New class color is bad

wondering why the color for the new class is so similar with the monk class, why not use a different color like for example black, would be unique and not similar to other class color

13 Likes

Out of curiosity - where’d you find this out?

Here

4 Likes

its on mmo champion
https://www.mmo-champion.com/content/

Blizzard posted it on the forums earlier. It’s also on Wowhead.

The colour is like the monk colour but darker.

I like the colour myself but some folks have pointed out possible issues with it. Like it looking like a monk that is out of range, for example.

4 Likes

I don’t understand the obsession with using similar colors. First it’s using similar colors in fights, e.g. “Move out of that light purple swirly on that slightly-less-light-purple floor!” in numerous dungeons/raids, and now this.

1 Like

It’s tough. As a designer, I can tell you having a color that contrasts on light and dark backgrounds is difficult, and they’ve already used honestly everything. The colors going forward are just brightness or saturation variations of others. There’s not many other places to go in the hue.

Edit: I do think they could have also used a coral color, or charcoal. Both would have worked, too. Monk and Evoker might look a little too similar when glancing, but I’m sure players will adapt in time.

13 Likes

I was just about to say something like this. I’ve been seeing people complain left and right about this. There’s only so many colors/tints they can use before it’s all just too similar.

3 Likes

As someone who uses RP add-ons and sees people use dark colors like black, it is incredibly frustrating to read their names. I just give up and don’t try.

6 Likes

Personally, I like teal, teal is a great colour!

6 Likes

I was hoping for some reddish color, but I’ll live

3 Likes

Indeed you will. You’re very brave.

1 Like

Hold on a second, I’m dead!

4 Likes

They did say they were adding a lot of work in the UI so maybe it’s customizable to some extent. When I used healbot everyone was green and it didn’t bother me. I don’t need to see what color a class is to heal them.

Not sure it’s that big of a deal?

2 Likes

Think it deals with green/green variations being more common of color people are colorblind to. Could be wrong but I think thats why people have concerns

Charcoal is already used for offline players.

1 Like

People who are colorblind are going to have a great degree of difficulty with most of the class colors as is.

1 Like

Well not if its more part colorblindness. Isn’t red/green typcially the most common?

1 Like

I knew forums liked to complain a lot but this? This does put a smile on my face…

3 Likes

There are different kinds. Red-green is one. THere’s also blue-yellow, and flat out near shades of gray only.