New Danuser Interview

She boasts that Gul’dan and the Legion’s attempts to end all things would not save reality from the Void.

She is a true Void Lord loyalist to say the least. Her only goal is to bring every mote of existence under the Void Lords’ control bringing about Eternal Suffering to all existence!

She also has a grudge against her brethren for what was done to her furthermore so while Yogg-Saron was eventually convinced to tow the line until he got chained up by the Titans(upon which he decided to go with the Void Lords’ original Plan of Omnicide & Eternal Torment) she was so stubbornly loyal to the Void Lords she got eaten and reduced to a Dagger.

Speculation aside, I want to highlight that Danuser in the interview emphasized that he himself hand picked that foreboding dialogue that came from N’zoth in the mandatory questline at the very end of the campaign. This tells me that it has to lead somewhere and that the old gods are intertwined with the dragonflight story, if not the next expansion. It seems very intentional to make PCs go back in time to N’zoth in the final quest. It would be incredibly missed opportunity to place a smoking Chekhov’s gun and drop it altogether for lore that is so intertwined with Murozond and Nozdormu’s corruption. Now my speculation,

My predictions:
Season 2: Irikrond after being released from the Vault of the Incarnates seeks vengeance for Raszageth’s death and attempts to revive Galakrond or make a Galakrond 2.0 using the same old god corruption that corrupted Deathwing and that other guy that we see in the dragonflight legacies videos.
Season 3: The world tree is replanted on the west side of the Onharan plains and the PCs have to stop the old god’s corruption. I’m not sure how this would fit in the story but again, would be incredibly odd to replant a world tree there in a vacant part of the onharan plains that PCs quest through and do nothing with it lore wise. I got to believe the Emerald Dream will be visited or saved at some point.
Season 4: (if there is a 4th raid tier maybe not) Galakrond is thwarted but we must fight an old god alternate timeline to prevent murozond and save Nozdormu from reaching his final form and unleashing the 5th dragon aspect (hint hint 5th old god).

Launching us into another expansion what I hope is like an alternate timeline Azeroth reimagined for a Wow 2.0 for the 20th anniversary but that’s wishful thinking. Maybe a void or titan or Emerald Dream expansion as its an unexplored pantheon that is deeply imbedded in the lore of dragonflight.

3 Likes

Honestly, I would not read into it that much. It just seems like a cliffhanger to get the audience to stay subbed in the future while they think of something new.

5 Likes

That was always my assumption. Seems obvious. When he saw the PCs, he saw the possibilities, in including his plots with them. In the future, he just picks up where he left off.

2 Likes

I’d imagine the seventh force is either something outside of all the realms we currently know of, or Azeroth herself.

Since we pretty much learned that what Firim, Jailer, and N’zoth talked about was the same thing.

So what can be so horrid that even the jailer and N’zoth wish to stop it?

I’ll post some stuff here.
First from Firim:

If the different forces compete with one another to claim it (Mortal plane), they might be driven by the unconscious knowledge of another outside force that seeks it as well.

The six forces that pointed toward a seventh, and yet denied it. For a long while I considered this seeming contradiction no more than another variable. An unknown waiting to be solved.

But the song of the oracle continued to reverberate in my consciousness. And as I allowed my focus to soften, my grip upon the tangible to loosen, the geometry took shape in my mind.

It was both six AND seven. The six were one, and the seventh the other.

Did they desire union? The song seemed to say otherwise. Both were, yet only one could be.

The melody shifted. I shuddered at the shape it took.

This was not a variable to be solved. It was a solution awaiting its opportunity.

The song must not be allowed to end.

Do the First Ones still sing it? Truly, I do not know. But if they do not…

If they do not…

Who will?

It is clear to me now that there must be a Zereth for each force of the cosmos, and within them, an inner sanctum akin to the Sepulcher.

And if that is true, then these sanctums must be connected on some fundamental level; a connection that the Jailer sought to exploit.

