New Forum Guide - Syntax and Features

What does that got to do with anything?

If every green represented Alliance and every example was Alliance-specific, wouldn’t you be curious why?
It’s not that hard of a question

Not in the slightest. I go by what they say, not the color of their text or their faction

Wow, so there’s absolutely no way to look at the old forums? You just completely purged them?

1 Like

They stay up, I actually went and checked my old post and found the ones I posted gifs, memes and so on.

Wow, looks like they did remove the old forums. They must have done this fairly recently, by automatically redirecting any https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/ link with https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/. This makes me mad, I had a lot of old gems saved in my bookmarks of stories and guides.

2 Likes

Thank you very much! :heartpulse: :dove:

This really helps thanks

Thanks for the guide, it’s appreciated.

I do with that the old forums were not removed, there was a lot of really good information there. I understand the “leveling” system, but I wish our old standings on the previous boards were put into consideration for these ones. Oh well though, back to posting and engaging the community!

Has something changed with this recently? I still have TL2 but I’m not able to embed YouTube videos anymore, when I try to I get an error saying I can’t link images even though I’m not trying to link an image at all. Never had this problem before.

2 Likes

This isn’t that kind of a thread. You can move to delete your own posts, however.

1 Like

I did not even know this was here! Such an amazing guide, holy cow!

So it was working perfectly? I still don’t understand why it was removed.

2 Likes

So I got TL3 back in mid July and it just disappeared today. No suspensions or warnings on the forum or in game, come to be forums EVERY day, replied tons, viewed tons, read already 27K past what I had read in July, got and given likes, no flags that I was notified of
 so where did it go? Can anyone respond please?

I would like to get it back since I have met all of the requirements, but if not, I can change forum characters, going more anon and can spend time on other stuff rather than surfing the forums to sustain TL3 which seems to be iffy at most. /shrug /sigh

What if you NEVER have had a forum action and still lose TL3 while keeping all stats according to the requirements for TL3?

It could be that some of what you read didn’t count. I believe that posts/threads that are deleted don’t count for the trust level requirements. For example, if you read a thread that has 500 posts that later gets deleted, those 500 don’t count anymore.

However, my account changed to TL3 on July 4th ish. That means it wouldn’t even cycle again until the 100 days later which would be approx 10/13. Believe me, I checked every day to see if I had the Lounge. So it was mid-stream that it was rolled back to TL2 with no actions, warnings, messages, nothing. And I spend a lot of time here, like surfing even when in game taking the taxi and such. I had 143k read on July 4 and it’s now 170k.

I’m just wanting to know why. There was no explanation, nothing, just demoted mid-stream.

I believe it’s calculated from a running total. Instead of it only getting updated every 100 days, it’s updated at least daily based off of the previous 100 day mark. That’s why people were able to get TL3 50 days after they introduced the new forums. If it only went in 100 day cycles, we wouldn’t have gotten it until it had been around for 100 days.

Well, regardless, I’m done trying to keep up. I’m switching to another character that can be a little more anon and I can surf other sites if I want to do something.

I wonder if anyone is still watching this thread, especially MVPs, as it was headed with Forum rules by an MVP. I tried to post an illustrative picture in another thread but was not allowed, THEN I got shut out of the thread because the system kept saying someone else had to post when I was NOT the last post (grrrrr, it assumed it was my post that they refused to actually post was the last post). Anyway, I researched it and saw that I SHOULD be able (I more than qualify for TL2, but am listed as “member”)
 so I submitted a ticket only to be blown off because how TL does or doesn’t work are “not public.”