New cinematic trailer just dropped

Where is the version with crabs instead of spiders?

The paladin looking lady looks like the Priest from Diablo 4

1 Like

Ok so we learned…
Small dwarf make big hammer boom boom.
One armed one eyed person can put on armor.
Creepy troll erotic belly dances in the dark like no one’s watching.
And spider people have interesting cooking methods.

Where’s the hype material of olden days?

9 Likes

Thanks. Was pleased with how it turned out. There aren’t really any good weapon transmogs for the summer theme tho, unless you can equip the super soaker gun.

And you know, possessing a dead body :wink:

The worst cinematic out of all I’ve seen. The only cool part was the nerubian.

7 Likes

I agree. I didn’t feel anything after watching this cinematic. There were no emotional moments, it was all atmosphere. No story elements, no memorable lines…Blizz has lost it.

7 Likes

To all intents and purposes, it functions as a prosthetic left arm that only holds a shield.

It’s every bit as realistic as me flying through the skies on a jet-powered surfboard. Which is to say, not very, but we’re just gonna roll along with it anyway.

What exactly were they trying to convey? I felt no pressure, no fear, nothing; what was I supposed to feel? The “war” within seems to not be very important or dangerous.

4 Likes

Dwarf parts? Kino.
One armed wonder? Cringe.
Spastic Avatar ripoff? Funny.
Xal’atath? Still can’t unsee the jaw comparison to WC3 Arthas.
Weird spider queen thing? Would.

3 Likes

What a mid cinematic lol.

5 Likes

Visually it’s very pretty but it doesn’t tell me a lot… which is kind of good lol. I’m not a huge fan of modern movie trailers that show the entire plot.

:cookie:

2 Likes

I didn’t like it. But I think the goal of this cinematic is to bring in more players and has a different kind of appeal

The best bits of the cinematic was the dancing troll. Other than that? Meh.

1 Like

I don’t think this cinematic is going to garner interest from any new players. I don’t even think it’s going to hype up former players.

At first I thought this was just some one-off thing that wasn’t going to be the main cinematic for the expansion (kind of like Dragonflight’s little cinematic of people raciing on dragons, or Shadowlands little cinematic showing the different covenants). This felt like it belonged with that caliber.

But if this is the main launch cinematic for the expansion? I think it ranks squarely at the bottom. That doesn’t mean the expansion itself won’t be better than a number of other expansions. Some really good cinematics have been paired with terrible expansions. But when I think of any other expansion’s main cinematic, they are all better than this War Within one.

Vanilla, TBC, WotLK, Cata, MoP, WoD, Legion, BFA, Shadowlands. Even Dragonflight.

4 Likes

those are your primary rep factions - stone dwarfs, arathi and harronir… you will see them alot and take alot of quests from them there are secondary reps also. the cinematic is a broad overview of the domain and its leaders.

Wrong, just like every man should be a giant piece of muscle bound meat.

Jokes aside, truth.

Thought the trailer and the Characters looked great. The music was also fantastic. Blizz does a fantastic job overall with these cinematic trailers.

My man…we may have disagreements on garments and what have you, but this is solid. Respect.

1 Like

Isn’t this all just previously released clips mashed together in a different order?

This style of focusing on individual characters in their home environments feels a bit like a moba trailer introducing a new set of buyable characters.

(Also a bit of a throwback to the vanilla trailer race introductions?)