What he began in the Sepulcher was meant to cascade outward from one Zereth to the next, until all were dominated by his power. The heart of the Shadowlands acting as a doorway to the heart of each cosmic force in turn, one after another bound to his will.

But if his scheme was thwarted, then why is my mind so ill at ease?

Because I have seen how fragile the pattern is. How delicate the scales that keep the six forces in balance.

And if the Jailer, in his act of malevolence, left behind but the most imperceptible of cracks in that pattern, then I fear what is tiny now will only grow, until the balance itself is prone to be shattered by another force applying relentless pressure.

I pray that the First Ones anticipated such an eventuality. That they would leave measures in place to preserve their grand design.

Unless…

Unless their design was never meant to endure.

And that… that is the possibility that haunts me.

So Firim believes that there is some outside seventh force, but there could not be a six and seven forces, and apparently, the song/pattern that keeps our universe together is quite fragile.

Also worth to note that the symbol of the first ones is a serpent, which is found at all first ones structures like for example Korthia or Oribos etc.
Also the first ones have some kind of connection to Azeroth as we found first ones artifacts on Azeroth during shadowlands, and with the whole first ones waygates working for us etc.

Now throwback to the legion expansion we found two notes, talking about the end of all things. What I found interesting is that even the void scream out for the light that it used to hate in this doomsday scenario, and I’ll quote it here.

An Emerald Dawn.
An emerald sun dawns in the vault of the heavens, but casts no shadow. The world lifts her voice in terror, but only one can hear her cries. From the space that is everywhere and nowhere, the crooked serpent feasts on stars. It has no eyes to see, but it dreams of infinite endings and beginnings.

THE END OF ALL THINGS

The crooked serpent with no eyes is watching from the endless sky. Forked tongues flicker through the black pits in dead stars. The veil between dream and dreamer slides away like skin from bone. And even the darkness howls for the light it once despised.<The rest of the note is illegible, covered in strange glyphs and scribbles.>

Just saying, an awful amount of serpent symbol stuff, and we have a mysterious seventh force on our hands that’s supposedly super bad for our reality. And a mystery bad thing that’s coming for us. I think the mystery seventh force is the crooked serpent.

Huh, I agree with Danuser for once. Truly there is a first for everything.

2 Likes

No eyes… The Blind Queen…

The fall of Night reveals her true face. She will bring only ruin…

The prophecy mentioning the Emerald Dawn and the veil between dream and dreamer calls into mind the Emerald Dream yet again.

The Emerald Dream is the 7th Force and thanks to the Re-Origination of Ny’alotha the Crooked Serpent of the Dream now is nearing her true scheme.

If N’Zoth survived the Re-Origination of Ny’alotha and became the Crooked Serpent then the Enemy of All in his prophecy is the Void Lords who would have struck a bargain with the Light in order to prevent N’Zoth’s ascendency(as N’Zoth’s followers state in Stormsong Valley: “The stars fear our ascension.”).

The Crooked Serpent’s Song beckons the rise of the Dream to devour the Stars of the Light and Void. Soon Dream will be the Cosmic Force aligned with Nature(challenging Technology) while Life will become associated with Blood and yet still oppose Necromancy.

N’Zoth assumes that Elune will be the one bringing Ruin not realizing that he himself in the form of Elune will be bringing Ruin due to Murozond doing everything he can to prevent the N’Zoth wins Timeline.

Once N’Zoth realizes what his purpose is he will recreate the Black Empire for his brethren and start devouring Void Lords while spreading the Dream into Reality.

Timelines will converge and there will be only One True Timeline bringing about the End of countless Universes sparing only one filled with the amalgam of all the others.

Just remembered: The K’thir of Stormsong Valley also say: “Drown in the blood of the infinite!”

The Drowning of Reality in the Infinite Truths/Timelines and the rise of the Emerald Dawn is a dark portent to say the least as it means the Old Gods and the Crooked Serpent born from N’Zoth’s Re-Origination in the Main Timeline will be the Primary Antagonists of the Next Expansion.

