) will show the entire post you replied to. It’s just not there while you’re composing your reply so you have to adjust your window to see that post on your screen. It’s minor but tough for an old forum dog’s new trick learning.

ps. that link you’re referring to is on the Blizzard forums somewhere. That’s why you can post it as a hyperlink. Others are going outside probably.

If you click “reply” you can click the “talk bubble” icon on the upper left of the reply text box to quote the post to which you are replying. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Ohh…cool.

Learn something new erryday!

Youtube is a trusted site. You can hyperlink trusted sites at Level 1. You can’t hyperlink other sites until level 3. There’s a few other trusted sites like Blizz sites and Wowhead.

AHA! I guess this is because you formerly had to quote the posted link text on the old forums, while here, your post is formatted as a hyperlink. Ok, makes “sort” of sense now. Thanks!

That’s how the link to the article acts for me as well. I can’t click what you pasted.

That! :smiley:

Thanks, Leviathan (sorry don’t know what your asciis are). And, yes, the “trusted site” explanation seems to explain why we can’t post a hyperlink. But why can’t we type in a link that appears as text to others, as it did on the old forums? I mean, couldn’t you elect to post it NOT as a link?

It’s a head-scratcher…

You can if you surround it with apostrophes (or highlight and click the </> button):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SRr-vNfMViA

Thank you !!!

I suppose it’d be nice to be able to embed pictures from wow_zaming_com\uploads\screenshots - but I’m ignorant of what kind of moderation they have on their uploaded images.

Just use your best judgement and consider things such as:

• Profanity filter - Don’t use pictures to bypass the profanity filter so make sure it doesn’t have words that would otherwise be filtered if you typed them.
  • Things that are or are not appropriate for kids and/or work places.

If you think it is in a gray area, then better safe than sorry and not embed it. Otherwise, see what other people post to get a feel for what is acceptable or not. (When people reach level 3)

1 Like

We should also be able to link images from the actual wow site, like icons. = p