New character help

Ok, so I just got my boomy to 60. I’ve heard of people gearing their alts quickly, and honestly i got about 15 hours to play a week. The character is Knavabear. I purchased all the pvp gear for slot, upgraded what I could, and was working on my cov last night. I’m renown 11 and need to open up soulbinds all that stuff.

Edit: I just remembered I am going to try to do any YOLO RBGs I can today to get a vault or something.

What would your next step be to gear as quickly as possible?

I was thinking of taking tonight and doing cov story line to open everything up. If i have time torghast for soul ash, and/or YOLO RBGs.

What would you recommend I do when you hit 60 and have a full honor set w/o all your cov stuff opened up yet?

Why do you hate yourself so much?

please stay on topic… No I’m just kidding, I don’t know why i’m looking for this punishment. I think it’s because I don’t enjoy my WW monk as much as I probably should, but it’s given me the DPS itch. I couldn’t find any good ointment at Walgreens for it.

Have you tried praying it away? Nothing beats an itch like zealous dedication to the Naaru!

I even use dispel on any character that allows it and no luck including my priest. I did get to all my gear upgraded to 164 or whatever it is, renown 15 I think, didn’t get any conduits from plaguefall though, and not high ilvl enough to do raids yet.

Every Yolo group declined me even low gear 0 cr groups, which is actually exactly what I am. So no vault for this week.

My goal tonight is to focus on either getting torghast done, doing EBGs (or bgs if there’s a quest) to upgrade gear, and continue to do plaguefall for my conduits. Lastly continue to try and do RBGs if I can get into a group.

Have you tried just making yolo groups of your own and calling them ‘Yolo for cap’ Bet a ton would join.

1 Like

I have, and I will when I get closer to getting all the pve stuff done. I didn’t really want to start a LFG group and sit in a raid for an extended period of time that won’t allow me to also be queue’d for Plaguefall or other items… I’m probably overthinking this, but I will make sure I do what I can for a vault slot or 3 this week.

Edit: I realized I missed a big portion of answering your question. I’ve realized while doing my monk that those groups usually get DPS really fast, but still require time to wait on healers or a tank. I am working on making my druid guardian off spec to help w/ the tank portion, but part of doing RBGs at low lvl is also learning your class you plan on playing. So eitherway I didn’t want to start an LFG (when I have pve stuff to do) while I wait on a healer, 2 or 3 to join.

EDIT EDIT: I do think it’s funny how there are people out there like “gearing alts is easy” and yet not a single word of advice from them. Kekw I know this is a reply to you, but this is not aimed at you at all (no sarcasm).