New Faeline Stomp WW

Hey just wondering if anyone has tested the new Faeline Stomp changes that were posted for WW? How does it feel? Can it compete with the Venthyr WW ability, in particular in pvp?

Cheers!

I feel like the Night fae ability wouldn’t really compete in PvP. A big part of the ability is standing on it for the reset. PvP is usually pretty mobile. However, maybe there could be a good dps rotation that uses Faeline Stomp for the burst damage? Might be able to set up a big moment with it???

Yeah I agree. Even without the mobility and positioning problems with the spell, the damage alone from Venthyr makes it hard to compete.

But was just curious how these changes feel. Like you said if the burst is good you might be able to coordinate it in a grip blind/sweep go (I play ww/dk).

I also really like the aesthetics of the Night Fae and abilities lol

tbh the damage on Faeline is huge now. It also heals for a lil bit as well. I’m going to assume the damage for the second hit will be nerfed.

Faeline does break hit combo so plan according and for WW it is a good pvp burst hit when combined with a FoF slow (was testing it in pvp on Torghast sever this morning).

But Ven is still winning the numbers game. I have this bad feeling Ven will get nerfed literally days before raid goes live. So people are stuck week one with a nerfed coven ability. Then week two of raid being live every ww is running Nightfae.

/placeyourbets

1 Like

Oh okay good to know. Definitely interested in it!

That’s exactly what I’m thinking dude! This reminds me when I (and everyone else) grinded x3 RSK traits then they got nerfed like a week later lol :frowning:

Hopefully they tune Venthyr before live.

1 Like

Cool the combo I was trucking people in pvp is Fist of the White tiger for 3 chi, Tiger palm for 2 chi, Xuen, SEF, RSK, Faeline into a FoF (the 90% slow does wonders). It was chunking hp of classes that can’t escape. Still not a swifty oneshot by any means but fun.

Then you can follow up with a legsweep and coordinated cc to finish the target but I was just testing and no one uses coms in beta for some reason.

2 Likes

I’m tempted to go Night Fae with hopes that Venthyr gets nerfed lol

2 Likes

Do you feel that Venthyr is a stronger covenant for now for windwalker monks other than Kyrian in terms of PvE? I guess you are right they may nerf Venthyr before raid goes live.

Right now, yes Venthyr is the by far strongest dps option we have. Kyrian is still kinda trash, it’s better than the old model that reset rsk, but it’s still nothing in comparison to Nightfae and Venthyr. Currently Kyrian feels like another buff to keep up on while you have tony the tiger out and your clones out… And last week the Kyrain potion was still not working in rated pvp but blizzard has said that is a bug.

Ven is honestly that perfect level of goodness that WW is just not allowed to have. It’s not op like the lava burst hitting every target and killing raid bosses that ele shamans had for a week. But it is really strong and makes you feel like a real dps. I see it getting nerfed soon or right before the raid goes live.

Nightfae is just good but toned down. So I see it staying the way it is.

1 Like

What’s the word on necrolord and kyrian? Night fae is my least favorite covenant and I’m trying to go necrolord or kyrian. Kyrian I know is kinda trash but necrolord seems appealing.

I think Kyrian just got interesting. Talbyy did a whole post on it.
https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/feedback-monk-class-changes/490702/780?u=pyroptosis-emerald-dream

I have no clue how necrolord or Kyrain feel because I just don’t have any intentions on going that route.