New covenant? Valarjar

Yeah, i’d be pretty disappointed if they tried to walk back this part of the story. You would think the titans would believe their prime designate’s story, unless one of the titans had witnessed what happened personally.

That part is from Saga of the Valajar- that’s Odyn’s side of the story, which is probably less reliable than the titan’s account. Unless they have something against Odyn for some reason.

5 Likes

Well… his son did want to destroy all the Titans.

I have a very tin foil hat theory that Odyn isn’t actually imbued with the spirit of Aman’thul as previously said by the Titans. Odyn’s break from the other Titan Keepers mirrors Sargeras’ break from the Titans. It’s almost the same “fine, you guys won’t do what I think is best I’m going to go do it my own way.” kind of thing.

There are interesting paralells between Odyn and Sargeras. That could be enough to have the Titans look at him with suspicion.

Also where did Odyn get his two Dread Raven pets Huginn and Muninn or were they other gifts from the Shadowlands? They haven’t really explained why Odyn of all people would have dread ravens from Draenor unless he did a lot more dealing than just his eye. He has a connection to Anzu somehow.

2 Likes

This might of made a better story then the one we got.

Canonically, Yogg-Saron and his influence is mostly gone from there. In fact, there’s a theory that the reason N’zoth didn’t assault Ulduar during BfA (when he assaulted the strongholds of each of the other Old Gods) was because the Titan Keepers have it pretty much locked down and under control.

There’s a lot of evidence that Azeroth and Draenor are much closer connected then we previously thought, with signs that both Goldrinn and Hakkar both have connections to Draenor.

1 Like

The Legion pre-launch event had players go to Ulduar and while yes, the Keepers do seem largely in control Yogg-Saron was able to summon some faceless ones and whispered to us “you are a pawn of forces unseen.” M.O.T.H.E.R said that Ulduar was unresponsive when she did her scan, and Magni just dismissed it because it’s known the the Titan Keepers have it under control, that doesn’t mean everything is going without a hitch. The Legion wanted some important information from there regarding the Titans and re-origination.

I did say “mostly.”

Helya was mind controlled by Odyn to kill Vrykul women and turn them into Val’kyr against their will (while having full knowledge of what she was doing). All because she refused to do it in life, so Odyn killed her and turned her into a Val’kyr. What Loken did was free Helya from Odyns control and led a rebellion. Helya had her own motivations to lock Odyn and his cult up. Just so happened that those motives benefited Yogg-saron as well. Helya then decided to create her own army made of the unworthy. However her greed and hatred led her to command her armies to attack innocents just to gain more souls and power. As we saw in Wrath when the Kladvir attacked the Tuskaar. You even see some Tuskaar souls in Heilhiem.

Goldrinns connection to Draenor is mainly the Orcs mistaking him as their ‘wolf god spirit’. Also when did Hakkar have a connection to Draenor? Because of Seethe?

1 Like

I mean before that. Helya was turned into a val’kyr by Odyn against her will, all because he was a huge Kyrian weeb and just HAD to make his own bootleg. Helya’s not good by any stretch of the imagination, but if she’s an idiot, Odyn has absolutely no brain whatsoever.

I mean balance in the game. Four Covenants are difficult enough to maintain, and frankly, the game doesn’t need more.

Deathwing may be behind the Cataclysm, but his son nearly succeeded in handing the world over to Yogg-Saron, then getting it entirely re-originated, so his claim that only the Keepers should defend Azeroth (when arguably more of them than Aspects have ended up turning bad) doesn’t really give him a leg to stand on. Past that, the Dragon Aspects have been a huge boon since the War of the Ancients, all while Odyn went and threw a little pissy temper tantrum in his crappy knockoff Elysian Hold.

For a Prime Designate, I’d say Odyn’s done way more harm than good to his planet. Screw him, he deserves to die.

7 Likes

I doubt with the totality of my being they’ll be another Covenant.

It might make sense for there to be one storywise. But as someone who’s started over in a new Covenant twice now- it would be suicidal for Blizz to add in a new one this late in the game.

4 Likes

Honestly I would love it. I like Odyn and the keepers story it has nuance and while hes done some bad stuff he did it for good reasons.

I was really miffed in BFA they didn’t use Odyn or the other keepers more to help deal with Nzoth.

The keepers are atleast a hell of a lot more interesting than the eternals.

3 Likes

I’m still wondering where Freya was during Legion.

Thorim appears in the BM hunter artifact chain, alongside Mimiron. Thorim later appears in the warrior campaign and becomes a follower along with Hodir. If anything, Freya should’ve appeared in the druid or warrior campaigns (or both). Instead I guess Freya was too busy tending to her garden. Meanwhile the person she left to defend the Emerald Dream in her place got corrupted and killed. Or blizzard just ‘kinda forgot’ about her Dumb and Dumber style.

3 Likes

You have deathwing going crazy, creating the demon soul and almost destroying the world, Not to mention causing the rest of the dragon flights to flee during WOTA.
Malygos going Mad with most of his flight and almost killing us all.
The Red dragon flight being enslaved by the Horde and used to kill the Alliance.
Black dragon flight creating the nether drakes/ Twlight drakes.
Bronze dragon flight and nozmodu going crazy causing the infinite dragonflight shenanigans, Not to mentions causing WOD/ legion invasion.
Green dragon flight constantly getting infected by the Nightmare in the emerald dream, leaving mortals to go clean it up.

