New Blizzard MMO

I’m hearing rumours that BFA is the last expansion and that Blizzard has a new MMO in the works, is there any substance to these rumours ?

4 Likes

Probably not.

14 Likes

As long as they can make money wow will be here. Classic is not a different game. It is for an alt basically. Blizz also has other games, but wow is still here.

3 Likes

Even if this rumor could possibly be true could you imagine a new mmorpg made by Blizzard after seeing the direction of BfA? It wouldn’t get very far.

32 Likes

This.

WoW is a nightmare in its current form.

23 Likes

Yeah its called, The Rebirth of Sargaras : Nostalgia Release.

5 Likes

People have been making these rumors for years. It’s on par with the whole, “WoW is dying!” or, “[insert x new MMO] is going to be the WoW killer!”

We all need to face the facts. The only thing that’s going to kill WoW is Blizzard itself. They’re doing a damned good job of it currently, but I highly doubt BFA will be their last expansion … especially given all the PR they’re getting right now with Classic. It’s bringing people out of the woodwork, who’re also dabbling in current content.

This is not to say the sub numbers are screaming, far from it. It’s more to say it’s fluctuating and could potentially go either way. Only time will tell, but I’d take anything you read/hear about WoW being dead with a grain of salt until you see a legitimate source.

10 Likes

The thing is Classic has the potential and the ability to be the WoW killer.
Just some food for thought. It probably won’t happen, but it could, which is interesting.

2 Likes

It definitely could be true

1 Like

I believe it was stated at one point (maybe in one of the Q&A sessions?) that there are at least three more expansions planned after BfA, so no, BfA is not the last expansion of WoW.

1 Like

Why would they have a level squish if it were the last expansion? Why would the Legion team have dibs on class and talent changes after BFA?

3 Likes

Source please. The only published rumors was they canceled a SC shooter to focus on a D4 and OW PvE game.

1 Like

OP is misguided. This news is years old. Blizzard WAS working on an MMO to kill WoW. The project was cancelled and art assets re-used for Overwatch.

2 Likes

One can tell just from the Azerite system and overall game mechanics of BfA (mostly watered down and recycled) + the massive layoffs at Blizzard regarding World of Warcraft, that the company has its developers working on something else.

1 Like
4 Likes

Think you need to fire whom ever you’er get your info from.

2 Likes

If there’s any substance to those rumors… it’s a controlled substance.

If you catch my meaning. :wink:

3 Likes

Imo. They’ll release 9.0 as the final official expansion and maintain both Classic and retail with a small team of developers as long as it is profitable. New expansions for either might be introduced but they’ll be small and take longer.

The main team will be moved to either Diablo 4 as the new big MMO or it’ll be something new altogether. They’ll probably try to push cross platform on PS4, Xbox, and PC.

My dream is alternate universe WoW with different outcomes of storylines, but that I’d be happy with just a whole new concept altogether

2 Likes

No!

No, there isn’t. Dunno where you heard said rumors either because I have heard and seen nothing of the sort anywhere.