Never thought it would happen

Never thought I would level an allied race for a set of heritage armor.
Never thought I would level a second elemental shaman.
Never thought I would level the same class on the same faction.
Never thought I would roll a female alt.
Never thought I would level from 20 when I still have a 110 boost.
Never thought I’d hit 110 so quickly.

And I never thought I’d enjoy it so much!

4 Likes

Grats!

Also, obligatory: Dear WRA Forum, I never thought this would happen to me . . .

4 Likes

Now you’re hooked and will be doing it again. I’m on my 6th and 7th monk and have plans for an 8th one once Zandalari go live.

How does everyone level them so fast?

Three weeks isn’t all that quickly but heirloom items help. I was doing about 5 levels a night up until lvl 90 when I dropped back to 2-3.

Congratulations. I haven’t managed it yet - I haven’t leveled a toon properly, I think, since they released character boosts. Aheh.

Would you say elemental is more enjoyable to level than enhancement? Because right now I am suffering with my mag’har enhancement shaman and I’ve been thinking about swapping to elemental.

You could always try Resto. That may sound odd, but they rebalanced all of the healer specializations to be competent while leveling - Holy Priest and Holy Paladin are particularly powerful, and Resto Shaman hasn’t given me any trouble at all. It’s fairly fun, if a bit repetitive.

Hot dog! That’s great to hear, I’ve been meaning to try out healing but never thought healing would work while leveling.

I’m the wrong person to ask on spec because I don’t like melee classes/specs, nor do I heal. I only play hunter/shaman/mage, and they’re all marksman/elemental/arcane.

Ah. Well, if elemental is enjoyable for you it might be worth a look too. I’ll try both specs out. Enhance just really isn’t sticking with me.

Healing, at least early on, is fairly enjoyable. My only concern is that it might become expected for you to DPS while healing, because you -can- do decent damage now. Protadins have talents that support that sort of playstyle - some people are even reporting that well-geared healers can outdo them in dps. Whether that’s true or not is hard to say, but healers have never been better to level.

That’s comforting. My priest just hit 15. I have heirlooms, but I’ve always been hesitant because randos in dungeons are going for a world first record.

1 Like

I will say that elemental seems to be a monster AoE spec if you choose Liquid Magma Totem and Stormkeeper traits. I’ve been surprised just how much I’ve been able to wreck at one time when combined with successive Earthquake drops. With the Earth Elemental as a tank, I can recall a few situations in Nazmir where I’ve wiped out 10-12 mobs with no trouble.