New Class and Race Next Expansion?

I think it’s time to bring Ogres to the horde personally. There’s a list of alliance races they could add, but I think cenarion/dryad race could easily be one of them. I used to chat with Mortis about ways they could make that work.

So if anyone at blizzard is reading this: Ogres and Cenarions plz :pleading_face:

(This game in its current state does not need any new classes right now lol…but if they stopped with systems and focused on said class, i think they could pull it off).

4 Likes

I just want playable Ogres for Horde.

5 Likes

I never can get this line of reasoning, when Warcraft has always been a high fantasy setting. Heck the very first race added to Alliance post launch was a completely new alien race that ended up retconning the lore. But people draw the line with smol fox people and the natural progression of gnomish engineering, and sometimes pandas.

I will admit that all the allied races, besides Vulpera, really didn’t need to be separate races. Could of easily been extended customisation for base races.

Restructuring their work place ethics should not come at the expense of monthly paying consumers.

2 Likes

OGRES!

The give the Alliance another diaper gnome with a horse mount

1 Like

We can look forward to Ashes of Creation,

I do and while I feel for you guys when it comes to Mechagnomes but vulpera are very popular and that’s really the only reason they need.

They had problems balancing classes in Classic and TBC but that didn’t stop them in Wrath.

They had problems in Wrath and Cata but that didn’t stop them in MoP.

They had problems in MoP and WoD but that didn’t stop them in Legion.

This has never been a valid argument.

Anyways, I hope they give saberon as an allied race and ogres/half ogres as a new race to the Horde.

1 Like

This is a fantastic point. Also, Blizzard should be able to do both at the same time. Balance is a constant affair. Complaining that it isn’t absolutely perfect shouldn’t be an excuse to deny the playerbase actual content.

I’ve never understood or agreed with the “must balance before we get new content” crowd.

1 Like

I’d love to see both a new class and new races, but I really don’t know what to expect for future expansions.

New classes I feel like the chances are a bit low. They require a lot more work than new races, as well as more of a headache in the future for balancing. Not to mention having to do something with previous expansions, such as Legion since new classes wouldn’t exist there and thus no order hall for them. Much as I’d love to see new classes, I don’t really expect any in the near future.

However, class skins would be pretty neat. Something like Necromancers, my current most wanted class, as a skin for Warlocks could work very well and be a reasonable compromise. Same balancing, just a different theme and looks. It isn’t perfect, and likely will have some challenges to implement, but it’s better than not getting any new classes, provided what is done is reasonable IMO.

As for new races, I do think they’re still in the cards for future expansions, and it’s something I hope to see more of. They bring a lot of marketing hype and also help generate revenue for services, such as race changes and level boosts.

Not to mention the new character creation screen has plenty of room for new races:

Allied races were a pretty big deal in BfA. While I don’t expect to see 10+ new races in another expansion, I would say that adding races people have been asking for a long time would help to keep people interested in the game. Some potential races are those that have been long overdue and already part of their respective faction (Ogres for the Horde) while several NPC races would make for great playable races with a more fleshed out lore and potential storylines in the future.

As for races I personally want to see, I’ll just post my “Horde Triforce of Hope!™” for my most wanted races I want to see as playable Horde races:

:small_red_triangle::crocodile: Courage! (Saurok)

:small_red_triangle::bat: Wisdom! (San’layn)

:small_red_triangle::japanese_ogre: Power! (Ogres)

However, it remains to be seen what the next expansion will be and what it will consist of. Still, I do hope to see more new races in the near future, as I feel more options for character creation is a good thing. We’ll see what happens, I guess.

1 Like

As if the other races make a lot of sense and weren’t just randomly put in, it’s a fantasy game with an expanding story for a reason, I know it’s the meme to hate on these 2 races but at least make it logical

1 Like

May I suggest a fox like race and a shadowzerker
Class

Would prefer no new races are classes, but if they insisted on adding another class it needs to be a mail wearer for the love of god.

Before we get new races, can we please have:
Taunka and Frost Dwarf customizations.

After that, give “regular” orcs options for their TBC Maghar counterparts (I honestly don’t know why we had to reopen a “shut and locked” portal for a new race) and give “regular” draenei some Broken options.

LFD, Kultirans, Nightborn could use more options. Maybe HMT, too? I haven’t really looked at them much.

As for new classes…
Im on the bandwagon of “Blizz cant keep the current classes/specs balanced enough, why add more?” If anything is added, I wouldnt mind seeing DH get a ranged DPS spec, as they’re the only class with 2 options. And maybe rework Enchancement shamans as a tank spec (or make it lean towards air element styled spells/combat and make a fourth tank spec based on earth spells).

still waiting on ogres…

3 Likes

ps should have had the necromancer class this expansion

2 Likes

I think it’s more that balancing 36 specs, plus conduits, soulbinds, legendaries against Raid, M+, PvP and world content is just an impossible task.
How many unique builds do you think there are? 21 talents in each spec, 11 rows of soulbinds, 3 possible soulbind trees, all the conduits, a dozen legendaries to choose from…
Probably millions of combinations… how can they realistically test all the possible builds?

I would rather they do player housing (note: I don’t care to play house in WoW tbh) than add a new class. They’ll just screw it up somehow. Housing would probably be easier but idk I’m not a game dev.

I’m hoping for new races, classes, heritage armor/weapons and more racial customization.

I would also like to see race restricted glyphs to enhance racial class distinction. As an example, a Gnome Warrior could use a Rocket Boost glyph for Heroic Leap, giving the visual and sound of rockets igniting under their feet, to propel them in the air or a Void Elf Priest getting some kind of Void form themed gyph (tentacle and eyes) to change their Shadowform.

1 Like

I think they need to uplift the requirements on the allied races for new players, and not make a new race. They need to fix classes but I wouldn’t say no to a new one. We need one since it’s been since legion of getting one. But I just don’t know what class could be the theme of the next expansion if it’s going to be the light vs void.

I would love a samurai in the spiritual “spirit-of-the-sword” sense of FFT Samurai. I’m not super pleased with the FFXIV version.

1 Like

Yes, in 10.0 they will introduce even MORE systems! And a 6th inventory bag to hold all the system items! It will be great!