Never seen so many bugs

Not complaining - just observing, and hoping for some insight. I’ve been a casual WoW player since open beta, gone for extended periods, but always return to keep this toon, my main, at level max.

Things I’ve noticed with this expansion:

1. There are lots of bugged quests - quests that you can’t complete without relogging or abandoning, to get going again.
  2. There are phasing issues: e.g. Dalaran can get into a state where it is partly in Crystalsong and partly in Broken Shore and you can run between the two phases.
  3. Leveling from 1-60 is an interesting experience. You still get to go through the content you choose, or even the campaign storyline, but a single quest or two is sometimes enough to gain a level. Is it too easy? I don’t know. Who doesn’t like leveling fast?
  4. There’s some silly PC stuff in Dragonflight - all the single sex romance quests. I guess that was unavoidable.

I guess the level squish and the desire to delinearize the 1-60 leveling experience still has lots of unfixed unforeseen consequences. Or maybe it is just a case of a huge software conglomerate becoming intractably unwieldy - kinda like twitter, say.

3 Likes

You’ve never seen so many and you’ve played since open beta?

Ok now I know you’re full of it.

1 Like

Well, not so many all at once. I run into a bug maybe once an hour or so that I need to relog or abandon out of.

Maybe with level compression we also got bug frequency compression.

I’m not sure he’s wrong. I’ve played since BC and while there have always been bugs, I certainly encounter much more than I used to…

For example, ore being inside the ground, or phasing out when I get close to it. It also seems like one out of every 4 or 5 quests I cannot hit “complete quest,” until I close the dialogue, back away from NPC, then reclick them and try again. And even just last night, while running the 25 raid bosses for TP, I realized I have some new bug where it spins my character around every time I try to get on or off an elevator…

Sure bugs are a part of any game, and maybe in this case, the game is just showing its age (new code on top of old code on top of older code is always a liability), but WoW is definitely a lot less solid and seamless than it used to be.

2 Likes

This game is buggy as crap.

2 Likes

ore being inside the ground

Was a constant thing since the game launched in 2004

phasing out when I get close to it

since legion, but yes this one does need fixed

It also seems like one out of every 4 or 5 quests I cannot hit “complete quest,” until I close the dialogue

Since game launched in 2004

I realized I have some new bug where it spins my character around every time I try to get on or off an elevator…

Since 2004 again, ive always had this issue. I just don’t care about this one.

I’m not saying there aren’t things that need to be fixed. Saying “it’s the worst it has ever been,” is just dishonest if they’ve actually played since open beta.

WQ for Huntmaster Amaa has been glitching out for months and they still haven’t fix it.

Next patch humans and Orcs are getting Gen Z hair color… :man_facepalming:

1 Like

99 little bugs in the code,
99 little bugs in the code,
Take one down, patch it around,

420 little bugs in the code.

2 Likes

I’ve only come across a couple, but seem to be in the minority if the forums are indeed correct:

1. Bag pickup quest north of Valdrakken wouldn’t acknowledge the last bag to complete. Happened on two characters.
  2. Zoning into an instance if you’re Dragonriding will sometimes invert your mouse-look and requires a /reload ui to revert.

The disappearing ore isn’t strictly a bug, but a phasing line.

1 Like

IDK I never saw them before now. Not at all saying “the worst its ever been” - I love Blizz and I love WoW. Just saying I’ve never seen so many bugs in WoW before.

apropos of nothing: people don’t realize how clever it was to add dragonriding to a new expansion given how the “give us flying” brigade usually launching with every new expansion.

Also I am not sure people realize the difference between “swimming in the air” flying, and actual game physics flying. It is actually quite an accomplishment.

My friend the title of the post itself is “never seen so many bugs.”

I think Blizzard should fix the mulitude of issues, what I am saying is people are complaining about things that have anyways existed. Yes, they still need to be fixed.

Does DF have more bugs than some other expansions? Yes, that isn’t in question. However, 2004 until Cata has so many bugs that it could ruin people’s weeks flat out.

Also I am not sure people realize the difference between “swimming in the air” flying, and actual game physics flying. It is actually quite an accomplishment.

Agree.

I remember entire raid nights being canceled mid-run because the instance would break or the bosses would preventing progression. Missing loot, environmental damage not working, characters actually disappearing (GM fixed these fast though back then), and many other issues.

I would much rather be upset some nodes I wanted are unreachable then relive the nightmares of bosses not dropping loot and other things.

1 Like

Maybe I am just being passive-aggressive over the downtime. But still, I’ve never seen so many bugs in WoW :slight_smile:

Maybe but as it was back then, if the downtime is more than 48 hours in a 7 day period we should get free game time. However, we haven’t come close to the 48 hour mark like back then which is probably were they set their precedent for it.

1 Like

I remember a couple of these… one was over a Thanksgiving break and the AUTH servers were down for 3-ish days.

1 Like

My server was down for 6 days straight once :joy:, once we approach that territory I will start rioting.

1 Like

It’s not dishonest, it’s just their personal experience, which really, is all anyone can speak for.

Perhaps for you, you ran into more bugs in the past, but for me, and the OP I suppose, we experience more bugs now than we used to, and some of them, never saw them until more recent expansions. Maybe it’s a weird luck/coincidence sort of thing. But it is our experience nonetheless. :woman_shrugging:

1 Like

Yikes… don’t blame you. The one I reference is old, circa 2010.

1 Like

It’s not dishonest, it’s just their personal experience

Normally I would understand and agree to this but they did say since open beta. That little tid bit is what makes me say the previous statements. Now if they included something like I played super casually, or didnt reach max level until X, I would understand a bit more.

1 Like

I did say that, if you read my OP. I kinda guessed you were really doubting my claim to have played since open beta - but I have. I play intensely with each new release, then back away and play other stuff - City of Heroes, Everquest, most mmorpgs of that era I have at least tried. Also a ten-year stint building 3D assets in Second Life.