New Customization Options for Blood Elves and Void Elves

Except the hair is not high elf hair by any definitions of the word. High elves should have been a proper separate allied race with their accompanying customization options.

I am worried they will call this an excuse to be done with additional customization for void elves when in truth all allied races are going to be extremely limited in customization and need to be expanded upon. The skin tones, hairstyles, and features for allied races need to be expanded.

3 Likes

(Speculative): I think the skin tone additions are more to make it easier to give Blood Elves blue eyes. Certainly skin tones are more than I think most of us were expecting for Void Elves for Shadowland’s launch. That said, I also think this means they’ll need less time to work on Void Elf customization in 9.1 or 9.2. The extra time can be spent on Nightborne, who desperately need it. That said I don’t think Void Elves won’t get anything, just that they won’t be getting as much as other Allied Races, because they already got some of what was coming.

4 Likes

There are several hairstyles that void elves can use already that are more silver covenant looking. The two gray hair tones already look like the same silver colour of Vereesa Windrunner’s hair, and there have been high elf NPCs in game with blue hair since Wrath of the Lich King.

I do think they will add more natural looking hair colors to the void elves, but I also think they will add more void themed customization as well. I think they’ll play up both sides of this.

The War of the Elves, coming soon…

I still think my solution avoided this problem. The faction barrier is the cause of so many issues with this game. Getting rid of that laughable gimmick and just letting “bloodelves” do quests for alliance NPC’s and group with ex-alliance players and giving them a blue eye option would have been dramatically better.

You’d have your elf racials. You’d get to play all your high elf classes. You’d start in Silvermoon and would be welcome in Stormwind. Fantasy fulfilled.

6 Likes

JUST WANT TO CONFIRM. THIS ISN’T SOME DATAMINING/IDEA YOU’RE PLAYIN WITH. THIS IS CONIFRMED?

6 Likes

Oh my god it’s just a video game

We’re not out here trying to tackle modern day slavery or the political and economic ramification of covid.

You get blue eyes, RP the fantasy in your head and call it a day now.

8 Likes

Now if they’d only let us Darkspear Trolls visit the chiropractor and learn to stand upright.

4 Likes

Yeah well if you want to tackle modern day slavery or political and economic ramifications of c19 then why are you on an MMO forum? Sorry but I came here to talk about the videogame and discussions on said videogame are very relevant.

Rules are rules for a reason. Spit on the lore like this and then you create an even bigger issue. Why should I care about any other “lore excuse” for anything ever again? Give me tauren rogues. Or gnome druids. LOL ITS JUST A GAME LETS JUST DO WHATEVER RITE!!111

This one change destroyed the entire point of creating void elves. It’s not even giving you true high elves since high elves can be paladins… and these pink void elf abominations can’t. I gave a better alternative that would let people play with blue eyes and work with the factions they wanted to work for but you’d rather cry cry cry and be hostile rather than read past the first 3 sentences I typed and comprehend anything.

2 Likes

So, you reversed course and gave the Alliance a Horde race. This is a seriously bad move. Blood Elves should have had their identity preserved.

4 Likes

(Commentary): It is confirmed. Blue eyes for Blood Elves! I’m so glad to see people genuinely happy about this. Most of the crowd that had been adamant about it are losing their minds because Void Elves got light skin tones.

2 Likes

Void elf should never have existed in the first place, so, who cares :man_shrugging:

4 Likes

if blizz add straight back to the 90% of the horde races, i would change my side

It’s a color addition. Nothing more, nothing less.

3 Likes

(Response) well then this is the happiest day of my WoW life. I was really saddened to hear the eyes would only be on NPCs, but to hear they confirmed otherwise makes me content beyond words!

2 Likes

I’m not an aficionado on WoW lore, but weren’t they exiled prior to the changes to their bodies? Also, Alleria is a normal skinned elf that still caused the sunwell to go bonkers.

(Commentary): I would Like your post but I ran out for the day. Suffice to say, I am glad the people who genuinely wanted blue eyes for Blood Elves without any sort of malice now get to enjoy it!

2 Likes

They literally left the Alliance because they bascially alienated and chastised them while they were at rock bottom. They lost their family and friends and while starved, turned to fel to sate their hunger. It’s the reason I left the Alliance in TBC.

As a huge Blood elf enthusiast. Let them have their void Elf/human skin tone color. It doesn’t bother us unless we want it to bother us.

1 Like

woooot. now thats cool. /hugs all around :sparkling_heart:

1 Like

I mean the void elves before they were “void elves”. They were exiled because they were researching void stuff while they still held their normal bodies right?