New Forum Guide - Syntax and Features

This is genius… someone get this guy a job posting cat memes and advice.

2 Likes

Interesting. I was not aware of that. I wonder what happens to posts you made at TL3 with links/images and you drop to TL2?

I’d imagine they don’t disable them if they’re already up, but you just can’t post anymore.

Regardless, this is a pretty awful way to run the system, and not being transparent about it is really not a good thing either.

1 Like

If you scroll up to post number 348 or posted on Feburary 6th, you will still see the link and picture are still showing.

TLDR trolling spam videos and pics can carry nasty bugs[quote=“Siyanati-dalaran, post:20, topic:19903, full:true”]

On any forum, click on the “Latest” tab. The new tab shows posts that you as a user have not read yet (and is kinda pointless considering the high post frequency of the forums).
[/quote]

am i in the cool kid’s table now?

1 Like

You lose this if you do not keep coming back and visiting. You will get knocked back down to 2 if you do not visit 50% of the last 100 days. That is what happened too my happened to my husband. fyi

3 Likes

Olivia Pope is always in the cool kids club, so… naturally, yes.

2 Likes

Ridiculous requirement… almost like a part-time job.

2 Likes

I agree it’s a bit of a silly requirement, but “almost like a part-time job” is a bit of a reach.

You only need to open the forums, you don’t even have to look at anything in them, just come to the website and click on “Forums”. It takes about 3 seconds and can be done from nearly anywhere… Tablet, PC, Phone, and even some refrigerators!

Stupid, yes. But it’s takes little time. Ridiculous annoyance? Absolutely! “Part time job”? Not even close.

Not true. There are many requirements you have to do every 100 days. One is to read 200 posts per day, every day.

2 Likes

That’s not true. There is no requirement to read 200 posts per day.

There is a requirement to read 20k posts in the last 100 days, but you can do that any way you like. You can read 20k in a day. You can read 5k 4 days. You can read 200 each day. You can read 1k 20 days…whatever you want.

You also don’t actually have to “read” them. You just have to scroll slow enough for the little blue “unread” dot to go away.

Still not anywhere close to a part time job.

1 Like

You also have to read a certain amount of topics, give likes, etc.

Certainly not “Just open the forums and not do anything” as you said earlier.

Also…20,000 posts is not a small number. You also cannot re-read the big posts again.

For the requirement that was stated in the post I originally responded to, yes… All you need to do to meet it is open the forums.

Didn’t say it was a small number anywhere. I said it’s not required that you read 200 posts daily. You can read them any way you want.

Any post (original, reply, whatever) that has a little blue dot by the “time stamp” in the upper right corner is considered “unread”. Any post counts toward the 20k. If you open a thread with 4k posts (OP and all replies), every one of the 4k counts if you scroll slow enough to the end. You can absolutely open that same thread later and read any new posts in it and they will also count toward the 20k.

Those requirements are also for L3 only. L2 gives all the permissions posters should have, which is the ability to link “trusted sites”.

Frankly, L3 just adds a way for players to add goofy things to posts and troll, which is something that is bad enough without it, and a feature I’ve never seen anyone use (including myself)…the “create Wiki” thing.

I have to wonder about anyone who just has to have L3 or they freak out, to be honest. It’s not needed and shouldn’t even be a thing in my opinion.

I am L3 and have yet to post any .gifs or create any Wiki’s (I don’t want people adding to or changing my posts…it’s irritating enough for the mods to do it and generally doesn’t make any sense when they do). Anything game related I can post at L2 and that’s all any of us really need.

You be bothered by nothing all you like, though. Whatever makes you happy.

Which is kinda steep to have to maintain.
That ain’t normal use of the forums for many people.

They don’t average 6k read per month.

1 Like

I have no idea why I’m not trust level 3 at this point. According to the OP, I seem to meet all the criteria, but I’m still stuck at level 2. Is there any way to see if I’ve had my posts flagged?

1 Like

Yes?

Summary

Ayyyyyyyyyy

Having to maintain “reading” 20,000 more posts and 500 more topics every 100 days per character and forcing most people to fudge the numbers is rubbish. What makes it worse is that we are not even given the tools to properly track what requirements we have met and what we are missing; there is a lot of confusion surrounding the criteria itself as well. Keeping track of how much we read and ensuring that they were within the last 100 days is impossible. I cannot fathom who designed this system. Furthermore, Blizzard has limited access to “their” site, being unable to answer tickets definitively about Trust Levels, and is at the mercy of the developers of Discourse when it comes to implementing features. What a way to instill trust in the customer.

It is hard to “read” posts in daily increments or some such so I just gorge on GD megathreads. Unfortunately, I am running out of them and cannot remember which ones I used before, so I must click through each one to see if posts have blue unread dots on them. This is horribly time-consuming and not fun.

8 Likes

The trust levels only matters if you want to post gifs and links with previews from non-trusted sites like wowhead.

It’s a precaution (not foolproof i fully admit) against someone being a jerk and posting something bad that pops up in other’s view.

3 Likes

Seems once the player gets to TL3, the requirements should be loosened, like just require the days visited, but not have to do the 20K posts every time. I’m disappointed that there is no way to know what this 100 days requires per toon. My DH lost her TL3 due to not reading enough. I spam read some and she is at 43K right now, but still only TL2, so I guess it’s not enough. I give up. I’ll just keep one on TL3 and not worry about any others.

I just wish it was per account and not per character. That’s something they need to fix.

4 Likes