New Forum Guide - Syntax and Features

Thank you and nice tp meet you.

Seriously, this is so bad :frowning:
I did a great post for Timewalking BiS Gearing once here in the forums.
And now i spent DAYS doing a complete guide for Shadowlands. And i can’t even post it because of the several links to wowhead.

1 Like

Forgive me if this has already been asked, but is there a way to hide or ignore certain topics/threads? This would be so they do not show up on my viewing list, and therefore i do not have to sift through them to find topics i want to read. If this isn’t a feature, it should be.

Thank you!

I believe the only way that you can do this is to go into the threads in question, click on the icon of the original poster and “View Activity”, then click the bar that says “Normal” and change it to “Ignored”. That will hide all topics, replies, and notifications towards you from that person.

1 Like

Thank you for all this info

Embedded YouTube playlists seem to have recently broken, a gray screen that says “Video Unavailable” when clicked on. I found a workaround:

Summary
1 Like

I just came back to the game after a break and found the forums over-hauled. Thank you so much for this in-depth breakdown.

let me put pic on WOW forms i get a cat we

What does this mean exactly?

It means that you are able to Like or “heart” more people’s posts at level 2 than at level 1 and 0.

2 Likes

We do not need your game . As a company blizzard needs to work alot better on content with A better reward system.

This is ridiculous. I havent been able to post any threads so I submitted a ticket and they sent me a link to this crap- how to style my text?

My trust level is “member” but I do not see mention of this in the OP or information about what level it is, or how to move up from it. Anyone know?

You’re Trust Level 2.

You can check by adding .json to the end of your character’s URL.
https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/u/Aerisala-illidan.json
From there, scroll to the bottom and look for the highest trust level it lists and that’s where you’re at.

2 Likes

So does this mean once a person has been “suspended” as in a 24 silence for example they can never be level 3 again? Or does it start that user from day 1 at level 2? How does this work exactly? Seems confusing and un-necessary.

2 Likes

how come i aint get tl5 yet i aint every been suspented i do alot goodjob on WOW form i love the game

1 Like

My dreams are dashed. I got a silence so yeah…oh well. C’est la vie

1 Like

Glad I found this thread. I was never huge into the forums until more recently and couldn’t really understand why I couldn’t make pretty recruitment threads like everyone else. Thank you for this breakdown.

1 Like

The post here is very informative. Thanks for putting the time into all the detail. I think it clears up many of the misunderstandings of the system.

The fact that this isn’t readily available on the main page, and that player trust level is hidden, even to player’s own, makes the entire system opaque. That doesn’t garner trust with the player base. It lends to the notion that players who prop up the company are hand-picked, lauded with green highlights, and given special permissions.

A company that really wanted to improve itself would let criticism flow unhindered. It would respond in a timely and direct manner to all suggestions. I think this company is just engaging in damage control in their PR and content quality, control messaging to insulate future projects, and limit non-flattering discussion altogether.

Using https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/u/CharacterName-Realm.json seems to no longer work for checking your Trust Level. Now there truly is no way to see what it is. Great going, Blizz. :confused: