New Customization Options for Blood Elves and Void Elves

Probably because it reminds people of pie.

1 Like

What does this even mean?

1 Like

“Devoid of morality”? That’s not really fair to say.

No, the anti side is based off of retaining uniqueness.

4 Likes

Some of them also worry about if high elves become playable blood elves will be written as the villains in the story, which is a valid concern imo.

4 Likes

I mean, for some people (not personally for me, but doesn’t matter) the thing they enjoy the most in the game is the differences between the factions.
I don’t see how that is “devoid of morality”, it’s just a different opinion.

4 Likes

So, why not use the stuff in this thread?

Oh that’s right, we’re still stealing from the Horde.

4 Likes

From the antis’ perspective, that would be like if the Kul Tirans had gone Horde. It’s a physique for their race that they can’t play.

2 Likes

They are retaining their uniqueness. Playable high elves would just mean taking what’s already in game and making them playable.

This “uniqueness” that they claim is based off not allowing people to have access to a race that’s already in game and already part of the alliance.

It would be unique if the high elves didn’t exist.

That is not protecting uniqueness, that is spite.

It’s rough, and I don’t speak for every one of them, but it’s true based on what I just said above this quote.

5 Likes

I mean, I made a few High Elf/Half-Elf Mockups in, I’m not sure if that thread or an earlier one, and some people told me they thought they were still too similar, even though I added in some differences.

And that’s ok! It’s their opinion.

1 Like

I love seeing all the mock ups and art people did. That’s part of what eventually prompted me to join the discussion. Seeing that much passion for the race was inspiring.

8 Likes

This is something I’ve always had issues with in terms of Blizzard, and I think many on both sides would agree on this:
Why use an unplayable NPC rival to Blood Elves for the Alliance’s representation in some content?

If it was in service of furthering the Blood Elf story, an argument could be made for doing it, but at least in WoTLK, the Argent Tournament was basically devoid of any meaningful story progression for anyone. Honestly, Anub’arak’s cameo was the most significant thing that happened, and that’s not even mentioned in Chronicle.

That whole patch was just a response to fan backlash that a Beloved Character of WC3 was reduced to a simple… Dungeon Boss.

And not even of the higher level one!
They’ve even stated that their biggest failure in WotLK was cutting Azjol’Nerub as an underground zone.

1 Like

A true tragedy of WOTLK.

1 Like

I’d honestly rather get confirmation we are getting a high elf ar with their own model and have to wait longer to get it than getting them quicker in the form of void elves who wiped the blue paint off their skin. That way void elves remain void without taking further aesthetics from the blood elves and void elves stay voidy, and the high elves have their own class options and own looks to choose from.

2 Likes

Did you see my earlier post on the etymology of Reno’s name? :wink:

Not in terms of playable characters.

I agree with this, but disagreeing with it doesn’t automatically make someone spiteful.

3 Likes

The only posting about Reno’s name that I have seen in recent times is regarding Bald Belves.

Why would this happen though? Why would the blood elves suddenly turn in to villains through a cosmetic option becoming available to alliance.
If anything, the high elves are more villain-like towards blood elves.

I’m extremely passionate about the differences between the factions. But like I said to somand, making a race that’s already part of the alliance playable has no effect on “uniqueness”.

These people are claiming that their “uniqueness” is lost through an alliance race having their switch flicked to playable, it’s just weird.
Many have suggested that the current high elves get updated models in order to differentiate themselves more from their blood elf sisters, but even that gets tossed aside for some reason.
Which is why I’m very rough on this kind of spiteful behavior.

1 Like
1 Like