Never won an Ashran

As alliance, is it even possible?

1 Like

Oh look, yet ANOTHER “Ashran” thread from Alliance :joy:

Anyways, to answer your question OP; yes it’s possible, just difficult.

One of the big problems is Alliance PUGs have this annoying tendency to split up/scatter at the start - makes winning difficult. On the other hand, Horde PUGs tend to stick together and travel as a group.

Also it probably doesn’t help when like 2-3 different strats are being called out in Alliance bg chat, instead of everyone agreeing on just 1 strat and executing it well.

Not entirely true. I have been in a number of matches where we all went mage, or all went to forest, or even ninjad to the boss and at least 95% of the people were together (few stragglers). In every case, we still could not kill the mage, or kill the boss or get anything done.

Well then, it sounds like you weren’t fast enough or didn’t do enough DPS. Probably one of the two.

I’ve even been in a few “backdoor” wins, it’s doable… but need good DPSers and most importantly, need to work fast.

I won a couple Ashrans myself. Not sure what strat was used but it seemed like we stayed together and just pummeled the crap out of the Horde. Guess we had more geared people in our group.

Only won backdoor

2 Likes

It sounds like a joke, but the most “backdoor rush” wins I’ve seen pulled off by Alliance was during bg week :laughing:

Won with backdoor like 5-6 times during one bg week.

My guess for why it “suddenly” works great during bg week is the Horde team has more clueless PvE’ers on the team (casuals, Blood of the Enemy farmers, etc), and those types of players are less likely to notice sneaky stuff like backdoor - less likely to respond to it as well.

I’ve actually won a few of these, and contrary to above points, backdoor is horrible. It’s literally the easiest thing for Horde to stop. All they have to do is fall back, hit you with equal numbers + elites now aiding them and it’s ggs.

The ones I have won have been from us facing Horde in the middle and wiping them. The first wipe at mid almost always is the determining factor of your winner.

No. It’s nearly impossible to win Ashran as Alliance because Horde get a 15% free stat increase on their side of the map. There needs to be a 15% consumable on the Alliance side of the map that Alliance can have instant access to the same way Horde do. 15% extra damage and healing is such a massive advantage.

4 Likes

It’s the 15% stat flowers right by Horde base. This does 2 things:

1. Gives the Horde a 15% bonus
  2. Gives the Horde an easy, close, desirable objective at the start of the BG.

That objective ensures all Horde stay together with no coordination needed (everyone wants the flower bonus and it’s close so less likely to split and go somewhere else first) and therefore win the first team fight (due to all being together coupled with the stat advantage). From there it’s just a never ending road fight which favors the Horde as Alliance are disadvantaged, demoralized, and rezzing/split up.

3 Likes

Solid observation. A map that promotes sticking together and also gives a 15% stat buff to a faction who overall has a higher gear score/more high end raiders.

I wonder how long I will have this quest to kill Voljin. I highly doubt I complete it this expansion.

1 Like

Honestly, the only way to complete that “kill Voljin” 150 conquest points quest is with a (properly executed) backdoor rush. Literally the only way I was able to complete it.

In the course of the typical Ashran match, the bg will always end long before Alliance gets anywhere near Voljin. It’s basically impossible to kill Voljin under normal circumstances, a fast backdoor is the only way.

I’ve never seen a Voljin kill in a “normal” game (where both sides have the usual teamfight in mid, or clash at ogre, etc).

No no no, warzug says ally are just lazy and need to google strats and boss fights. Horde are just better, no map bias here.

Well… yeah :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

When you don’t know how something works, a simple Google search helps a lot… or you can continue wiping/losing over and over, and not learn (much more common).

At some point, a normal person will want to know why he keeps losing/failing, so he can make changes.

I haven’t gotten knocked off by “Living Bomb” in like 5 months, first couple times it happened I got curious and Googled it, then I never got knocked off again.

I’ll admit i have never played horde side on Ashran. Is there anything to google or just stay in zerg?

I have won many Ashran but never killed the alliance boss . I still have that quest open for months now.

Pretty simple , go Left out of gate . Collect flower. Kill Ogre. Turn right back to road . Kill alliance till you get them back behind their mage . Go up tower kill mage. Get down . Spam some AoE. Game over . GG

1 Like

You will be able to kill the boss and complete the quest during the Ashran brawl week.