New Forum Guide - Syntax and Features

Fair enough, I swap it for a cinematic. I forgot about some of the language in it.

11 Likes

Why don’t we have a normal quote button? I have to highlight, quote, then post. But yeah, I know., I have been pushing for you to get green there too, finally. If they can do it on EU and here, they can do it on OW.

6 Likes

Probably because in the Old Overwatch forums, people love pressing the “Quote” button on Jeff Kaplan’s book-length posts on how Overwatch Devs balance the game… and only type “Hi Jeff”

14 Likes

Is the 18px font size for regular post text intended? It seems truly outrageously big on my monitor, unpleasantly so, and also has the downside of limiting how much I can see at once, so you’re always scrolling.

9 Likes

As far as I know yes. What monitor to do use?

5 Likes

You can click Reply and then Quote in the editor. It is on the left side of the controls.

7 Likes

Is it sad that I just noticed that… checking Overwatch forums… OMG that is there too… well I learned something new.

8 Likes

Is there a way to have newer posts show up first instead of oldest posts first?

8 Likes

A 27" 1440p monitor. My normal forum browsing window is either the left or right half of that, so 1280x1440.

I’ve tried using scaling below 100% to fix it but it just squishes the whole page towards the center, keeping the same low density in a smaller and smaller size.

4 Likes

On any forum, click on the “Latest” tab. The new tab shows posts that you as a user have not read yet (and is kinda pointless considering the high post frequency of the forums).

4 Likes

Wait, there’s a Blizz Wiki?

4 Likes

Oh, I meant a post within a topic.

When I open a topic, the posts are oldest first. Would like to have them sorted newest first, if that makes sense.

6 Likes

Yep, try editing this reply. I have turned it into a Wiki for demo purposes.

Haha awesome - Dawnsong

Neat.

oh boy, i hope people use this wisely! :open_mouth: ~NB :rabbit2::cow:

Testing Date January 10, 2019

Test

3 Likes

There is a backdoor trick (which is now working) simply type in the url replacing CharacterName and Realm with yours. Make sure your realm is not capitalized.

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/u/CharacterName-realm.json

Simply see if in the last paragraph you see trust_level_1, trust_level_2, or trust_level_3 in the garble of text.

9 Likes

This method here appears to work -

You need to use charactername-realmname for the JSON file.

8 Likes

New forums are looking good. Cant wait to get started.

4 Likes

Anyway of changing the viewing font and size ?

5 Likes

Not at this time.

4 Likes

Works for me- thanks.
Looks like I am level 1

2 Likes

thanks for the information

2 Likes