I’ve pondered this seventh force thing a lot more than Blizzard likely has.

Perhaps the Seventh is antithetical to the existence of the Pattern itself. When the Progenitors sacrificed of themselves to bind the cosmos to their intended blueprint they banished the Seventh outside the pattern, but it has always tried to worm its way in and begin pulling the whole thing down to return the cosmos to its primordial form and thus rejoin it. That would make the cracks Zovaal’s meddling caused a big deal, as they are weak spots that the Seventh could exploit.

Another approach is admittedly a pet theory of sorts: That originally there was a single force, which we can just call Origin for ease. Somehow, most of Origin got split apart like white light becoming a rainbow, but small fragments remained of it as the God-like Progenitors who still contain all forces within them in balance. There are two outcomes I imagined:

1. The Seventh is the First. The Progenitors want to put Origin back together again, and so the primordial chaos was bound into a pattern intended to slowly stitch the cosmic forces back together, merging into Origin and thus erasing them all eventually. Realizing that the Progenitors intend such a thing could make wildly disparate beings as N’zoth, Murozond, and Zovaal get on the same page.

2. The Seventh is a deviant Progenitor, likely the cause of the destruction of Origin to begin with. They were banished outside the Pattern, but desire to tear it apart and rebuild things in their own image—The Melkor of this cosmos so to speak. That original betrayal of the Seventh has unintentionally marred the Pattern itself, manifesting in the lesser Cosmic Pantheons in different ways such as Zovaal and Sargeras.

3 Likes

That’s…basically what Shadowlands was. And nobody liked it.

1 Like

Tbh my issue with the Shadowlands was how they kept trying to make it so much about Sylvanas and Anduin. People generally loved elements like Denathrius, the Forsworn, Ve’nari, and also the general aesthetic. I’d even say the same issue extends to BfA. It had a lot of interesting zone storylines, but the overarching storyline was annoying.

I feel like I would’ve enjoyed it a lot more better if it was it’s own self-contained thing that didn’t end up retconning lore from two decades ago and mess with the entire concept of death (with the exception of Ardenweald where it was more of a rebirth storyline).

4 Likes

Ardenweald flat didn’t belong in the Shadowlands expansion. It is almost literally just the Emerald Dream, with its own living creatures you have to relocate so they can breed happily without killing plant and animal life.

1 Like

Treng is so salty about Ardenweald, it’s kind of funny.

2 Likes

Well I like it, as a lot of my friends who I play with… we saw it a Realm traveling, or Plane Walking like in D&D and Magic the Gathering.

However we all do agree on one thing… the main story that lead us there was not great, at all. :woozy_face:

well i mean they retconned a ton of stuff and put something that didn’t match the theme of the one expansion i’ve been waiting on since WotLK ended.

This’d be like if the most important zone in the Emerald Dream expansion was a death zone that continued getting updates and story focus the entire expansion while the rest of the zones were largely ignored. Also if the Emerald Dream’s lore was busted and bent to make sure that this death zone was propped up.

Not sure why it would be anything like that. Sounds like you’re just being dramatic.

Yeah, this is coming from the player that said “valsharrah wasn’t made for nelf players.”

Honesty isn’t something I have come to expect from you.

I kinda just see Ardenweald as the other side of the Emerald Dream at this point. The two realms are permanently linked and part of one larger cycle/system—If one side stops its job the other side will eventually fail as well.

It wasn’t.

Druidism is dominated by Nelf themes, but ultimately, it’s shared with several races. The Emerald Nightmare is not uniquely a Nelf issue just because the eldest Druids happens to be a Nelf.

You want to complain about Nelves getting the spotlight, then acknowledge CATA, SOO, and WOD was all Orc content too. Hell, let’s throw BFA in there too because Saurfang was the big hero.