Nether Tempest

I suggest increasing it’s haste by 500% and reducing damage to compensate. It looks more like a tempest/storm when the haste is increased.

1 Like

You made the same suggestion a week or two ago. That thread is still visible. Did we need a new thread?

4 Likes

Hey, you’re right. I’m just passionate about rehauling NT.

2 Likes

First they need to change how arcane echo works.

3 Likes

I mean if you can’t continue the thread because you were last one to comment, and it’s been buried under hoards of other threads – It’s kind of the only way to revive the addressing of issue / resolution / topic.

:man_shrugging:

Or maybe swallow your ego and realize the reason it got buried is because whatever you’re saying isn’t really an issue anyone cares about and recreating the thread because no one replied to the first one is just sad.

Think the real play for NT is to just bring it behind the barn and shoot it.

The button is pressed almost exclusively after RS to proc echo. Heck just give us a talent to make RS apply it and turn NT into a passive.

Does not feel good to press, does not make mage feel better to play, does not add skill expression to the class.

1 Like

This is a problem and deserves as many topics as necessary, until there is a change on Blizzard’s part or at least an adequate response for their negligence.

I was mostly talking about bug-reports. That’s not really an ego problem, lol

New threads get created every day, them getting buried is because of that and that the threads people DO ‘care about’ or get bumped — are in most cases: Those that are controversial.

People love to argue on the WoW forums.

• Hell, you talk on the General Discussion how Shadowlands was a bad expansion and you’ll have Tiffany commenting on how wrong you are & probably waffling something about an ‘Echo chamber’ again.
  • Comment on how we should bring back content that’s not available anymore, like challenge mode gear – for completing similar challenges or of high difficult feats to accomplish: You’ll probably have Tovi on a warpath to stop you.
  • Comment anything about High Elves or Asmongold and you got yourself a new world war.

Those are just some base examples, but that’s the gist of how forums stay up top for a good while lol.

NT will be removed in Worlds Within. I really want it back even though it has little usefulness in damage dealing rotations. It is a GREAT GREAT utility spell for pulling and tagging. It is instant with only global cooldown and is non-directional. Running behind OP melee sometimes NT is the only way I get a hit in. I don’t see a comparable spell in the Worlds Within beta.

2 Likes

It really is nice for tagging mobs for questing and then orbing them.

1 Like

Literally all it was good for besides triggering Arcane Echo. But now that they removed the cooldown on ABarr after all these years (which should never have been there to begin with) I find myself using it for tagging. Coupled with Chrono Shift it’s amazing for that purpose.

Nether Tempest definitely won’t be missed in the state it was before removal but it could have easily been salvaged if it was turned into a medium length cooldown and worked in a manner similar to Fury of Elune. Imagine an arcane tornado, worthy of the “tempest” moniker, following mobs around. Such a squandered opportunity… /sigh

3 Likes

I think it was you who said it…but increasing its haste by 500% and reducing damage to compensate just for the visuals would have been kind of cool.

Now all I’m picturing is a beautiful arcane tornado that catches any missiles I shoot at the target and turns them into an AoE swarm.

They can make it a choice node with Arcane Surge so that no serious mage will use it in progression. But I like have access to my little worthless DoT for when spamming old raids for mog.

During the Valentine Holiday they had a dummy that if you attacked it, it gave you a stacking haste buff. Up to 500% and nether tempest looked awesome with it. It looked like a storm.

1 Like

I’m genuinely sad that I missed that!

I think I took a video of it. I gotta find it.

I’ll miss this spell.

I loved the MoP version of it when you could place it on many enemies and it looked like fireworks.

They should have made it a choice-node passive that auto applies with Slow.

1 Like