New Customization Options for Blood Elves and Void Elves

It’s still technically Void themed in nature? They’re not getting normal hair colours or options, and they still have those Void tendrils sprouting from their heads. We can’t really make our Void Elves look normal, even with these new options. Void Elves can actually look perfectly normal though, and it still counts as a Void Theme(Alleira, for example). Undead Rangers are arguably a much bigger difference. Anything can kind of count as a Void Elf, if we’re going to use Alleria as proof of that. To be an Undead Ranger, you literally have to specifically be a ranger and undead. You can’t mistake anything else as one.

I’m still not against what you’re saying, and I think since it’s a request (and a pretty simple, reasonable one), Blizzard should just do it. If Trolls can have actual brand new themes-- and like 4 of them–I don’t see why other races can’t have just as many/more. I hope you get what you want. :man_shrugging:

How Voidy does my forum mug look right now?

1 Like

The various colors of their hair that absolutely allow for a boarder range of customization than void elf characters, now if void elves also get different styles and colors then I’ll agree with you, but as of yet that’s not confirmed.

2 Likes

Your one haircut out of, like, 7? And the colour’s pretty off, I’d say. ANd even then, looking normal is still technically part of the Void theme. Look at Alleria.

Also, men are far worse off then what females are for our ugly hairstyles. We’re all balding/have tendrils sticking out of our heads. Not a single long hair option isn’t balding or doesn’t come with tendrils.

3 Likes

I’m not against new hair styles or colours for Void Elves. I want them actually. I just think it’s a bit much to say we don’t have any non-Voidy hairs at all. A limited amount of options, yes, but not none.

2 Likes

“Wasn’t it you that said that”

Mmmm not that it matters considering my point was ← and the point calling the diversity of BE’s a new theme was → who said it but the point still stands, Void Elves receiving human skin tones is a new theme. Blood Elves receiving the same skin tones isnt a new theme its already our theme, and peoples ethnicities isnt a theme, its diversity that should have always been there.

We have been.

Sylvanas was raising all kinds of Elves in the last war, and we have text citation the majority of them still see the Sin’dorei as their kin, and are staying Horde. And plays into the player agency Blizzard promised, just like what VE’s will get with their new HE theme they did not previously have in the form of aesthetic.

3 Likes

…We don’t though? There’s not a single normal hair colour/hairstyle combination we can have.

Aren’t Void Elves getting these too, or am I mistaken?

2 Likes

Blue hair. It’s not the same shade of blue that Blood Elves have, but that doesn’t mean it’s a void blue either.

Also any of the non-tentacle styles work. Being balding doesn’t equal voidy.
If you want to say it’s bad go ahead, but don’t say that it’s not normal.

1 Like

They are, and on Blood Elves I wouldn’t count it as a second theme because they are doing that for the human skin toned races in game as is anyways. And their comments on humans was that it was long over due, and they always saw them as diverse. So since we have no other comments to my knowledge I’m taking that as their stance for adding the diversity that should have always been there to the various other human skin toned races as well.

1 Like

That… makes a lot of sense actually. But I do hope even generic High Elves are given proper eyes. They can’t all be death knights :stuck_out_tongue:

I wouldn’t exactly say Blood Elves aren’t getting another theme. One thing Blood Elves are getting is ear customisations where Void Elves are not (don’t think it is coming for Void Elves yet). Giving the Blood Elves also the options to be Half Elves.

I dunno, would love to see more customisation’s for every race.

I agree! Dark Ranger customization for Blood Elves! We have Dark Ranger Velonara’s text as the justification needed!

2 Likes

If Half Elves end up being Horde only, I’mma riot. That’s straight up ridiculous.

2 Likes

It’s just an ear slider, that NE’s are also getting? I would say I would feel more relief in believing / assuming Void Elves will get it as well just given that.

1 Like

But it literally is a Void blue.

I didn’t see that, my bad.

But your still kind of saying the same thing, anyway? Having blue eyes and normal skin is still part of the Void Elf aesthetic and theme. It isn’t a new one. Alleria’s their leader and she has blonde hair, normal skin and blue eyes.

You still have to be undead to be one, right? You can be a normal-looking Void Elf and still count as identifying in the Void Elf aesthetic. I’m not saying what you’re asking for isn’t unreasonable, because it isn’t, but it’s still a huge difference compared to what Void Elves got.

Blizzard should go back and give them more stuff, just because them, Gnomes and Trolls feel super lacking compared to what Tauren and Night Elves got. Hopefully we’ll see Undead Ranger stuff for you guys soon.

Not really?

Hair color 2 is just a more saturated blue, that’s it.

It’s literally blue because of the Void. :face_with_raised_eyebrow: No other thalassian has their hair colours or options, because they have all been altered by the Void.

I want freckles so much for more races, and more options with freckles for the races with them!

1 Like

Blood Elves can have blue hair as well, it’s just a different shade/saturation. :face_with_raised_eyebrow: