New expansion this year?

Looks like shadowlands is ending soon.

3 Likes

Naw… There is a good 9-12 months of repetitive gameplay in 9.2.0 and 9.25… :wink:

4 Likes

Not a chance. SL still has one more patch left, 9.2.5. But there is no possible time to finish 10.0 to release by the end of this year. It hasn’t even been announced yet; much less ready for alpha and beta. It’ll be a 2023 release for sure.

2 Likes

Why would you think that? The Shadowlands are eternal.

3 Likes

Late 2023 if then

Technically, it’s not impossible…but it is unlikely.

The shortest final patch since TBC was Cata with 301 days. If they managed to meet that timeline with SLs, the next x-pack be would released on Dec 20th.

With that being said…9.0 and 9.1 are the longest mid-tier content patches is WoWs history so I would expect a record breaking final patch as well. The current record holder is MoP with 460 days

1 Like

Even if its not this year then wait

We’ll see. I expect a long wait.

Early 2023 or Autumn 2023 imo, they could do a lot in the meantime with 9.2.5 or even 9.3…

Third-quarter of 2023.

:tm:

If 9.2 lasts 6 months that’ll be pretty much September, 9.2.5 in September and 1 month of prepatch for November launch? :man_shrugging:

1 Like

for sure 2023.

I don’t think it’ll be over anytime soon. Tazavesh split for next patch–it will be milked!

A solid year of this until you can’t wait for the next expansion. And once 10.0 releases, it’ll be so bare bone that you’ll miss SL! Threads popping up about it–how people actually loved and miss it.

Probably going to be a long drought if I had to place my bets…

1 Like

They already said no 9.3 so 9.2 will be the major patch. 9.2.5 Will be fairly small just wrapping up Shadowlands getting ready for 10.0.

No way they let the disaster that is Shadowlands drag on that long and lose even more subs. I’m going with early 2023 at the latest and hoping for late 2022.

My guess is early April of 2023. Hopefully not the first.

probably Q1 so March?

2 Likes

April would be goofier though, as we would expect by current Blizz. :stuck_out_tongue:

10.0 announcement is imminent. Between now and mid-March. They’ll have the release date then.