New Forum Guide - Syntax and Features

Everyone’s prior bans and suspensions are not counted, at least before the new forums. If you get a ban or suspension on the new forums, you won’t be able to get to TL3. At least that’s how I’ve understood it.

This is not true. From Day 1 that the Dislike button was added there were several options when you clicked on it. One of them was simply not liking the content of the post. There was also the option for Trolling, and there was one other. The original intent was never simply to hide troll posts.

4 Likes

Does this mean at any point in the past, or just since the creation of the new forum?

Just since the creation of the new forum.

1 Like

I hope that’s the case. This one point alone would make T3 unattainable for a lot of people who had been around for any real length of time.

1 Like

Considering how clique-ish this forum is, T3 is going to be unattainable for a lot of people anyway. Getting your posts marked as spam or offensive is easy if you’re not part of the “in crowd” here.

It requires moderator confirmation, so there IS some protection from misuse. I personally feel five is a bit low though.

2 Likes

I did not see this mentioned anywhere, but it might be worth noting that there is apparently a 99,000 character limit in posts now (opposed to the old forum’s 5,000). Posting stories/guild threads will be less of a pain at least…drama threads, not so much.

This new format is very tedious and cluttered. I don’t understand why resources were put in to this.

1 Like

Ok thank you

2 Likes

I understand and support wanting to have a more interactive community. I think some of the changes are great. I am curious though for those that also have some utility use of the forums (Looking for a guild and or posting for recruitment needs) Some of these limitations make that much more difficult. Is there any consideration to this? and or solutions that I haven’t found so far?

Very helpful, Siyanati, thank you!

Love the new forums honestly

Aw i was green once, (no not that my character is a green orc either haha)

1 Like

I don’t like this. Why aren’t there pages anymore?

1 Like

These are really cool and interesting changes. I think removing the dislike button was a great idea. I also love how everything is formatted when I make a new post. Much more user friendly and accessible.

Place is a nightmare on mobile, though.

1 Like

hmm so if I have rank 3 I should be able to do this?

YouTube links are broken right now. Everyone can post them.

No one will be able to reach TL3 until January 4th, as there’s a 50 day minimum attendance requirement.

1 Like

You can “Create links and video embeds to trusted websites like Blizzard websites, YouTube, or Twitch” at Trust Level 1.

Question: Did you have to level that hunter to 12 or did Blizz give it to you?

1 Like