New Balance Druid update

I’m sure perspectives vary based on the content you play. As someone who mostly does m+, all of it looks bad.

They basically turned it into ele shaman, but with the extra convoluted eclipse system plus huge ramp up time of having to dot all the trash in order for the new mastery not to be a wasted stat. For the typical player doing typical key levels, the trash will be dead before moonkin even starts casting starfire for its aoe rotation.

1 Like

I like them too… The current Eclipse system is horrible to play so that change for me is huge. I’m willing to wait and see for the rest…

1 Like

To gain the benefit of our new mastery for our AOE builder, Starfire, or to have starfall gain its full damage from mastery, we’ll have to apply moonfire to everything before we can start our AOE rotation.

In lower keys, everything will be dead before we can do that, and in higher keys the ramp time won’t be rewarding if we constantly have to refresh all of those moonfires as pulls get longer.

Unless they add new talents to make mass applying moonfire easier, our rotation will feel worse than it currently does for AOE.

The buff to shooting stars might offset all of that if we get enough astral power to constantly use starfall, but if we’re forced to cast starfire, our rotation will also suffer because now it doesn’t have a reduced cast time.

Edit: and we’ll still have to cast wrath twice to go into lunar eclipse as well. Think of all the globals we’ll need.

1 Like

I’ve always wished that boomies were able to cast while moving similar to hunters, even if moving added a little bit to cast times.

Maining druid has been a want of mine for many years but it boomie just doesn’t feel nice to play (for me)

2 Likes

i played a bit on ptr and either the changes are not live atm cause my starfall don’t have to be targeted on the ground

The updates were made yesterday so it should be in next week’s beta.

Agreed, gonna wait for the rest of the tree before coming to conclusion but I’m liking what I’m seeing so far.

Also the easiest fix(And I hope they implement it) is to let Moonfire cleave nearby enemies. I played SV Hunter during T16 which was SoO and their AE was basically fire and forget, just let Moonfire get that same treatment as Sunfire instead of tab targeting everything in order to dot them.

It doesn’t add any layer of depth or complexity, just needless and tedious work to remain competitive with other classes that have less barriers to cross to AE. The spec needs less ramp, not more.

I’m hopeful. Most of these changes are good. I wish starfall could stack being centered on me, but I also see why they could see a balance issue there.

I still hate the thought of having to tab-moonfire a bunch of different mobs. Giving us a tool to spread moonfire faster would make me pretty happy. It needs to be on a shorter CD than CA. But otherwise I sitll think every change they listed was positive.

I mean even if you don’t apply moonfire it’s still a net gain in damage though compared to what we have now yeah? And you can stay in the same eclipse the whole time.

I mean I get it not being perfect but how does it possibly look worse than what you currently have?

1 Like

I think the worst thing is having to ground targey starfall every 8 seconds

1 Like

I can see the issue with having to dot everything. I Hate tab targeting crap.

It’s not a net gain if you don’t use your mastery and have slower casted spells.

All it means is mastery will be low on priority for m+ and high foe ST/cleave.

But it overall makes us weaker since mastery is currently our best stat.

Only bc pf the rotating eclipse. Take that out and it doesnt matter.

I see your concern with spamming starfire for aoe and needing moonfire on all targets. It will be a net gain for astral damage though.

Hopefully if enough people voice the concerns they’ll let moonfire cleave to some degree. I do agree if the dots are that important then applying them in mass should be easier.

What do you think of this as a potential solution. What if shooting stars procs on the target had a chance to apply moonfire to that target? Would that make the actual moonfire spell too redundant? Or what if shooting stars maybe added to the duration so the upfront time needed to apply resulted in saved back end time? Something to that effect.

Sunfire feels great of course and if moonfire is just as important then perhaps something like my suggestion needs to happen or twin moons needs to hit a radius and not just a secondary target. Although at the moment TM competes with stellar flare and I kinda wish we had three dots :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

This is a good point and starfall will do more damage in a lot of ways with the new changes.

It’s just odd that our mastery will now work in such a cumbersome way.

One thing I’d like to see is Moon fire when cast hits all enemies like sun fire does when you have a pack of mobs boom sun fire all of em should be the same with moon fire.

3 Likes

where is the blue post this info is coming from?
i cant find it

Governation’s point on the 2 Wraths to enter the correct Eclipse state for AoE hits home.

I remember Legion empowerments, and it’s almost as if they should look at using that idea in a different way.

Instead of the Wraths causing cleave damage to nearby enemies (Legion), it should spread applied Moonfires to nearby enemies, say 10 yds. Tank grabs more packs, throw in another Wrath and resume Starfiring. It will still involve a GCD decision, but be less painful than tabbing through all the new mobs.

4 Likes

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/en/wow/t/feedback-druids/1279517/197

1 Like