New Battle Net App Sucks

I agree. Visually it’s a huge downgrade. I thought it was fine before…

11 Likes

It is not just a matter of change, this thing looks absolutely AWFUL.

11 Likes

It finally updated for me. Honestly, I wasn’t impressed much. Nothing really jumped out and screamed “woo hoo new layout!”

3 Likes

100% agree the new one is kind of trash. The game list at the top is silly when most people play with multi monitor setup so having it at the Side was much better. The “chats and groups” tab opening up a whole new window is also realy bad. What was wrong with the social tab so you dont need multiple windows open? Also can confidently say any wow news i get is from Wowhead not blizzard so a giant news pan to scroll through on the launcher is kinda of pointless.

I think we want the old version back, but we do

6 Likes

I like it. I do wish the game i ons were presented differently though. Also, the Play button should be able to saying Launching and Playing. Other than that I dont mind it.

I think the app now looks like literally EVERY other launcher in existence now.

Metro themed with a gray background.

Let’s not get into how they could have improved it with stuff like maybe having options for pop outs or size changes to for the friends list. IDK metro style was cool like 8 years ago when it came out like 8 years ago

5 Likes

I agree I think it looks dumb. Like the JAILER designed it.

6 Likes

I find the new launcher often gets stuck connecting, and there doesn’t seem to be a way to get it to stop and try again from scratch. I find I have to relaunch the launcher, and it’s really annoying.

And launching the exe directly isn’t an option. I use a long, random password and I don’t have it memorized.

2 Likes

I don’t hate it; fundamentally, it’s still the same thing. Basically. I had no special love for the old one, either. Having said that…

• It’s XBOX HUGE. I immediately went looking for a way to downsize the font/icons, remove elements, etc… no such options to be found.
  • It’s slow. The old one wasn’t exactly snappy either, but I’m seriously impressed by how sluggish the new one feels. It’s significantly slower.
  • Not being able to undock, hide, collapse, or do something with the friend list is obnoxious. That’s information I don’t need to see all the time. Go away.
  • Spawning new windows when I do want to chat seems like a step backwards, compared to the old tabbed method.
  • Again, it’s HUGE, even at the minimum size I can make it, it still takes up more than 50% of my screen at 1080p…

I do like that I can remove unwanted games from the list. That’s a positive change. But overall, using this new version is relatively unpleasant. I might just stop using it, and launch the game directly.

2 Likes

It is slower to load now due to the many graphics and links on it. It’s not so much that it annoys me really but I have noticed it.

On the minimised view, you can grab the sides and make it more narrow, though it doesnt remove or hide anything really.

1 Like

What’s there to suck, honestly? There’s so little to the darn thing, what’s the problem? Lol There’s games, there’s news on games.

If you hate it now, you’re really going to hate it when they add actual functionality and community features. And boy, you’d hate the original Battle.net where there was a whole catalog of channels and people were (gasp) interacting.

Loading: I just timed it… the launcher loads in exactly 7 seconds for me; all graphics, etc. It’s ready to fire up a game in 7 seconds. Is it CPU intensive to start? Maybe. Booting up, it utilized 12% of my i7 7700k for the 7 seconds, then dropped to 0% and used approximately 200 MB of RAM to stay up.

Screen space: Minimized to its smaller iteration, it takes up approximately 25% screen space on my 24" monitor in 1080p.

I don’t really use it to do anything other than to launch blizzard games and off and on see if theres news about said games.

So for me it’s an improvement if for no other reason then the games list can show only blizzard games on the top and not show any of the ever increasing number of activision games they have been stuffing into the bnet launcher.

1 Like

it does. just looks like they wanted more real estate to sell you stuff :wink:

3 Likes

This new Launcher makes it extremely difficult to update patches as well and gives me imaginary errors. I am stuck on version 9.0.2 without the capability to update to 9.0.5 thus, it keeps me from being able to play.

This new version is bad all around.

1 Like