New Battle Net App Sucks

I just really need to tell the world that I hate the new battle net desktop launcher app.

Things like this make me realize how much I hate change.

Yuck

26 Likes

Does the Play button not work?

2 Likes
  • People don’t like “news applets” apparently.
  • They want to hide their friends list.

These are the most common gripes I’ve heard about the new launcher. The alternative is to launch the game straight off the .exe and only use the launcher when you know there’s been an update that the game client needs.

Well, it doesn’t say “Playing” like it used to, so if it’s slow to load for you, you can’t be completely certain.

I dunno, been using it since I got access to the beta; I quite like it, more room for news, and prioritizes my friends list.

I don’t really have any Activision games but they clearly took some inspiration from Steam to make the library a bit more impactful compared to the previous version.

2 Likes

Wait are we talking about the launcher, or did they change the B.Net mobile app? Now I’m confused.

I’m personally complaining about the launcher.

Please tell me the a retro option to go back to the old one. it worked just fine and needed no changes what so ever. either give me option to hide all the extra garbage or give me the old one back

8 Likes

I want to hide everything except the play button. All the news, the friend list the social tab everything

12 Likes

They getting things ready for the mobile launches.

1 Like

Mine hasn’t been updated. So either I am missing something, or it is taking its sweet sweet time to make me update.

It is completely fine. The people that don’t like it or the same people that have ordered the same crap from McDonald’s for 20 years - and you better not find any pickles on there!

/yawn

1 Like

I guess Blizz is only rolling this out to a subset of the players in case of bugs or complaints. I got a prompt to update and it didn’t seem to change anything.

I really just want a friends chat with a “play” button on the bottom.
I already pay the sub, why do I need to watch ads or open multiple windows?

The launcher page that opens currently has 4 links that take you to the store, and 1 that launches the actual game.

Blizzard, please stop finding new ways to disappoint me! Every week its something new.

7 Likes

if i knew it would change on me i would never
have let it update

3 Likes

Well let us have our no pickles or give us the ability to hide all the extra bull crap

5 Likes

I really liked having a small friends list box on a different screen. They should give the option to move that independently. Other than that it’s fine, they can make whatever changes they want.

P.S. If you guys resize it. All the “bullhucky” is not in your face. Even seems less in your face actually, and I don’t remember being able to pause the animations in the other launcher (correct me if I’m wrong). So this might actually be a lot nicer. If they make that one change I said before. Mess around with it before you get angry folks! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Exactly let me change it minimalize things close things. Preferably the only thing i want to see is a play button with a drop down game list and NOTHING else

6 Likes

I agree, but sometimes I think I just live in a different world than the tech industry. As a 42 year old who has been using PCs for 23 years I just have an intense dislike for bloat. I don’t need this particular launcher to do anything but launch and update my games. Anything else is wasting resources. In a vacuum it’s not that big a deal, but when you add it to everything else it’s become ridiculous. Every program wants to be my chat and friends list, but if I’m using Discord I don’t need that for Blizzard, Steam, Uplay, Rockstar, EA, etc. No wonder my headset gets confused sometimes.

And the news sections are also largely useless to me, because all the web features of programs like these seem inherently slower than just using an actual web browser to look at current events. I already look up news and discussions for games I’m currently playing while I’m having my coffee, it doesn’t need to be shoved in my face repeatedly every time I want to play.

9 Likes

I previously used the right-click -> Friends option on the tray icon. I run the battle.net friends list on a non-gaming computer to see when people jump on and what they are doing. If I see someone playing, and I want to jump in, I go over to my game computer and play.

tl;dr I used to keep JUST the friends list open at the edge of one of my screens all the time on a non-gaming computer, but I can no longer do that.

EDIT: Yes, I can still keep it up with windows (browsers) in front of the rest of the app. but as soon as I double click a name and open a chat the entire app comes to the foreground covering up what I was previously doing.

1 Like