New allied races + "Customization allied races" for core races + New classes for races

After Argus, we learn that the Broken aren’t thrilled that they were abandoned by the Draenei. So that’ll need to be explained if they were going to join the Alliance.

I don’t see this happening, atleast not with out something big explaining it. 10,000 years is a long time to be chasing and trying to kill a group of people. The Eredar became Man’ari after letting themselves be corrupted by fel. They’re still part of the Legion as well.

The legion was defeated, but it’s far from gone.

Going to be real here for all of us Gnomes out here.

Can we have new faces? Maybe a necklace? Please stop giving everything to Night Elves.

While I love the idea of new races, I also feel the need to point out that they cannot keep up with the current load of them. Sethrak would be fun.

• Class: Warrior, Hunter, Rogue, Chaman, Mage, Monk, Death Knight
  • Racial capital: Azshara/Durotar
  • Racial leader: Neri Sharpfin (Unshackled)
  • Racial mount: Snapdragon
  • Hunter pet: Spiked crab
  • Scenario: Now the Unshackled are free from their old persecutors with the help of the Horde. But Neri understand quickly that all Unshackled could become slaves again if they aren’t enough strong. So Neri, accompanied by Vim , Poen, Mak, and Pronk go in Durotar because they want to join the ranks of the Horde. We will see the move of the Unshackled in Durotar or Azshara (sea side) under the supervision of Lor’themar.

Glad people have not forgotten about these guys.

3 Likes

No offense to light forged but like, don’t they have a racial which is basically a suicide vest of ‘The Light’ that goes off when they die?

I don’t think that level of zealotry would make for a good monk.

Switch out man’ari with stormheim vrykul and maybe reduce the number of horde races to keep this even and you may be on to something here.

Always happy to see others want Ogres also! If you’re interested, I do run the Stonemaul Ogre megathread here to support them as a playable Horde race:

As for my own personal wishlist of playable races, in no particular order:

:japanese_goblin::trident: Kelfin (Horde)
:cut_of_meat::japanese_ogre: Ogres (Horde)
:cut_of_meat::tiger2: Saberon (Either)
:wine_glass::bat: San’layn (Horde)
:meat_on_bone::crocodile: Saurok (Horde)
:snake: Sethrak (Either)

Ogres and Saurok top my most wanted list, but I hope to see that character creation screen filled with races people have been requesting for a long time! :smiley:

5 Likes

I counter your Man’ari with Sargerei Draenei for the Horde.

1 Like

Kelfin deserve druids, and lightning/bioluminescence paladins.

1 Like

Yep. I saw it several times and it’s a great thread (very well done with many very good things). :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

Broken from Outland don’t seem to have the same opinion. There are Broken with the Draenei in the Exodar. Nobundo is Alliance character too.

But I speak about Broken from Outland not Krokul from Argus. Sure, Krokul from Argus aren’t very happy with Draenei (we can see it with Hatuun about Velen).

Well, everything is possible. Look Lothraxion. :slightly_smiling_face:

Sure, that’s the topic.

It was mostly Kil’jaeden, he was obsessed with Velen (and by extension the other Draenei because they were with Velen).
Kil’jaeden loved Velen as a brother before becoming a Man’ari Eredar. So he perceived it as a betrayal from Velen. So he tracked Velen and his followers to take “revenge”.

For example, Archimonde doesn’t care about Draenei or Velen. I’m not even sure other Man’ari Eredar care about that.

Yes and no. They are a part of the Burning Legion because of fel. But not every Man’ari Eredar consider themself as a part of the Burning Legion. Same thing with demons. Some demons are a part of Illidari (Man’ari Eredar, Shivarra, Sayaad, Mo’arg, Felguard, etc). Don’t forget Illidari are one of the prime enemies of the Burning Legion. Val’zuun (one of the Uncrowned contacts - Legion) seems to be more against the Burning Legion than a part of it.

