New class in 10.0? (Speculation)

Hard disagree.

“Take everything with Hit chance or Crit Chance, then grab 2 or 3 notable abilities.”

For the most part, talents were boring and uninspired.

Came here to say this. Terranox, ETC in Heroes of the storm is a parody of the Tauren Chieftan hero. Just like Muradin is a Mountain King.

No but we had WarCraft 3 heroes based on them. We don’t have a Bard Hero.

2 Likes

Bard’s aren’t about being like a hero, they are mostly about supporting the team.

You’re missing the point here; Every WoW expansion class is based on a lore hero. Blizzard simply plopping down a Bard class not based on a lore character would be a HUGE departure from their standard class designing process. Further, if Blizzard’s goal was to create a Bard class at some point, they could have easily developed a Bard hero a long time ago. Look what they did with Mekkatorque and Nathanos for example. Both are products of WoW.

The fact that Blizzard NEVER created a prominent Bard hero shows that they never had any intention to create a Bard class. Them having random music-inclined NPCs does not hint at anything other than them using it for a setting.

Just like Mechagon and all its tech stuff in of itself doesn’t signal a Tinker class. What signals a Tinker class is the Tinker hero from WC3 who is Gazlowe, which falls in line perfectly with Arthas, Chen, and Illidan as a Warcraft hero with unique concepts and abilities that can helm a class.

3 Likes

Yea they don’t have to do wc3 heroes only. They have stuck to this pattern before, but nothing says they can’t deviate from that pattern.

I just say we have seen plenty of bard hints, they have popular bard characters in other blizzard games. It isn’t like they can’t do it.

Hopefully we see more bard parodies in the game. I love music and would love a sound based class.

Nothing says they CANT.

But considering we’re 17 years into this game, and EVERY SINGLE CLASS has abilities taken directly from WC3. I assume they’re gonna stick to it.

The game is called “World Of Warcraft” after all.

I mean. Look at Demon Hunter, it’s practically a carbon Copy.
Fast moving: check
Evading attacks. Check
Immolation Aura, Check.
Ways to disrupt and suppress enemy magic users. Check.
Transforms into a giant demon. Check.
They even get a mana burn ability as a war mode talent.

Yea they don’t have to do wc3 heroes only. They have stuck to this pattern before, but nothing says they can’t deviate from that pattern.

No, it isn’t that they’ve stuck to this pattern before, they’ve stuck to this pattern ONLY.

Again, look at your own posts here; You’re bringing in wildly different concepts to justify a link. ETC, Winslow Swan, and Lady La-La have NOTHING to do with other. Meanwhile if you look at DKs, Monks, and DHs, they come from very concise and cohesive concepts.

That is a good thing. We don’t need something like pandaren monks taking all the identity of a new class. There were other monk cultures and other races from different planets that were monks and they tied it soley to pandaren culture.

We do not need to limit classes like that.

Looking at bards from a cosmic level it seems many races already have songstresses. Just gotta make a kit based off it. Like priests/shamans they could also link certain spells to certain race fantasies. For example hex for shamans was a troll thing that got incorporated into the class. The spirits was an orc thing, and it was a nice coincident that orcs and trolls had similar magics when originating from different planets and have similar enough spells that they decided to have a cultural identity merge.

We do not need classes soley based on heroes. It hurt the monk fantasy tying it so much to pandaren culture, when you had stuff like Vrykul monks eventually introduced, there own brewmasters.

I think hit rating was actually amazing. It forced you to juggle around one primary hard cap all expansion, while finding ways to gear around that hit chance with your BIS stats. It made it so that early in the expansion, your secondary stats weren’t ultra inflated, and over the course of the expansion you had higher secondaries through better gear and less hit requirement. These days they just artificially weaken you through content scaling which feels like trash.

As far as talents go, the choices are uninspired now. Most talents never see use in any content. There’s really not much choice. At least with the older builds of talent trees I could spec into a secondary skill tree for more damage, heals, survival etc. It’s an MMORPG, not a MOBA. I feel like we just have lame 1 click talent builds which don’t feel great.

Thematically consistent classes are a good thing, IMHO.

It’s why I feel there’s thematic inconsistencies on the topic of Tinker.
WoW has entire zones, cultures, races, heroes, and even Racial leaders dedicated to tinkers and technology. And none of the classes fit that fantasy.

