New Ascendance forms and weapons

It’s a mistake to make them use our regular character weapons. It clashes heavily visually with them. Most won’t match.

Either make weapons not visible while in ascendance forms or give them their thematically matching unique weapons.

3 Likes

The new Ascendance form has many issues, including awkward weapon attack animations and the troll doll skin put on banshee model design.

Druids are the shapeshifters, Shamans should retain their racial models, making attack animations a non issue.

I hope Blizz gets back to the drawing board. I would much prefer Kurog Grimtotem design for Ascendance: using the elemental-like armor pieces from Vault of the Incarnates raid (any class, not just shaman) and using different colour scheme of the armor combined with eye glow and possibly skin tints.

Best option would be Barber Shop customisation that could include the old model, the new one, and various elemental armor/carapace combinations. Bonus points if the Ascendance customisations don’t force an element per specialization (i.e. allowing Storm Ascendant colour set for Elemental rather than only fire).

3 Likes

The new Ascendance model is kind of unpleasant all around. The model, the animations, the feeling that we are forced into it as enhance due to talent changes. None of it feels or looks very good to me. I’m hoping it’s given a good rethink or we’re given the option for new visuals with a glyph or the barber.

I’m a Zandalari troll so I know it does not bother me as much as orc and tauren players.

But the stiffness of the model can use work and weapons should be hidden or the ascendance models need their own set of weapons to be animated around.

Everybody would prefer we go the Kurog Grimtotem route for ascendance effects, but these models have kind of grown on me if Blizzard can bother giving them more visible elemental aura effects. Outside the hair you can barely see the elemental flourish in the model.