New Forum Guide - Syntax and Features

I don’t like this. Why aren’t there pages anymore?

1 Like

These are really cool and interesting changes. I think removing the dislike button was a great idea. I also love how everything is formatted when I make a new post. Much more user friendly and accessible.

Place is a nightmare on mobile, though.

1 Like

hmm so if I have rank 3 I should be able to do this?

YouTube links are broken right now. Everyone can post them.

No one will be able to reach TL3 until January 4th, as there’s a 50 day minimum attendance requirement.

1 Like

You can “Create links and video embeds to trusted websites like Blizzard websites, YouTube, or Twitch” at Trust Level 1.

Question: Did you have to level that hunter to 12 or did Blizz give it to you?

1 Like

Trust level question, and I’m sorry if it’s been explained already… is trust level account or character based?

Currently it is character based - each character needs to earn trust.

However, I suspect that will change because I doubt they will let one character get trust lvl 3 and not another if the account gets a suspension.

1 Like

Pages were a waste of time. Reach bottom, click next, WAIT, repeat. Now, we can just read.

1 Like

Until your browser crashes. Then you have to scroll down and try to find where you were because the forum doesn’t always keep track after a crash.

2 Likes

Suggestion:

The forums are somewhat harmed by the refusal to post all links that aren’t a Blizzard trusted site. Before we could link and have it be copy paste, not sure if we can now.

I wanted to propose some additional exceptions that would benefit some portions of players.

• Paste sites like pastebin. No images, no risk of lewds. If content linked is adult then someone will flag it and get a ban
  • Purdue Online Writing Lab benefits writers and roleplayers.
  • Hemmingway app helps writers and roleplayers (and anyone really) wanting to make their writing easier to read.
  • Non-image references like a dictionary and thesaurus.
  • Git repositories where add-on devs might dump code
  • Sites like Udacity where folks can learn them a book.

You know, basic stuff.

3 Likes

You still can, just put them between code tags `

example.com

4 Likes

Okay, that helps some.

Took some getting used to. But instead of keeping track of the last page # I read up to. I just keep track of post number. 20, 40, 60 ect.

“#” allows you to search through posts by number or date pretty easily.
You can also just use that bar on the side.

2 Likes

I’m not a veteran of this type of forum, but wanted to say “thank you” for the information. My character icon - and the gear and banner - are at the top right of the page and - then the drop-down menu - on my pc. Not sure if it’s a bug or what, but wanted to mention it if anyone else is looking at the top left and not finding what you need.

I much prefer pages. This new forum isn’t really designed to be user friendly in the least.

1 Like

I find it much more user friendly. I like infinite scrolling ans real-time updating.

2 Likes

what do you find user friendly about it - posting links is more involved, it breaks up chains of conversations so the conversations are confusing - what features do you find easier, well other than you like the scrolling business instead of pages.

1 Like

I am curious as to what type of links you mean? There are the links to posts and the links to websites. If you are talking about links to websites, that hasn’t changed, in fact, its actually easier now as it is automatically converted to a link. Links to posts, can be created as well as it seems the time/date stamp will give you a link.

Also, how does a link break things up? you can actually book mark a thread and/or watch it so that you can keep up with it under the New heading on the main page.

My likes for this forum so far: The bookmark and watching features, the way the forum categories are and the way it autoupdates when something new is posted.