Hit chance is a terrible stat in most RPGS. If hit chance is a problem. Then every other stat becomes practically meaningless compared to hit chance.
Hit chance being something you use your talents to fix is even worse.

Talents are supposed to make your character feel specialized. But talenting into hit chance doesn’t feel special at all.

1 Like

That is a good thing. We don’t need something like pandaren monks taking all the identity of a new class. There were other monk cultures and other races from different planets that were monks and they tied it soley to pandaren culture.

We do not need to limit classes like that.

This is an opinion man. Alternatively, you could argue that making the Monk pandaren-based makes it a uniquely Blizzard concept that in turn makes it an easier fit for the game. Further, Chen and the Pandaren had a built in fan base from WC3. They were in fact the most demanded race leading up to MoP. Thus, if you’re Blizzard, do you make a generic monk class, or do you make a monk class based on a popular WC character based on the most wanted playable race?

Same thing with Illidan and Demon Hunters versus a generic demonic swordsman. Do you bring in Demon Hunters, probably the most wanted WC class of all time, or do you bring in some random swordsman class with demonic abilities?

Seems like a no-brainer right? Which is why it would be odd for them to suddenly add a Bard class when they have done nothing to bring it to the forefront of WoW. We don’t even have unique abilities for this class concept.

Zereth Mortis is introducing a whole new race of mechanical beings that communicate with sound? Sorta sounds like music. Enough basis to make a cosmic magic sort of bard using first one’s language maybe to do cool things?

I am merely seeing that bard is a heavily requested class, has been asked for in blizzcons, is something blizzard said they were interested in.

And I have noticed tons of new bard characters, next zone will have beings with a musical language that we have to decipher? I guess I am putting those hints and past patterns to suggest bards as an appropriate guess.

Would I be fine with tinker or dark ranger? Yes of course, I would have thought dark rangers be something we got in BFA or this expansion. That is dead in the water.

Right now bards and tinkers seem like the most likely. Tinkers can borrow alot from overwatch imo. And bards would be something fresh and new, the support aspect would be interesting. I would also like to mention that they have been developing a dance game for darkmoon faire, so it’s all connected hint wise for bards.

Same way they hinted at allied race in Legion, and they hinted at bfa with the Azsuna quests.

We’re arguing 20~ years of history here, versus a zone that isn’t even out yet.

Tell you what Terranox. After Shadowlands. If they EVER reference Zereth Mortis ever again. Maybe you’ll have something to stand on

They also mention different zereths from different worlds. Mortis means death guess what the other Zereth’s are about.

Hit chance didn’t scale. So once you got your hit stats as long as you had X hit you were good all expansion. It was better than the constant scaling and tuning they do every patch. I didn’t mind it. Also helped you prioritize as an OFF DPS like a healer. You could take more spirit for pure heals, or cap your hit to help pump.

Getting new classes is nice I guess. I fall into the trap of thinking “let blizzz focus on current classes” but really they can/should be able to do both.

1 Like

I agree wholeheartedly.

Actually, I have a bit of a hot take.
I think expansions where we DO get new classes are frequently the best for class design.

Wrath gave us a new class. It’s also when the game was evidently at its peak. Not to mention, talent trees were considered to be incredible.

MoP gave us a new class and is widely regarded as having some of the best class balance and design.

Legion gave us a new class, and saw every single specialization get individual focus on fantasy and feel.

I think when blizzard adds new classes, they stop to make sure other classes don’t feel left out.

5 Likes

Where did Blizzard say they were interested in creating this class? Bards as a concept doesn’t even work with the basic design philosophy of “bring the player not the class”. In other words, Blizzard has completely removed the possibility of a class to be a support/buff type that you typically see with Bards and Dancers.

More than likely, a Tinker would be heavily geared to be similar to what you see with the hero units from WC3 and HotS, just like DKs, Monks, and DHs who also closely resemble their RTS/MOBA incarnation ability and design-wise.

I really didn’t mean to get people arguing about bards. I just like the character from the Netflix series The Witcher and think he should have a role in dungeons.

It has been asked for in various blizzcon qas. And more and more bard stuff has released over the years. They are building up bard stuff in game in minor ways. I wouldnt be suprised if they reveal it eventually. Before those QAs you didn’t see much bard stuff.

And the support aspect would be a part of there kit, not there whole thing. It could be for example a spell that does different things depending on who its cast on like penance. If cast on enemies it damages them, if cast on allies it buffs there attacks.