New Customization Options for Blood Elves and Void Elves

The faces are the same. But you have so many tatoos, scars, facial hair (divided into sideburn, moustache, beard and eyebrows!), hair styles and eye colors that they really few like new.

Really, I was hitting the Random Customization button over and over and it seemed like it never ended, every configuration felt new.

2 Likes

The void themed options I’d like to get down the road include:

• Additional skin tones with the void corruption on hands/feet
  • A tentacle toggle for hair to add tentacles to currently non-tentacled hair (and remove tentacles from currently tentacled hair)
  • Jet Black and Stark White hair color options (though black seems like it’s already coming).
  • Void-scarred skin options similar to how Demon Hunters have skin options with those glowy fel scars all over their bodies but void-colored.
  • A blue-black eye option similar to the heritage wings.

Here’s an image of the void corruption skin tones I’d like to see added:
https://i.imgur.com/aPHRwOu.jpg

5 Likes

If you’re referring to me, I don’t know what you mean by turning on him. I can disagree with things and we can discuss it.

3 Likes

I still can’t believe that white hair isn’t a thing.

The effects on the jewels on the heritage armor is pretty interesting. They should make some eyes like that. Just staring into the void.

2 Likes

What about Eyebrows? The real issue for Night Elf males is eyebrows… and I only have one night elf bearded character.

1 Like

Here then. A thread to voice support for Dark Ranger stuff made humbly by the lovely Balesong.

6 Likes

Oh… I guess for awhile in Cataclysm this character was my main too. To be fair.

2 Likes

I changed mains three times this expansion. Seems pretty normal to me.

2 Likes

As I said:

Yes, you have eyebrows. Every eyebrow that was once tied to beards, plus a few more.

I’m taking pics. Wait and see!

3 Likes

Yes I am thank you. The whole thing is a bit sad to me and eye opening I will say that.

I think this unfortunately seems to happen a lot if pros don’t agree on every minute detail or the order of things, or what have you and we aren’t all of one mind so I think it’s unhealthy to start labeling people against you because of such things.

So that is why I liked that post about no longer seeing people as pro or anti but simply engaging where I see fit.

2 Likes

Balesong is lovely. But… points to the 254 posts

See what I mean?

The GilGoblin’s have got 1215 posts.

Though it’s sad. The Wildhammer got like… 135 and they’re actually getting their customizations.

There is a chance the request has gone through other formats but it seems like it’s more likely that it’s just one of the developers pet projects. who knows.

1 Like

Hurray! :purple_heart:

Finally. Sorry for missing it. I saw facial hair and then a list of beard stuff. My one Night Elf with a beard was more of a concept character. I don’t love it.

1 Like

Doesn’t matter.

What is being requested isn’t very many options to begin with and doesn’t need to have it’s thread bumped daily asking for the same thing, that just leads to pointless spam.

2 Likes

Well I guess I’m going to have to post in it lots on my 80ish 120s.

1 Like

The whole anti vs pro thing is actually nauseous, especially now that we have our confirmed new elf customization options.

This whole discussion is quite absurd tbh. I’m not even sure why people are at each others’ throats. Can’t we all just respect each other’s requests without criticisms or insults? Not that hard.

Laissez faire, guys.

9 Likes

Labels are just bad things anyways.

Surely we can all be bestestestest friends.

2 Likes

Nyet. Down with capitalism.

1 Like

Nah, the Quel’danil high elves seem to keep to themselves, and are pretty content in their isolation besides the presence of the Draenei. But they also haven’t received any real updates, so it’s hard to say. I also don’t think they are an accurate reflection of typical Alliance High elves.

I’d say this applies most to the High elves we see residing in human cities, wearing human clothes, and essentially adopting human culture. Kael’thas described traditional high elves as isolationists, who preferred to keep to themselves, and their culture, which is why he (and I’d imagine the others who remained) did not see eye-to-eye with the majority of their nation when 90% of them were content to return to Quel’thalas and live their lives in isolation under a magic bubble.

I think the Blood elves are the result of how those high elves reacted to Arthas’ attack, and aruably make up the majority of those who returned to Quel’thalas. I’d also argue they better represent traditional High elven culture, and tradition within the game far more than any High Elf group we’ve seen.

I see people confusing the idea that all modern High elves represent traditional High elves. Not Blood elves.

Yeah. Sure. If you don’t care about getting what you want.

1 Like

Interesting, blood elf female jewelry textures are missing in-game, a sign that Blizzard is changing something there.

I think you’ll be able to choose between gold and silver for all jewelry with a new setting, since there were unused silver textures in the files in previous builds.

2 Likes