Every Dragonflight has ended up being a bad guy at some point. Hell the only original Aspect left is Alexstraza and even she has kind of given up on everything.

I think Odyn was right and the Dragon aspects ended up causing far more harm then good. Certinaly have done far more harm than what his choices caused.

Yeah freya was noticably absent, even kind hoped she might show up in the elunaria part of the Legion raid where we rescue Eonar. Considering there seemed to be similar keepers there.

However the fact that they were the original forces that sealed away the Old gods I would have expected for them to be helping fight back against Nzoth. Wasn’t that the reason Odyn was making his stormforged in the first place?

4 Likes

Depends on whether or not the jailer could have done what he did without Odyn trading away one of his eyes. That’s helped contribute to cosmic consequences.

I suppose so, but the Jailer has so far done less harm to Azeroth than the Aspects and their flights have done. Even then Its not like Odyn knew he was dealing with the Jailer, only that he had dealings with Muhezala. How was he supposed to know the two were in cahoots at the time.

Besides if his valkyr can keep souls out of the Maw, then he is actively hampering the Jailer. Probably why jailer wanted Eyir out of the way.

3 Likes

Ignoring that this is just cherry picking all of the BAD things that the dragons have done while ignoring the copious good things (keep in mind, the Keepers haven’t been immune to being bad guys or causing harm, definitely not excluding Odyn), it’s a liiiiiittle bit gross that you’d hold the enslavement, forced impregnation, and working to death of the Red Dragonflight against THEM.

But hey - Odyn seems pretty cool with enslaving people and then taking no responsibility for his misdeeds, so yeah. My point stands.

3 Likes

Cool name all the good things they have done. Cause short of cleaning up a few messes they themselves have made they haven’t really been much help the mortals.

Im not blaming them for that just stating that they ended up on the wrong side because of a powerful amulet created by one aspect to control the rest. Its not their fault but they did fight for the Horde which could have lead to the whole world being destroyed by the legion.

If they had just all stayed proto drakes the world would have been a safer place. it was simply wrong for the keepers to elevate them to aspects.

Can’t we all just agree that no matter the intentions, no matter the power or capabilities, no one’s perfect. Everyone has and will fail to do everything right 100% of the time.

8 Likes

Well for starters, if they had stayed proto-drakes, the Burning Legion probably would have won the War of the Ancients, the Qiraji would have wiped out the Kaldorei during the War of the Shifting Sands, Malfurion would have stayed trapped in the Emerald Nightmare, and the Heart of Azeroth probably wouldn’t have been powerful enough to destroy N’Zoth.

The dragons had their mistakes and their tyrants. Every race had. But if they’d stayed proto-drakes, worse would have happened. The Pantheon made a judgement call, and ultimately, they’ve safeguarded Azeroth faaaaaar more than the Prime Designate who just threw a tantrum and abandoned it.

You’re being disingenuous in your judgment.

4 Likes

Why? they fled after deathwing destroyed half their number(including the night elves forces) and didn’t help in the final battle.

Though ironically I do suppose without Deathwing creating the Demon soul they wouldn’t have been able to use it to blow up the well of eternity. So they did a good thing by trying to be bad i guess?? So just like Odyn they did a bad thing which helped out the world in the long term.

How so, he is rescued by the player, not by ysera, hell he would have likely be rescued earlier by Tyrande because he wouldn’t have had to stop Ysera. The power to create the aspects is what was used to empower the the Heart of azeroth it would have still be available to the player to obtain.

Again this isn’t an argument, your just trying to paint them as far better than they were. Odyn by extension we know Helped us fight the legion, sealed away all of the Old gods/black empire and not to mention his valkyr are the ones who bring us back on azeroth.

No, your just lacking any kind of argument and are getting defensive. I get the story likes to paint them as good guys however the actual history of the universe makes them come across as being ultimately a negative force.

1 Like

I’m talking about Stormrage.

The final battle is not the sole battle in the War of the Ancients.

You know that power’s not like… just lying around up for grabs, right? Hell, if Tyr hadn’t given it to the Aspects, the chances of it ending up in poorer hands - probably those to use against us - was higher. Instead, it ended up in the hands of people who would give it to us. Cause ultimately, that was their charge, and they followed it for the most part.

More than I can say about Odyn.

So did the Dragonflights.

The Dragonflights helped DESTROY the Black Empire permanently.

Once. To one warrior he fetishized. If we’re gonna elevate him above the dragons for that, you might as well give Alexstrasza credit for making Bolvar the Jailer of the Damned (an ultimately positive force for us).

Calling your cherrypicked events “the actual history of the universe” is not going to magically make it so.

3 Likes

Assuming he’s even using his val’kyr for that purpose, but for the sake of argument let’s say he did. But even then, he didn’t exactly have great intentions when bargaining away one of his eyeballs in the first place, given that the first thing he did with it was turn around and dominate Helya, Sylvanas-style.

While Helya’s still ultimately responsible for how she chose to take out her anger, Odyn’s the one who drove her to do it, all because he threw a fit over the notion of empowering dragons and instead yeeted off into the sky so he could host a golden frathouse.

7 Likes