New Cancelaura functionality

I know most people probably like that you can hit the button twice to cancel the aura… but it messes me up with aspect of the turtle on my hunter. is there a way to disable that functionality?

Not that I’m aware of.

I think what you’re talking about is this:
either you have a macro like this on your action bar

#showtooltip
/cast Aspect of the Turtle

or just have the ability on your action bar directly.

If you get happy fingers (hit the button repeatedly in the excitement of the moment), the first happy finger turns on aspect of the turtle and the second happy finger (now unhappy) turns it off.

It may be new to aspect of the turtle (I don’t remember turtle having this ability), but its been in the game for a while, like with Mage’s Ice Block and Invisibility and Hunter’s Camouflage

To prevent that second activation from turning off the ability you add a “!” before the spell.

#showtooltip
/cast !Aspect of the Turtle

Now you can’t accidentally turn off turtle with a happy finger. You either right-click the buff manually in the buff area to turn it off, or you use a macro like this:

#showtooltip
/cast [mod]Aspect of the Turtle;!Aspect of the Turtle

or like this:

#showtooltip
/cancelaura [mod] Aspect of the Turtle

If you hold down a modifier (mod) key: ctrl, alt, shift – assuming those aren’t used in a keybinding (keybinding>>macro with keybinding eating the mod key), you will turn off Aspect of the turtle.

Unless its not on already, in which case you turn it on.

And just a friendly reminder to everyone playing Hunters, Hug your turtle.

2 Likes
/use [mod:Ctrl] Aspect of the Turtle;!Aspect of the Turtle` 

does not cancel Turtle when pressing Ctrl.

/cancelaura [mod:ctrl] Aspect of the Turtle

does not cancel Turtle when pressing Ctrl.

To quote myself,

Ctrl-1 to 0 is the default keybinding for pet abilities. Even if you don’t have a pet out or playing a class that can’t use pets, those keybindings are active and “eat” the modifier keeping it from the macro.

Shift-1 to 6 is the default keybinding for action bar switching.

If you want to use those modifiers in the macro you’ll need to unbind the Ctrl-nbr or Shift-nbr from whatever its currently keybound to.

Alt-anything is generally not keybound in WoW but Alt-Tab and Alt-ESC and a few other Alt-things are Windows keybindings and you’ll need to change keyboard settings outside of wow to prevent those from doing unwanted things.

EDIT: Now go hug a turtle.

1 Like

my turtle is on F2. so no conflict.

i actuailly found a really awesome solution in keybinding the cancelaura to kill command. :slight_smile:

Is it a problem if I make it into a nice, tasty bowl of soup first?

Hug then chop then soup

/cancelaura Aspect of the Turtle
/cast Aspect of the Turtle

Works fine.

for most that would be fine damarius, yeah, but i like building accidental button mashing into my macros. now if i spam my macro, i do not accidentally cancel my own macro.