New Customization Options for Blood Elves and Void Elves

consecration could be a circular, star studded patch of void on the ground. its a bit wobbly to go with the concept of shadow/dark paladin cause it kinda steps on dk concepts. maybe we could lightforge our velfs to receive paladin abilities, invovling some lightforging quest chain. as long as we dont have to kill a naaru for it lol

Considering we haven’t seen the Silver Covenant since Legion, they may not be a thing anymore. Blood Elves getting blue eyes suggests a reunification of the elves, excluding Void Elves because they are a danger to the Sunwell.

3 Likes

If we don’t get the undead skin tones for BEs I think I will be very sad to be honest. I’m rooting for those to happen next before anymore work is done on Void Elves. As BEs only got blue eyes and so did VEs so what did BEs get exactly? :confused:

1 Like

this is hyperspace alt. was just examining my old school draenei. anyway, wowhead’s got it in their head again, that belfs are gonna get red eyes. now since blizz knows you want to do the dark ranger theme with those red eyes, presumably you would get an undead skin option. if not, i’ll help ya request it. :sparkling_heart:

3 Likes

Just put on a Silver Covenant tabard and RP as one.

Thank you Hyper, there is a customization request thread for it actually someone made I hope the devs see it

fingers crossed these customizations make it in for BE players

6 Likes

I am hoping we get to see more of the options soon. I’ve had mixed feelings, and still think high elves as their own ar should be considered since a lot of void elf fans are upset, but ultimately this could be made to work for everyone I think.

1 Like

It does seem odd that the playerbase can’t just band together and appreciate the Thalassian Elf.

I think most would agree that there should be some options available only to Blood Elves, and some only for Void. We already know of course the latter has the blueberry option.

For Blood Elves it could either be that Sunwell Sunburnt look, or the Dark Ranger, or maybe even San’layn. It wouldn’t be fair for Void Elves to inheret ALL of the new skin options AND the current Void Elf skins (without Blood Elves getting something in addition that is).

I also think that because Void Elves have a range of blue hair choices, Blood Elves should retain the red shades to keep the red-blood theme unique to them. After all, one minor difference in old High Elf NPCs was in fact the more common blue hair.

1 Like

I really wouldn’t be too surprised if this wound up being a thing. The skin tones are there, it’s just a question of making them available, and customization expansion seems to be a major thing in SL.

Also undead skins in the death themed expansion just seems like a no brainer tbh.

alrighty. got on my belf hunter and added my voice to the others in the thread.

3 Likes

NPCs are in Boralus.

2 Likes

It just feels like Void Elves development is hindered by the fact that they’re not allowed to do anything without being afraid of hurting the Blood Elf theme and upsetting their fans, which is why they’ve been getting stuff at the same time. But, like, Blood Elves don’t have to worry about that because they’re the original race. They can go any direction they want and not have to worry about people complaining(To an extent). But if both Void Elves and Blood Elves are getting lore, character customization and story development at the same time, I wouldn’t have a complaint.

And just the fact that these guys were Void Elves in the first place is kind of proof that Blizzard were hesitant about this whole idea to begin with… sort of. I feel like High Elves would have never had this problem. Because they’re already a thing and fleshed out, it’s not exactly taking away from anything that isn’t there. Void Elves are brand new and giving them new stuff is probably kind of risky in Blizzard’s eyes?

I feel like I’m not wording this right. But that’s basically what I can come up with, lmao. :neutral_face:

All of this makes perfect sense. If Void Elves were a well developed race from the start and had their moment to shine throughout literally any part of BfA, I probably would have been perfectly happy with the way they are.

3 Likes

oddly enough, they gave the helf blue hair shade to belfs. hehe … i was like…waaait, isnt blue hair a velf thing? apparently not.

3 Likes

yeah this was one of my big issues with velf customization. cant have light blue hair as a dk because belfs already have it, yet we’re supposed to be confined to blue and cool shades of other colors. same issue cropped up with classes. druids didnt want us to get druid class, shaman didnt want us to get shaman, nobody wanted us to get demon hunters, and paladins dont want us to get pallies. lol

3 Likes

I would love to see blonde and silver hair options with blue or pink highlights on void elves, I think that would look EPIC!!!

Or even blonde fading into pink or blue on the ends.

Like Taylor Swift from the Lover era. Ooo and some braids mixed in. #LoveIT :heart_eyes:

7 Likes

/stamp of approval :sparkling_heart:

hehe

4 Likes

I just think that would be sooooo cool. It’s a way to play into the uniqueness of the race and it’s new and exciting! It also lends to the high elven aesthetic people want, while still clearly more void elf in nature.

We could have so much fun with this. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: :blue_heart: :sparkling_heart: :dizzy:

3 Likes

No worries, I get where you’re coming from on this. At the same time I chalk that up much more to Blizzard having created the race without really any idea of what they wanted to do with it. I don’t think there’s anything really “stopping” them from suddenly giving Void Elves more development, they do things all the time that cause massive drama bombs and it’s never really been a hurdle to them. I think they just genuinely don’t know what to do with them now that they’re here, and so just keep falling back on the easy choice of “oh wait, uh, they’re basically Blood Elves so just have them do the same thing Blood Elves would be doing in this situation. Oh, but color it purple, cause… void and stuff”.

If they had more ideas than that they’d be using them, player reaction or no. It sucks, but I stopped holding my breath for otherwise once the expansion literally turned all void-y and the only thing they could think to do with us was make us faceless baddies in the visions.

If they want to turn us into High Elves and just go back to having the Silver Covenant everywhere when they want to use elves on Blue side, then fine. That was basically what they were already doing except with a purple filter over us anyways.

3 Likes

that inspired a return of

1 Like

Omg, I would literally die, deceased. Taylor Swift is a void elf confirmed.

#TaylorSwiftLoverHairForVoidElves

1 Like