New Forum Guide - Syntax and Features

I would like to see an official list. Also would like to see WoWHead, Icy-Veins, etc. also added.

Hmā€¦ as a test:

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/warcraft3/

icy-veins.com

reddit.com

mmo-champion.com

http://www.warcraftpets.com/

Lets see which ones work for links

Edit: I think that works pretty well for a listā€¦

1 Like

Very well written, thanks for sharing this with us. Overall Iā€™m very satisfied with the updates. This will make it so posts can be richer and have more to them. Iā€™m looking forward to having these new capabilities when posting to the forums.

1 Like

It is crazy how I need trust level 3 to link a icyveins page. Earlier today I was trying to give some info to a player asking for stat priorities, but the forums blocked my post saying I cannot post external links yet.

I understand the concurrent system has its benefits, but I donā€™t feel the way you are doing it is correct or practical.

1 Like

Thank you for this!

Question - do we need level 3 to be able to post links for our guild websites? This seems a bit muchā€¦

Soā€¦I canā€™t even post a link to my guildā€™s website for people to put an application in, under this new system, can I? At least not until I get Trust Level 3?

You can post a link, just not an ā€˜activeā€™ link. Use the code block to post the link, then its just copy/paste to go to it.

People seem to missunderstand this point often.

The hyperlinking ( new feature) only happens for trusted links.
You can still, just like before, post any link you want between a pair of " ` ".
E.g.

https://www.mmo-champion.com/content/

Iā€™ve been trying to figure out how @mentions work without any luck. Seems like a pretty big oversight for this to not be working properly.

Does anyone know if there is a way to see if people are talking to themselves here? Itā€™s really not that big a deal but it kind of cuts down on trollling.

I have one question on this trust level three. Recently I was 'silenced" on the new forums because of what they said was spam. The moderators decided to delete my post and silence me instead of moving my topic to the correct forum.

So it is what it is at this point, the silence was for about 14 hours. But my question is this. If you look at what I quoted above and here on this line:

The above information does not say anything about a 'silence" forum penalty, but it does say ā€œreceived more than 5 spam or offensive flagsā€. So I guess my Spam silence counts as 1?

Do these penalties ever get reset? Say 6 months or one year and drop off? What if someone gets a three-day vacation for harassment, then that is considered a suspension and they lose their Tier 3 level right then and there, when does that reset or once you lose the trust level it can never be earned back again?

I think we should have a right to know how these penalties reset or if they even do reset. I tried to send in a GM ticket and they closed it without answering my question.

Great post. Iā€™m still trying to figure out an easy way to get to peopleā€™s armory pages. It used to be so easy.

3 Likes

Oh, cool, I love web pages that donā€™t fully load when you visit them.

This has probably been answered but does trust levels go across all characters or just the 1

At this time, Trust level is per character.

So, Iā€™ve run into a pretty big problem with one of my threads. I host a megathread for an Allied Race, however I can no longer edit the main post without specifically coding it. The asterisks donā€™t work for bolding or italics, I have to use the specific code language. I need to use <br> in the carrots (whatever you call them) to separate each line or enter.

I can simply hit enter, in other words, anymore, when I want to start a new line, which is frustrating. I managed to fix it by coding it correctly, but now I would like a youtube link to show. What is the specific code I can set up for that? Or is there any way to fix my post and make it work normally, like a reply does, without having to code the entire thing?

It shows properly in the preview, but when I actually submit itā€¦ yikes.

If you just want to post a YouTube link, this should work.

<a href="insertlinkhere">Text you want to show</a>

Example:
<a href="https://youtu.be/5ajJzpO9fYY">Alleria's Transformation</a>

Alleriaā€™s Transformation

1 Like

I guess there is no option to report peopleā€™s inappropriate names from the forums anymoreā€¦

Update: I keep finding cleverly hidden ā€œfeatures.ā€ A Like given on a post cannot be Unliked after a certain amount of time, perhaps a few hours.

Do we have anymore info on this portion yet. Is this in a set time frame, is it forever is it in the past 100 days like the above things are ? If this was already posted im sorry for asking again I havent seen it but if someone can link me to a post that would be awesome.