New community council has Story/Lore section

Yeah I will have a hot take here and say that a video game race aesthetic or setting don’t represent me or my culture.

Crazy. I know.

7 Likes

They literally made the Afro-caribbean based guy illiterate in the most recent book

In what world

Every race is based on a combination of Real World Ethnic Heritage and Western Caricatures of that Heritage

BOTH

Using either inherently makes them a representation BECAUSE CARICATURES ARE REPRESENTATIONS OF THE THINGS THEY ARE MOCKING LMAO

that’s literally the entire point of a caricature

“You’re the real racist” arguments are banal and ridiculous.

you literally mocked this take in another post

13 Likes

May I suggest you stop engaging with these people?

They aren’t interested in the story or the contents what you say.
Some, won’t say who, but you can guess thrive on the drama they create. They make a mountain out of an ant hill.

For example in the Kalimdor book it had huge problems with depiction of the current world still seemingly stuck in cataclysm. Horde characters being baffled why Night Elves are mad and etc.
But nope. All these real issues with the game and its story are buried because apparently Lorthermar became the representative avatar of White people and Zappyboi became the avatar of visible minorities.
It is absolutely insane.

10 Likes

Small correction, it’s a he.

2 Likes

Are you Smallioz?

Cuz that is who I responded to.

This thread shows the story community is its own worse enemy.
Truly a pathetic sight, what is even sadder is the people in question think they are helping.

Yall deserve “I will never serve” narrative. This is as good as we deserve.

6 Likes

This is not true. All those things have been discussed and criticized at length, not just the Lor’themar/Zekhan bit.
Of course it isn’t the only issue with the book, but it definitely is one of them. And not just because of the ‘elf teaching illiterate troll’ stereotype, but also, as I and many others have pointed out, because it makes no sense lore-wise.
Firstly, because Zekhan is a shaman and should as such know what erosion is without needing someone to explain it to him, and secondly because he was able to write reports in Shadows Risings which takes place before the Exploring Books.

19 Likes

What is truly, deeply sad is you think the game is better off with second hand racism, pure form misogyny, repeating narrative mistakes that have failed twice already in spectacular fashion, and that anyone trying to make the gaming environment less toxic are ruining the game.

10 Likes

Lor’themar and Zekhan bit occupy 95% of the air time thanks to some people here.
Though to be fair online outlets will get better views when they put Blizzard and Racist on the headline than lore aneurysm.

I mean I get it, Baal wants to become the social justice influencer or somesuch on twitter. Hence, he keeps baiting outrage and then running to twitter to doxx other users. The bigger outrage audience he cultivates, the more effective he will become.
I meant what I said that this guy has no business taking any role in creative writing, not only because his favorite fantasy author is Terry Goodkind but because he boils down an entire people to a surface level aesthetic look that is puddle deep as their representative in that fantasy.
It blows my mind but anyway I am glad Maizou is disengaging from these trolls. Nothing good can come out of it. I wish them success.

6 Likes

You actually don’t tho. Literally your entire argument has been to willfully misinterpret anything anyone says to fit your narrative. You don’t attack their points; you attack their intentions without bothering to know those intentions. You go out of your way to attack people because you have no coherent counter-argument.

5 Likes

This is like the 8th time I see a reply under my post and it has “Alynsa” and Ignored content.
Sorry Aly while I enjoyed our talks before the incident I told you I take putting someone on ignore seriously. If these are an attempt to speak with me please know I will not be doing so as I told you previously.

Good day :slight_smile:

8 Likes

No, I’m well aware that you put me on ignore for calling out your ongoing toxicity. But just like I discuss Blizzard’s bad behavior and terrible narrative, I don’t do so expecting a response. I do so because I want those who might listen feel like they are not alone, and that contrary opinions will not be silenced. Not from a big company, and not from a small(ioz) man.

3 Likes

It sure is weird, isn’t it.

1 Like

There is the 9th :sweat_smile:

I think its just lashing out. Its not meant to be constructive.

3 Likes

And now there is ten!!

Can good boys count that high?

If you secretly crush on me, respond without responding.

I see the weird racists are out in force again. Must be a slow day in the triple K circle these days

11 Likes

They might be. Blizzard has been actively removing posts.

3 Likes

Only the ones that critique their sexist behavior it seems. We all notice what they’re doing

Nothing on this forum ever is, really, heh. Is interesting to see how and when knives come out, though.

Blizzard may take my posts!!

But they will never take!!!

MY SARCASM!!!

3 Likes