With archaeology we can find the item : Orb of Inner Chaos: “Chaos does not come easily to all demons - some struggle with the ways of the Burning Legion. Those that did will often carried an enchanted orb that invoked the rage required of any good demon. It is not known how the orbs were made, or who made them.”
=> Not every demons seem to be comfortable or fine with the Burning Legion

Well, the “core” of the Burning Legion is destroyed. Now I don’t really see what they can do without this precious “core”

Well, I would like Vrykul too but they have a very tall model in the game. :pensive:

It could be great if we could have smaller Vrykul (but with the same size as the Kul Tirans or Drusts). :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

I saw it. It’s a very nice megathread about Ogres. :grinning:

I really like this one (he has nice things on him for Ogre customizations too):

https://imgur.com/inAEXWv

Yep. I’m totaly for these ones. The are on my wishlist too.

I hope the same thing. :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

Absolute hard no to another elf race.
We have enough. Blizzard already said no to San’layn and killed them off in BFA.

If you want to play a gothic vampire looking elf, you can already with void elves. You can make a San’layn look alike with them literally right now, bat mounts and all. People are just still in denial the gothic elves are Alliance.

Also, joy. Broken.
We really don’t need allied race slots being taken up by niches on the Alliance when we already. There a re better options like Arrakoa and Furbolg that’d actually give better visual variety to the faction, and cover popular niches that are actually wanted.

I mean, ogres are bigger then them slightly . . . Also tauren lore wise are much taller then in game so it can work

For Ogres, we can find models with a playable Tauren size so it will works well.

For playable Taurens, they are a little smaller than the Tauren lore wise.

Maybe it could work for the Vrykul. I admit I don’t really know for them. But it could be interesting to test it.

1 Like

Honestly this game could use a playable race with heavy Norse culture, could work perfectly against the Greco Roman style ogres if you some how bring em to their former intellect levels

1 Like

I am a bit apprehensive about Man’ari on the Alliance as that would potentially give them some of the greatest warlocks that have ever existed which would put another cosmic power under their thumb.

Alliance is pretty strong in the forces of Light, Life, Arcane, and Void. I personally would like the Alliance to share the load of cosmic representation.

2 Likes

Maybe more down to earth races for Alliance like furbolg or dryads/keepers or something. I dunno.

This corruption of jinyu is ugly and cannot shut up.
I prefer jinyus and not something done in the same spirit of laziness and mockery of kultirans and junkgnomes for alliance.

If Blizzard does very well but it will be another slot spent with something that doesn’t give the alliance or glamor or prestige.

No more blood elves esque.

It’s amazing how something good always ends up in the horde and the alliance only receives something that nobody wants and doesn’t even bring to the alliance what the horde receives attention.

Well I can understand that. But I find it’s more “difficult” than that.

The Horde has the most powerful Arcane users with the Nightborne and the Blood Elves. Of course, Humans master arcanes well but I’m not sure they master it as well as the Nightborne and the Blood Elves with their practice for thousands or hundreds years. The Draenei master very well the arcanes and maybe with the same level as the Nightborne.

For the Void, it’s just a little group. So nothing very important for now. We need to see what will happen for this “new race”.
The Horde has a Void mastery with the Mag’har from Draenor (Shadowmoon clan) and we can see Mag’har Darkcasters (I think from the Outland) using the Void in Orgrimmar. But sadly they aren’t highlighted. :frowning:
It could be interessing to have interactions between a race connected to the Void for the Horde with the Mag’har Darkcasters. Maybe a new race or a race infused with the Void (like the Void Elves but with a very different race).

For the Light, I totally agree. The Horde need to get another race with the Light like the the Blood Knights.

If by Life you mean Druids, I find the Alliance and the Horde have the same “power” with the Night Elves and tht Taurens. The 2 races have great affinities in druidism and we can find powerful druids in the both sides.

The Horde have all the most powerful Shamans (but yes it’s not a cosmic representation). :sweat_smile:

Keep in mind the warlocks are “evil things” for the Alliance and for the Horde so these warlocks can’t use all kind of magics.
Some races in the Horde have a really deep hate against warlocks.
The Man’ari Eredar can be good warlocks but I’m pretty sure most of them aren’t so powerful as Gul’dan, Archimonde or Kil’jaeden and maybe less powerful than some other great warlocks.

Well, Ankoan or Jinyu => Just give us our humanoid fish-like we wanted in MoP or BfA. :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

They aren’t blood elves. :clown_face:

I don’t know how we can put Sethrak in the Alliance. They have pretty more interactions with the Horde and the Zandalari than the Alliance. :sweat_smile:

Vorrik with Alliance: “Ok, you can put your camp here”.
Vorrik with Horde: “You defeated the emperor Korthek and the Faithless with me”.

