New Customization Options for Blood Elves and Void Elves

All the more reason to want and preserve what little unique defining aesthetics left to these near identical races, as there are only a few left. That really is the point.

And those were given to both factions at the same exact time, not been core races for one then cloned to the other after more than a decade, and even more for Night Elf. The attachment aspect did not exist with Pandas, it did with NE/BE.

Most people accepted that two years ago when they happened and moved on. The argument right now is to preserve the little things that are left distinct between these races.

I apprecaite this meme, and I often use it, but in reality heā€™s only the Horde council emissary in stormwind.

2 Likes

Me too.

Pinkish nightborne would be very cute, but i prefer the darker skin tones.

1 Like

Yeah. A lot of it is just kind of twisted relationships. Most people in these discussions leave a like or make a comment in the first few hundred posts. But once you get into the thousands itā€™s a group of actors that have been debating eachother forever.

So things started celebratory and slid into those people trying to ruin the new customization options and now itā€™s just the old fighting while we listen to some Taylor Swift bad blood in the background.

Infigure hair colors are the next big fightā€¦ either Void Elves will get expanded hair colors or itā€™ll be a source of mockery and then months to years more fighting.

Not really sure where the station for this train is at.

4 Likes

Blood Elf customization hopefully.

Nightborne are a unique race with a similar model to Night Elves. I didnā€™t accept them being the same race at any point.

1 Like

I like your Highborne look. Makes my Druid main feel like a country Night Elf.

1 Like

My song is Say so by Doja Cat! <3 Iā€™m hoping for some BE hair colors (Blonde, White, Brown or Red for Avarie and Black) and hair styles (but mostly the ones that HEā€™s use!) for the VEā€™s! I would be over the moon!! <3

I can live with all those amazing customizations we already got, but we still have highborne in nelf society, and i donā€™t think we have to take nothing from nightborne to make highborne nelfs work.

4 Likes

I was referring to the similar models of the two races which he mentioned. Very few believe that theyā€™re the same race. Void and Blood elves arenā€™t the same race anymore either, since one is mutated, infused by the void, and one is still tied to the energies of the Sunwell (Blood/high Elves).

Theyā€™re the same race. So the thing that should distinguish them should be things like jewelry.

They are different enough in lore and culture.

Orcs and humans and Trolls and Tauren and Gnomes and dwarves are going to be the thing that separates the factions.

The elf ship sailed in burning crusade. Itā€™s amazing that they havenā€™t shared the race already.

Blood Elves are not the entire Horde Faction. High Elves are not the entire Alliance faction.

A meaningless distinction.

3 Likes

I think you will surely get some jewelry for Highborne like effects.

I donā€™t think youā€™d be infringing on NB as NEā€™s have Shendralar, and I am pro customizations and ARā€™s despite what people have tried to say, so I hope you get it!

1 Like

Not exactly on customisation but I hope Blizz revert Male Blood Elves heal cast animation to where they lower their arms below their waist.

Donā€™t understand why it was changed it in Legion. Cutting off a few ā€œframesā€ make it look so stilted. Always annoys me when I cast flash heal/flash of light/vivify

Blood Elves are not the same race as Void Elves, they share the same model. A similar example is dark ranger elf and Blood elf, both share the same model too, but only one of the two is alive.

Not really, and Iā€™ve explained why in the same post. Calling it meaningless isnā€™t a counter argument.

1 Like

I feel like the hair colors should just be the same as humans. Iā€™m all for void elves getting other hair colors but to specifically get a bunch of the belf ones would just give people more reason to be mad (even though void elves literally are belfs as far as we know).

(And I donā€™t speak for myself, I really donā€™t see how a hair color is something to be outraged over)

6 Likes

You do realize it still counts regardless of whom you have said it to right? Let alone, I do not enjoy having people stalk me in other forums to flag bomb them.

The person who claims people who opposes high elves are morally vacant should not discuss smug behavior.

I am perfectly allowed to speak to you in a frank and factual manner. If you dislike it, perhaps you should conduct it yourself along with the friend who liked your post.
Being factual is not being smug.

2 Likes

Ooo, blonde for Night Elves would be sickening. Iā€™d also like Auburn with streaks of blonde like Dathā€™remar was stated to have.

4 Likes

Lore citation please.

Alive and dead are not races.

It is in fact. I donā€™t really want to get into the pointless follow up debate though.

Because it doesnā€™t matter I would keep asking you why it mattered over and over again.

2 Likes

Dear lord, honey just stooopā€¦ :man_facepalming:

Why do you feel itā€™s necessary to start running your mouth at me again? Itā€™s enough broflake, stop.

5 Likes

Void Elves should have white hairā€¦ and if you are gonna be able to customize them like you want to then they are going to need Alleriaā€™s blonde as well.

5 Likes

LOL that happened to me too. Apparently they donā€™t think that multiple different people can want High Elf customization options for Velves :rofl: we all must be alts of the same 3 people, clearly.

True, the only people who matter are the Devs who make these decisions, and as they are giving Velves skin tones and eye colors, Iā€™d say we are on a great path :smiley: (And the datamined ā€œSecond skin colorā€ and ā€œSecond hair colorā€ options for Velves/EE is SUPER promising :D)

^^^ Also pls tell me thatā€™s Jinx Monsoon reference

Same! I canā€™t waittt and Iā€™m keeping my fingers crossed.

5 Likes