New Class Idea: Dark Paladin/Void Paladin

Void Elves weren’t really pulled from thin air.

Races infused with the void has literally existed since TBC, which also implied the existence of elf void infusion through a Tempest Keep boss that was a Void using Elf that transforms into a Voidwalker. TBC also mentions that some elves were consuming Void energy.

Tauren have been praising the sun for thousands of years.

You could just flag him for trolling. Or spam. Both are applicable to inflammatory tripe.

If we get void knights this’ll happen guys : <

Dark Paladins are just called Paladouts.

1 Like

I think it’d be cool to take it a step further and introduce paladin orders.
Have different groups that follow different cosmic forces but have the same main goals/ideals in common and even work together.
Church of the Holy Light would be the current light focused paladins.

Order of the Silver Moon/Dark Eclipse, something catchy, have silvery and/or eclipse based visuals…worshippers of Elune. Night Elves, Worgen, Night Elven Worgen, Naga…

Order of the Eternal Shadow/Void something like that…counterpart to Shadow Priests…undead, void elves

Some Solar themed options for Sunwalkers.

Worshippers of the Titan Pantheon with Arcane themed abilities

Fiery based visuals for Dark Iron…I want to play mine as a zealot of Ragnaros. I love that Heartstone Paladin card for him…make it a real thing.

Fel corrupted paladins like Tyrant Velhari…perhaps as an option for playable Man’ari

Maybe a techno based group for gnomes

Prelate of Rezan could be the current Zandalari…a Prelate of Bwonsamdi would be fun.

Certain races start default as a certain order with questline to change to a desired one. Perhaps a few races locked out from certain ones like Lightforged can’t go Void Paladin…Void Elves can’t go Holy Light.

All of the orders banding together to fight world ending threats, alter the name of the Silver hand to be more inclusive…Orders of the Silver Hand.

There’s lots of fun options that could be done/added.

Same could be done to other classes… just another layer of customization.
More variety in playing multiples of the same class.

I’d quite like to see a void knight but I wouldn’t mind void themed abilities for paladins as well. Could play as different as a death knight does compared to a paladin but both have void themed abilities. If a void based paladin was sticking to the same ideals/goals it’d still be a paladin but just wielding void visuals…where a void Knight could more fully embrace the void and become an armored aberration casting spells like we saw added in the last expansion.

Pfft…Ethereal Void Paladin…you know you wanna :wink:

The night elves have very martial priests…the lack of paladins makes no sense.

I wouldn’t even be against death themed visuals for a paladin. I think it’d be pretty sweet if you could make a Zandalari with those skeletal troll war paints and be a follower of Bwonsamdi as your loa and mete Justice. Be a pretty cool option for undead as well.
I mean heck, you could even go the route of the 4 different spell visuals we currently have for the covenants, they’re all death based.

definitely…should be an option for Worgen as well. I’d also like to see Night Elven Worgen added and same for them.

Also been paladins working with the Twilight’s Hammer, and it’s a bit jarring to see them dishing out Light based visuals while serving old gods.

1 Like

I would LOVE a Bwonsamdi-themed Paladin!

It’d rock.

Which is why multiple horde races have paladins despite them not being actually paladins?

Gatekeeping classes.
lol