Do you suggest races like the Jinyu or the Mogu for the Alliance?

What a lovely summary. I really appreciate you for mentioning my favorite race here and was delighted to see it. Also yes–I REALLY would love so much to see Prince Theraldis or Atherann (one or both of the missing blood princes) being developed. I really think they have such neat potential. We only saw them once in a vision and I’m wondering what they’ve been up to for a decade. There’s a lot of good story (antihero-esque) that could be written. They also would work well with Taunka, I feel. Necrotic Horse sounds lovely, bet there’s some neat designs that could be made from it. Or maybe a bat-like horse, too.

But yeah! Appreciate it, and of course love all the other things you mentioned too, I support all of this dearly. I love these customizations too. I also think a pandaren druid would be another great class/race combo to have!

5 Likes

Yes they are blood elves, who have been painted purple so that people can pretend they are not blood elves. No lore. Just something taken from the thin air to fill the vacuum.

But then it would just be another new variant of draenei. would be 3.
How innovative. :sleeping:

We can not. Blizzard just didn’t leave any chance for this.
They preferred to give us something that everyone took for granted as obese humans with no heroic appeal and junkgnomes that no one liked, especially after being paired with vulperas, who were a race that everyone loved. it was like giving a Ferrari to the horde and a trabant to the alliance and not imagining why the alliance left the BfA with such eroded morale.

But could we have arakkoas/saberons/vrykul?
Not just more things that just humiliate the alliance’s image.
There are options that can bring something new and different but it seems that only what is invariable can be put on the alliance.

The impression I have is that if blizzard used a race of dragonborne, they would end up in the horde because blizzard preferred to make their story only linked to the horde.
And for ally, they would do something like gnomes made of wood and cynically say that races are equal in appeal to players.

Yep. Jinyus at least has a history with the alliance.

Mogus on alliance would be the same as nagas on alliance.
Something very silly. Mogus are a breed we have no history with.
And they are a race of usurpers, antagonists and enslavers. If I’m going to pick something like that, I’d prefer that we’re graced with gnolls.

With new classes => better than just another reskin race with exactly the same classes or less classes. :wink:

Let’s see what will be the next races before saying that. Sure allied races in BfA weren’t perfect. But what is done is done. Now we must think about the future.

We need to know how before wanting them.
Arakkoas => Only cursed Arakkoas are in our world
Saberons => There are only few of them from Draenor (WoD) and they are somewhere in Durotar (but where?)
Vrykul => For those we know, they don’t care about Alliance or Horde. So we need to have “new smaller vrykul” to have one chance to get them.

Many people like the Dark Iron Dwarves in the both side too. :wink:

Dark Iron Dwarves doesn’t humiliate the Alliance’s image at all. :fire:

Well, Alliance could get new race with a “true” canine race :dog: or a humanoid fish-like :shark: or a reptile race :lizard: for example. I think it should be pretty refreshing. :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

Sure I would like a new refreshing race in the Alliance side too as did Vulpera, Nightborne and Zandalari Troll on the Horde side. I like playing my Zandalari Troll or my Nightborne.

My only hope, for now, is for the 10.0 => Can we have new cool races or old races we want for a long time and not just a reskin races with the same classes.

Old races:
Alliance: Broken (TBC), Jinyu (MoP)
Horde: Mok’Nathal (TBC), Taunka (WotLK), San’layn (WotLK), Gilgoblin (Cataclysm?), Ogre (Vanilla or Cataclysm), Forest Troll (Vanilla or Cataclysm => customization like the wildhammer?), Dark Ranger (Vanilla or WotLK => customization?)

Agreed with that. They should have more interactions with the Alliance especially since the end of MoP. :thinking:

A potential allied race too. :fish:

Mogu have one of the best lore in the World of Wracraft franchise.
Mogu are a titan-forged race as the Dwarves, the Humans and the Gnomes are titan-forged races too. :gear:
Not all of them are antagonists and enslavers => Rajani or emperor Tsao

Well, we can always find a good opportunity for that. Mostly if it’s well written. :wink:

I prefer to have Mogu or Jinyu instead Gnolls. And I’m pretty sure I’m not the only one about that. :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

It’s not a bad idea. I like it. So I added it in the Class section. :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

1 Like