New Forum Guide - Syntax and Features

There needs to be a way to request a sticky on this thread. At least on the old forums we could select report, and hit other and put in the request. Same thing with threads that belong in another forum such as cs or classic, or whatever.

3 Likes

Thanks for the reply mate. Thereā€™s definitely no way I hit 100 reply limit. If its 100 character limit Iā€™d say yes but, for replies I only did 4 I think. Granted, I did a tonne of editting to bring my post up to the new formatting if that counts for anything

I meant that I think itā€™s a legitimate problem, probably to dissuade spam (the 4 limit per thread with no other replies), but that maybe switching characters and posting on of them will reset it, in the same way it resets the 100 total reply limit per day?

1 Like

Ah Iā€™ll give that a shot, thanks mate. I asked someone in the community to give it a bump so Iā€™ll see what happens tomorrow. I can understand them wanting to stop people people spamming, makes sense but, sensible players and recruitmentā€™s are going to be hit a tad hard.

Thanks again :grinning:

So when are you launching additional likes for money blizzard? Nice to see you trying to suppress people giving criticism about your product with this absurd new forum design. So glad my game time runs out soon.

1 Like

Thank you for sharing a really well put together guide for the community. This answered a lot of my questions and many people I know had as well.

I wonder what you think will happen when people can embed gifs and memes.

All this extra stuff is going to take away from actual discussion just as much as a dislike.

Also, I would love to know how to clear my links and how those threads that are linked even came up

2 Likes

I am confused what you mean by links.

1 Like

If you look at your summary page - there are links listed for some posters. I have links showing for threads that were over 3 months old. I have no idea why they are there because I never bookmarked those.

If you look at Kelsuwa as an example, he has two RP links listed in his summary.

And he just created another one by linking a EU forum post - doesnā€™t explain why just normal posts are showing up thought.

Imagine if everyone on that community forum, continually bumped up their threads though like some people are doing. I am pretty sure it is more fair to everyone if people just used the search feature in that case to find communities they are interested in rather than people bumping up their threads to gain more exposure at the expense of other threads.

If by ā€œlinksā€ you mean the forum threads linked under Activity right ?

Well I canā€™t check your profile as you have the privacy option turned on.

But I had a look on mine. I can see threads that were started months even years ago. I did a spot test and all of the older threads I opened either had a post in the last 2 weeks posted to it or had a change done to it in the last 2 weeks.

So when they exported all posts from 2 weeks before the forum change as a consequence they brought over all posts that had replies within 2 weeks of the forum change over date

Mine fit that same criteria but there were a lot more threads like that that arenā€™t showing up because I know some people were bumping up old threads just so they would appear on this new forum.

I guess there is no way to clear them then.

Thanks anyway.

Actually one thread was a necro 18 days ago so it actually shouldnā€™t have migrated over here either.

Omg, I miss having pages - just went through the exercise of determining the oldest threads that migrated over and mostly anything in the last 19 days, however, there were a handful of threads from way way back (2011) that did for some reason as well.

So, how do I find out what trust level I am in? :thinking:

Thereā€™s no way to check, though with attendance requirements, no one will be TL2 for another 13 days and no one will be TL3 until at least January 4th.

2 Likes

This is the dumbest set of drivel Iā€™ve ever seen. Trust Levels? Seriously? What next baby monitors added to the game to control our gametime played so it auto shuts off once that time is up? Disgusting. And people applaud this kind of censorship because they cant handle the least bit of flack or any kind of rational debate against their worldview. Welp Iā€™m out.

5 Likes

Nothing has been censored at all. Thereā€™s new stuff but you have to unlock the new stuff. You play WoW, you should be extremely familiar with this concept.

Some additional things.

" + " when at the start of a line and followed by a space also functions as bullet point in addition to " * ".

+ Bullet

• Bullet

ā€œ=ā€ when placed on the next line following a text does header1. (And only header1?)

Header1
=

Header1

1 Like

Hi so in regards to being able to do this on an older post that was carried over to the new forums, how do I do this manually adding in the code? Iā€™ve tried many different way and even tried quoting this post to see the code layout but, I cannot get it to work properly on my community recruitment page. Iā€™m also unable to make a simple hyperlink.

Please help!

I discovered a ā€œBreakā€ code that might be useful for people that acts like hitting the Enter key, as many times as you need.

<br> </br>

I figured it out at least for a hyperlink anyway. For anyone with a forum post that got transferred over to the new forums and find a lot of these syntax/codes are not working simply type:

<a href="ENTER URL HERE">ENTER URL TEXT</a>

So for a World of Warcraft link with say the name WoW you would enter

<a href="https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/&quot;&gt;WoW&lt;/a&gt;

It would then look like:

WoW

I hope this helps out a lot of people with transferred posts :grin: