New expansion this year?

for sure 2023.

I don’t think it’ll be over anytime soon. Tazavesh split for next patch–it will be milked!

A solid year of this until you can’t wait for the next expansion. And once 10.0 releases, it’ll be so bare bone that you’ll miss SL! Threads popping up about it–how people actually loved and miss it.

Probably going to be a long drought if I had to place my bets…

1 Like

They already said no 9.3 so 9.2 will be the major patch. 9.2.5 Will be fairly small just wrapping up Shadowlands getting ready for 10.0.

No way they let the disaster that is Shadowlands drag on that long and lose even more subs. I’m going with early 2023 at the latest and hoping for late 2022.

My guess is early April of 2023. Hopefully not the first.

probably Q1 so March?

2 Likes

April would be goofier though, as we would expect by current Blizz. :stuck_out_tongue:

10.0 announcement is imminent. Between now and mid-March. They’ll have the release date then.

I think if there were a new expansion coming at the end of this year.
We would already know about it by now. Not just leaks that may, or may not,
be true.

Please,hurry up get this expansion done before they mess it up more.

It’ll be November. January at the latest. I made that prediction in June 2021.

1 Like

Nope.

Even when the next expansion was announced in BFA, with digital pre-orders to get a mount/mog, Shadowlands was still a LONG way off and had a beta first.

So figure more like at least 9 months from the time they announce the next one, which they have not even done yet.

Could be an overwhelming amount of copium, but maybe since it would have been announced at a November Blizzcon, they’re further ahead with development this cycle? Alpha soon after announcement?

If you want a new expansion this year, play path of exile. I am and it’s actually good. If you want to spend $100-$200 PER PATCH for World of Warcraft, well you already do that if you keep that 6 month sub up for those free cash shop mounts.

“It will com when it’s ready.” They say, after you spend 8-20 months subscription fees for a new update to that game you play. But it’s ok because they said it will release when it’s ready. Pay the sub. Stop complaining.

Nah I don’t really see it. For all of SL they were so far behind that they were always direly struggling to keep up with the patches. I don’t think that bodes well for 10.0’s development level.

We’ll probably get the big announcement in March or April. But alpha testing would have to start in April to get it out for November. Even then it’d probably be a rush job, which is not good. And that’s what happened with SL. No expansion, even on regular schedules, has ever started alpha right after the announcement.

1 Like

The absolute earliest we see 10.0 is the week after thanksgiving in the US

In your dreams. Emerald dreams

Compared to the amount of time it takes from today until Earth is swallowed by the Sun, 10.0 is practically tomorrow.

No yeah, definitely don’t want it rushed. I just want a good 10.0